X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag X-Type !! Will never buy one again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe Americans drivers complain more because I would have thought they would have more auto gearboxes, I have a manual with 120k on it and I couldn't be happier with it, yeah it has had faults but it gives me a great sense of achievement when i have fixed them.

PS i used to own a Mondy until it got written off (which i used the money to get my x-type) and they drive very differently. Inside and out there are very few parts recognisable as ford until you get underneath and they have ford badges on suspension parts / wiring looms etc, and whats wrong with that they make enought of them to know how to do it on a mass market.

I used to also own a mazda xedos 6 too and that was much closer to the feel of the x-type to drive, the xedos 6 also shares ford genes too and there was nowt wrong with that car.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a pointless thread.... Every car has problems... One more than another.... Depends on how someone drives the car n if regular maintance is done on the vehicle.... If your always kicking it down n driving it like a ricer car with fake sponser stickers on the sides... Than what the hell do you expect?

Vince... Or whatever.... Clearly you think the start of this thread is hilarious while everyone is respectivley calling you trailer park trash in so many different ways that your incompontance fails to realize that...

Please someone close this thread.... It's clear Vince is stirring the pot for his humor... He doesn't even deliver a viable explanation on why he thinks his 73 fart box outclasses n outshines the x....

Keep dreaming grasshopper...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JagXType620
What a pointless thread.... Every car has problems... One more than another.... Depends on how someone drives the car n if regular maintance is done on the vehicle.... If your always kicking it down n driving it like a ricer car with fake sponser stickers on the sides... Than what the hell do you expect?

Vince... Or whatever.... Clearly you think the start of this thread is hilarious while everyone is respectivley calling you trailer park trash in so many different ways that your incompontance fails to realize that...

Please someone close this thread.... It's clear Vince is stirring the pot for his humor... He doesn't even deliver a viable explanation on why he thinks his 73 fart box outclasses n outshines the x....

...:icon_laugh :: icon_laugh:

Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JagXType620

Agree, he has tryed to be annoying in every single post.
This thread would be better closed.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Agree, he has tryed to be annoying in every single post.
This thread would be better closed.

that would only say he's won this,dont close it just yet.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:50 AM

ok seems no one here has done there homework despite owning one.

I WILL GIVE U GUYS SOME COLD HARD FACTS:

The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

1. 1995 Ford Explorer
  2. 1997 GM EV1
  3. 1997 Plymouth Prowler
  4. 1998 Fiat Multipla
  5. 2000 Ford Excursion
  6. 2001 Jaguar X-Type
  7. 2001 Pontiac Aztek
  8. 2002 BMW 7-series
  9. 2003 Hummer H2
  10. 2004 Chevy SSR
all years are to present
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...#ixzz0mK82qfWL

wow the jaguar made #6 on the list, hmmm!

For the entry luxury category of cars Time Magazine faults the 2001 Jaguar X-type for over promising and under performing:

"The result was the English version of the Cadillac Cimarron, a tarted-up insult to a once-proud marque and a financial disaster for the company"

not my words my bothers......... info from CNN & TIMES
so saying that im sure thousands feel the same as me...

what did not make the list is a 1973 Toyota !! hehehehehehe!

good try guys!!!!:icon_ teeth:!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I ever don't believe such lists but hey since Jaguar is #6 why did you bother to buy 6th worst car in the world ?

And why do you still keep the car , just go buy a LExus then

Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Vinny. The same Japanese that made the transmission in your X are the same Japanese that designed and manufactured your Toyota! You buy a high end car and don't expect parts to be expensive?
It's like I said to my wife when we bought this thing,"If you can't afford maintenance on this car,what to hell are we buying it for?"
If you can't afford it, don't buy it in the first place? This is a moot point in my opinion.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by oldguy63
that would only say he's won this,dont close it just yet.
true, but like the poster above said. Why would you buy an expensive car if you are going to complain about how expensive the maintanance is. It doest make any sense. Do you expect an Aston Martin to run an economy $95 tire. No, then why are you complaining about maintanance. And if Jaguar is such a bad company why are you still posting in this forum?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by JEFFEE
Come on Vinny. The same Japanese that made the transmission in your X are the same Japanese that designed and manufactured your Toyota! You buy a high end car and don't expect parts to be expensive?
It's like I said to my wife when we bought this thing,"If you can't afford maintenance on this car,what to hell are we buying it for?"
If you can't afford it, don't buy it in the first place? This is a moot point in my opinion.
trans is easy to fix, its made by the japanese! I posted how to fix it on your trend didnt i ?

a mechanic ounce told me he would rather stand under a japan car lift then a US made one. nuff said!

the maintenance cost is fine, just the many many repairs you have to make on this car will drive anyone nuts. LIKE I SAID ABOVE, where is all the tech's post??? Im sure they read this trend already. They know the truth on this car.

my car is currently up on ebay for a BIN price of $3K take it off my hands please or should i put the BIN at $500 since the resale is a little more then a moped.... i will use that 3K to by another recalled car...

Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Regarding the Time magazine "List"; if one were to actually read the article it clearly states "It hardly matters that the X-Type was not that bad a car"

Yes the car was a total business and marketing failure as Ford wanted to contend with the Audi A4, BMW 3 series and C class MBs to gain traction in the German practice of marketing cars as buyers age; get them in at an entry level and up sell them later. It took these manufacturers some time to get it right too, OK BMW nailed it with the 2002/early 3s but - MB 190s (2.3-16 withstanding) and Audi Foxes? Yeah those were great cars and Cadillac is still working on it - the CTV has made great strides but don't forget about the Cimmarons and Cateras.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vincek

PS your thoughts Please im Bored
Me too. Bye bye.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  19.3 KB

Well, I think the general consensus of opinion is that we've let vince has his say, and the arguement rolls on.
You keep comomg back with the same old " facts " vince over and over...if the car ( in your eyes ) is that bad, sell it and move on.....

Everybody seems a little bored with this thread now so time to close topic.