X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

of course guys you will agree ... it is not the smal mestake on our X T.
it is BIG price for the parts and drinks... trans oil... $45per L ... coolant $28per L ...one rim lognuts $14 ... to fix oil gasc. pan $1200-toyota probably $85.I can do this all day longggggggggggg. o... I almost forgot-call two days ago to ask for tuch up paint lol... $36.
that is magic.. LOL.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL !! DO A EBAY SEARCH ON A 70's Toyota Coupe & a Jaguar X-Type......Hmmmmmm i wonder what will sell faster and for more....??? besides all the BS about throttle problems toyota still wins!

You cant even come close in value JAGUAR!

u all will learn... fix your problems and get rid of it to the next fool!....oh boy will i miss having to change all 4 tires because one is bad oh and the mark up on engine parts...WOW! its funny when you can get the same parts found on a FORD Lincoln LS for much cheaper...hhhmmmmm.....got to love the AWD jag.....its named jag for a reason

and yes i will move on with my biggest mistake........

Old 04-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce in North Dakota
Vincek (who started this thread) might have a point.

(Excluding the one on the top of his head)

A '73 Toyota probably has greater resale value, if you live in a Trailer Park.

And no one can argue the image a '73 Toyota presents to the world: Trailer Park.

I can just imagine the thrill of that '73 Toyota filling the Trailer Park with the deep throaty sounds of that rusted-out muffler.

Add a little duct-tape over the missing wing-window, throw a couple of empties under the seat - and man, THAT'S a ride!

Yeah, I agree. Vincek needs to get rid of his Jaguar. It might be damaging to his image.

***Note to Mods: Oops. I shouldn't have said all that. Go ahead and pull it, I don't want to be responsible for a "Flame" or a war.
well said.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  19.3 KB

Vince.....we all know that there are many Ford parts interchangeable with the X type, which is why most anyone with one and some common sense will buy these parts at a much cheaper price!
Toyota may have had an excellent reputation for quite a few years, but thats now totally in the toilet BIG time!
Out of all the Toyotas there have been very few ever that have caught my eye, usually fairly bland cars although their Lexus marque is pretty damn good I have to say.
As for the AWD system on the X, its pretty awesome actually, very simple and works so well!

You've made your feelings clear vince and are moving on and I wish you well, hopefully you'll get a sale soon.
I think you've probably gathered by now that you're not really going to get many people to agree with what you're saying about the car /brand.

I'd remind members to make honest simple statements of fact and refrain from running down each other or making abusive remarks!

Are we to assume that as and when you sell the vehicle you too will be moving on and will be leaving this site? You are still more than welcome to stay if you wish to do so

Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim...sorry for resurrecting this, as you eloquently are trying to shut it down. It makes me think about WHY we all bought a Jaguar and what drives us to different vehicles. You have to evaluate your own individual and personal wants/desires/needs when choosing a car. Weigh that against the mounds of data collected for different car brands and models and make an informed choice.

Seems like one would take the following attributes into account, prioritize them and decide which car is "right" for them:

Reliability
Economy
Style
Price
Safety
Performance
Comfort
"Prestige" or other intangibles

Clearly, the Jaguar brand has not been at the top of the list for reliability. Any amount of research shows that. If reliability is your main concern, go a different route.

Which brings the other point up, is that clearly the poster of this thread didn't properly do his research and evaluate his priorities correctly for HIMSELF and thinks he ended up with a bad product. He now wants to yell at the world for HIS mistake.

The rest of us on here who value other attributes of Jaguar disagree.

This is like having an argument over a piece of modern art. What's the point?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM

I have been reading this trend for a few days now, what most of you dont want to hear from all my years working on Jaguars i must say yes vince the Jaguar Xtype is the worst of all jaguars and they keep on rolling in my shop from trans problems to bearing failure. I personally would run and run FAST from buying a X. Jaguar is a very good brand and have enjoyed working on them but a ford made jaguar not so good. But dont put it all on the X now, the S types are just as bad.

Toyota has major issues right now and i mean major! But the resale value yes its over the roof. That i must say i dont understand maybe because its a japan car?

I personally perfer the older Jaguars that ive seen sell for over 100k beat that toyota.

now i got that all off my chest ,cheers!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 45

Rstallard...you post away till your hearts content buddy
Seriously I have absolutely no intention of shutting down this thread UNLESS things get outta hand.

I honestly believe that debate is a good thing and no one will ever agree on everything...You make some really good points and made them well.
Jagmechanic as someone who works on them also has his veiwpoint and obviously he's not for them....and yet mostly we all still love them for what they are / represent.

Brand bashing by anyone either on this forum or others is what gets me.....If someone doesn't like the X type and puts across a fair point, so be it, I'm sure the amount of members replies who will disagree will far outweigh them, rightly or wrongly. As long as its done in a controlled manner and with common courtesy.

