X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar ACM questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

If you don't have a CD changer then you'll need to get that functionality turned on (The ACM mimics the CD changer). If you have the SatNav then you'll be able to do it yourself (you'll be able to search the forum for the instructions), if not, you'll need to either go to an official dealer or an independent.

I went to an independent a couple of weeks back. He plugged his Autologic device into the OBDII port, and 5 minutes later I was up and running. The cost was A$20 versus A$181 from a dealer (they charge in minimum 1 hour blocks!).

Rgds

Rob

Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

FM Modulator problems...
I installed the modulator, including a live iPod line out. It worked good, even charged my iTouch. But I had background noise. So I installed an inline noise suppressor between the iPod lineout and the modulator, using the RCA jacks. Killed the noise but now it wont charge the iPod. So I bought an in-car iPod charger and that works fine and used the headphone jack to plug in the iPod. The noise is back, and I have wires everywhere.

I want to go back to using the line-out from the modulator. The sound is better but it wont charge the ipod. Anyone have any ideas? The live feed is good.

Frustrated of Orlando!

Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Went through the whole system. re-connected every wire, earth, live, RCA jack, everything. And..... it works! Sound is good and it charges all my ipods, iPhones, itouches....

Life is good!

Now the ABS light! sigh......

Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Success! Finally, success. Well, it took way longer than anticipated. For anyone reading this in the future, my car needed reprogramming by the dealer before the ACM would work. My car does not have a CD changer, nor navigation. The radio does mute for a few seconds when initially turned on (some had thought this was a sign that I would NOT need reprogramming). I also have stock stereo system/speakers. They charge an hour labor, but well worth it.

Evan, thank you so much for working with me. It turns out I did need to use that loop (Part P). It was so satisfying when I heard my music being pumped through the speakers. I have full control of the music from my iPhone 4. It also appears to be charging when plugged in. Outstanding!!

Thanks again, if anyone needs help or has questions please don't hesitate. This is a very good thread.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 AM

FAIL FAIL FAIL... My FM modulator saga continues. Still getting great sound but it stopped charging any of the ipods, itouches, or iPhones we have. I guess it's a bad connection somewhere because last time I just opened her up and checked all the connections and it worked.
I live in Florida so every time I work on the car I end up sopping wet with sweat! I know you just wanted to know that!
Happy Labor Day. (Why happy? Isn't labor work?)

Old 09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, somebody knows which of FM stereo modulators (no transminers?) fits for Auctiva Image Hosting my wife,s x type 2006 year. Forexample BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS 7 FM STEREO WIRELESS TRANSMITTER SENDER MODULATOR FOR CAR | eBay Sory for my english.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you provide a part number for the ACM at Terrys Jag? I didn't see it.

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rclangelan
Can you provide a part number for the ACM at Terrys Jag? I didn't see it.

Thanks!
I think that this is the part that you're looking for -
C2C 40513

I know that is the part for an '04.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM

I now have the Jag ACM. No comparison to the FM Modulator I used to have. Perfect sound. Zero background noise.
I downloaded the Metcedes software and now can control the music from the radio head or the iPod.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 AM

Flyrr: Did you do the install yourself, or have the dealer do it?

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas
Flyrr: Did you do the install yourself, or have the dealer do it?
Did it myself. If you can use a screwdriver and follow easy instructions its very straight forward.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by flyrr100
Did it myself. If you can use a screwdriver and follow easy instructions its very straight forward.
Glad to hear. I plan on doing it myself as well. I've already had the console off and the head unit out, but ran into a bit of trouble (my own doing).

From whom did you purchase the ACM kit? If you don't mind my asking, how much was it?

I had a quote from the Milwaukee dealer of over $550, and no returns/refunds, which seemed out of line to me. So, I did a bit of research and thought that I determined that this is the same unit as the Dension Gateway 500. Which I still believe is true. I think the model that I have supports both the MOST and D2B protocols (the '04 XJ uses the D2B protocol). Anyway, the problem that I ran into is that the fibre optic cabling in the car has a connector that is wider than the one in the kit for the Gateway 500. So, I'm trying to find a way to put the fibre optic from the kit into a new connector that mates with the car, or (what I'll probably end up doing) purchase the upgrade kit for the cabling for the Jag ACM. When I finally get this figured out, I'll post my travails here for all to laugh at!

Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 PM

I actually bought mine second hand from a fellow I met on here. I guess his iPhone 5 doesn't work with the Jag ACM. I have an iPhone 4 and my ipod is an iTouch 3. So no problems here.

The big annoyance with the ACM is.. you control the playlists using the numbers on the radio head. The actual iPod/iPhone is locked out, just showing a fancy Jag symbol. But it can only go up to playlist #5. Then it goes into some strange random mode. So if your favorite Dire Straits album is playlist #7, your screwed! I did a little research and this is across the board. All ACMs do this.

So, go to this link and download the firmware, which I understand is actually for a Mercedes. But don't worry. Copy it onto a memory stick, turn the radio on, insert the stick into the USB and it takes a few minutes and the new firmware is loaded. This allows you do control the playlists from the iPod/iPhone, letting you choose any playlist. Once on a playlist you can still skip to the next song using either the FF button on the radio head or the rear buttons on the left side of the wheel.
http://www.dension.com/sites/default...gw5d2b2101.zip

I'm not sure what firmware is loaded on the Denison Gateway.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM

Flyrr100:

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I hear people saying that the ACM locks out the iPhone controls. Even if this were the case, wouldn't this only occur if your were using the USB interface? Doesn't the ACM have 1/8" auxiliary input jack too? Just like a headphone jack. The ACM owners manual shows two auxiliary input jacks here:

http://www.dension.com/jaguar/AM%209W93%2018C941AB.pdf (page 7)

Why can't you just hook up via the auxiliary input? This should have no effect whatsoever over the iPhone interface?

Am I missing something here? Thanks for the input.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Because only tje iPhone hook up charges the iPhone as you rock on.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM

Understood, thanks. But, if you were comfortable with your battery level, then you could opt to use the auxiliary input and enjoy full control of your iPhone... right?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Understood, thanks. But, if you were comfortable with your battery level, then you could opt to use the auxiliary input and enjoy full control of your iPhone... right?
Yes, you could use the Aux jack but you wouldn't be able to use the prev/next controls either.

If you're looking at getting the ACM, do it as soon as you find a good price. I got mine back in June for around $380 at Terry's Jag but they seem to be out of stock. A couple months ago, others were getting the kit for around $400 and now I hear a quote for over $500. Seems like the price keeps going up for some reason.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM

Wrong. Those are RCA jack plugs, not the headphone jack. Unless you have a headphone to RCA plug cable?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas
Wrong. Those are RCA jack plugs, not the headphone jack. Unless you have a headphone to RCA plug cable?
Interesting. The manual calls them Auxiliary inputs. If that's not true, I'll bet you can buy converter cable.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

You can get a cable at pretty much any electronics store that is a headphone jack on one end and RCA on the other. I happened to have one lying around and used it for non-Apple devices. It works fine.

One thing I've confirmed you can't do is plug an iDevice charging cable into the car's USB port. It won't connect to the stereo and will keep switching between charging and not charging.

You won't see a noticeable difference in sound quality between any of the inputs, but the main advantages of using the iPod connection are the abilities to use the steering wheel track controls and charge the device.

Quick Reply: Jaguar ACM questions