X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jagtime

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jagtime

Hi to all x-typers can anyone help me with my cd changer in boot/trunk when i first bought the car the cd changer only played every other disc and sometimes missed parts of song , i took it out and stripped part of the changer and it got a bit tricky so i put cd changer back together and back in boot/trunk and it just started working fine for just over one year and now its saying loading and sometimes it says track but nothing ,and sometimes it will say loading and then track and play but when the one cd has finished it just say loading ,so i would like somebody to tell me if they have had this problem and if so how did you cure it , my x-type is a 2001 y reg 2.5 Cheers All

Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,915 Likes on 3,217 Posts

jagtime, I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but odds are the CD player is toast. The good thing is that odds are you can get a new changer for fairly cheap and resolve all your issues for little money. do some looking around and see what you can find. Places like E-bay usually have people parting out cars and simply write them a message asking if they would have the changer for sale and if so, how much. May find that you can get one for cheap.