Its name calling / brand bashing / poor language etc etc that may eventually close this thread down, but, personally I'd like to see it run its course

Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

Rstallard...you post away till your hearts content buddy
Seriously I have absolutely no intention of shutting down this thread UNLESS things get outta hand.

I honestly believe that debate is a good thing and no one will ever agree on everything...You make some really good points and made them well.
Jagmechanic as someone who works on them also has his veiwpoint and obviously he's not for them....and yet mostly we all still love them for what they are / represent.

Brand bashing by anyone either on this forum or others is what gets me.....If someone doesn't like the X type and puts across a fair point, so be it, I'm sure the amount of members replies who will disagree will far outweigh them, rightly or wrongly. As long as its done in a controlled manner and with common courtesy.

Its name calling / brand bashing / poor language etc etc that may eventually close this thread down, but, personally I'd like to see it run its course
jimC64, please dont get me wrong here I love jaguar just some models are a pain and very time consuming all jaguar mechanics has there favorites.

" I'm sure the amount of members replies who will disagree will far outweigh them, rightly or wrongly. "

Of course, this is a Jaguar forum not a Toyota one, im sure all will have there view points. I wonder what would happen if i posted i love jaguar more then a toyota on a toyota forum. Just keep this in mind everyone MAN MADE CARS NOT MOTHER NATURE and that said there will be problems on any car.

cheers

Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Wait, is the OP serious or is he just messing with us?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 64

Originally Posted by JagMechanic
jimC64, please dont get me wrong here I love jaguar just some models are a pain and very time consuming all jaguar mechanics has there favorites.
" I'm sure the amount of members replies who will disagree will far outweigh them, rightly or wrongly. "
Of course, this is a Jaguar forum not a Toyota one, im sure all will have there view points. I wonder what would happen if i posted i love jaguar more then a toyota on a toyota forum. Just keep this in mind everyone MAN MADE CARS NOT MOTHER NATURE and that said there will be problems on any car.
cheers

I ( as I'm sure many do ) totally understand JM.
Thats why I said the good / positive will outweigh the bad here, it damn well should, its a Jag forum...lol
I still like to believe though that most members are honest about their cars, albeit maybe a little biased.
Take my Audi A6 for example....love the car to bits, awesome machine, yet I've had plenty of issues that have needed sorting out. The way that Audi / dealer has responded has taken some ofthe sting out of it though to be fair.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

you can call it what you want

nightmare, poor engineering, ford tauras (even though it isn't, you could atleast say mondeo..) slow, flop

i still got a jag bitches!, even if it is the baby. and i think its sexy. -cuts corner faster than you and leaves-

Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jn_lego
you can call it what you want

nightmare, poor engineering, ford tauras (even though it isn't, you could atleast say mondeo..) slow, flop

i still got a jag bitches!, even if it is the baby. and i think its sexy. -cuts corner faster than you and leaves-
Exactly, hate all you want but at the end of the day I'm still driving a jag.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

WTF is the point of this thread?

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM

I have had Toyotas and had to change engines and turbos, and I've had a bimmer that quite literally fell apart. No car is perfect, believe me.

Find what you like, and pay to keep it on the road as long as you like. Thats what it really comes down to. For me, I love my X!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Wink luv my bebe jag

note that in all types of cars, there are lemons, lets not generalize. note that the x type is the entry level similar as the bmw 3 series. like in buying in all used car, you need to do ur homework. Before purchasing my x-type, i paid over $500 for a complete inspection for a jag dealer.

my next purchase would be the xkr coupe, but u cant compare $$$.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:57 PM

No complaints so far on my 2.5L 02 X-Type. Have had it a year and put about 3 grand into her, but it is so worth it. I did not really like the X-Type either but I drove it after my wife decided to buy it and I loved it!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

my 03 can handle crashes pretty good as well

.. my car was traveling at like 75 - 80 mph
basically had the passenger side from front fender to back door run over by a durango.

it skidded for a block 1/2 or so and stopped (intertia switch)

from what i hear the driver was able to get out and leave with not even a scratch.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bkaiser
I have had my X-Type (2002, 2.5) for almost 7 years now and so far it has never given me any problems even now with my 132k miles on it. Just like any other car as long as u keep the maintenance up to date and take car of the car it should run practically forever.

I must agree with vince. My wifes car is a X and have spent more money on that car then she makes in a year its totally rubish. The X type is training wheels for someone wanting to own a Jaguar all the low end parts gets put on them, also dislike the shape of it looks like an old ford taurus. Vince gets one point on this round!

Old 04-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by graceride
I must agree with vince. My wifes car is a X and have spent more money on that car then she makes in a year its totally rubish. The X type is training wheels for someone wanting to own a Jaguar all the low end parts gets put on them, also dislike the shape of it looks like an old ford taurus. Vince gets one point on this round!
Ford Taurus? Clearly... you have no clue what you're saying lol

And how did you're wife dump more money into the car than she makes when these cars ain't even worth over 10-15k anymore?

Time to find a new job....

Quick Reply: Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!