X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar ACM questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good info. So, the iPhone 5, with the Lightning Port, will not connect directly to the ACM's old-school 30-pin connector.

Look like we're gonna need to use this:

http://site.accessorygeeks.com/yswim...rt-adapter.jpg

Anyone currently using this adapter with the iPhone 5 and ACM?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM

I emailed Terry's Jag asking about the ACM and noting that the part number did not come up on there site search. Here is their response:

"That is the correct [part] number but they are not available right now. I believe
they have been discontinued."

Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by rclangelan
I emailed Terry's Jag asking about the ACM and noting that the part number did not come up on there site search. Here is their response:

"That is the correct [part] number but they are not available right now. I believe
About 4-5 months back my local Jag guy shop, quoted me just over $400 for one. I think it was located at the Tampa, FL Jag dealer. Might be worth giving them a call? I'd wager there are a bunch still sitting in parts departments all over the world. You just gotta source one.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Good info. So, the iPhone 5, with the Lightning Port, will not connect directly to the ACM's old-school 30-pin connector.

Look like we're gonna need to use this:

http://site.accessorygeeks.com/yswim...rt-adapter.jpg

Anyone currently using this adapter with the iPhone 5 and ACM?
I'm due for a Verizon 2 year upgrade on March 6, at that time I'm planning on upgrading from the iPhone 4 to the 5. I'll get that adapter and let you guys know how it goes.

I'm hoping everything will still work, prev/next controls at the very least. I don't see why it would stop working though as Apple designed those adapters to allow the newer devices to work with old docks.

We'll see how it goes. If anyone upgrades to the 5 before me, let us know how it works with the car!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by emaraszek
Are there any other devices besides the ACM that will work basically the same in the X-Type? I noticed on Rothe's page that the ACM will accept the Dension Gateway 500 firmware, so will a Dension Gateway 500 work in the car? If so, what part number should I look for?
I think that I can now definitively state that the Dension Gateway 500 (except for the Lite version - more on that below) does NOT work in the 350 version XJ (2003-2009?). Seems this model version uses the D2B protocol on the fiber optics. The newer version uses the MOST protocol, which I believe is compatible with the Gateway 500.

So, I now have a Gateway 500 (MOST) available for sale.

The Dension Gateway 500 Lite (part GWL1DB1) does use the D2B protocol. But does not display to the touchscreen nor does it have a bluetooth capability to connect the phone into the audio system, the 2 things I'm most looking to have.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM

^ PM sent...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got the same reply.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the ACM adapter available for the 2006 S-Type with the full navigation screen and blue tooth. The blue tooth works ok with my Droid3 but only supporting the phone functions. Pity I can't pass the audio through. Or communicate with the other data busses to read the. ODB data.. I'd be happy with getting the USB interface so I can play audio through the distinguished system and use the Nav screen audio menu to select the songs etc.. I don't want the FM solution since local stations interfere with it and disconnecting the antennae is not an acceptable solution.
Maybe Alpine has a solution?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Potential x-type buyer here

Do any variants of the x-type come with aux in or usb connections? I'm looking to get a 2009 SE model, which doesn't seem to come with aux\usb and i just wodering if any of the others do.

I've read all about acm's\parrot\pure highway options, and the acm does seem the best, but it seems quite difficult to find stock

Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by dave0102
Potential x-type buyer here

Do any variants of the x-type come with aux in or usb connections? I'm looking to get a 2009 SE model, which doesn't seem to come with aux\usb and i just wodering if any of the others do.

I've read all about acm's\parrot\pure highway options, and the acm does seem the best, but it seems quite difficult to find stock

Thanks,
Dave
As the ACM is a factory option, I'm sure that there are some cars that have it out there. Just look inside the arm rest opening and see if there is a small device with AUX connections, a USB wire and an iPod cable. If you're looking at online listings, just ask for a picture of the inside of the arm rest

Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the ACM is a factory option, I'm sure that there are some cars that have it out there. Just look inside the arm rest opening and see if there is a small device with AUX connections, a USB wire and an iPod cable. If you're looking at online listings, just ask for a picture of the inside of the arm rest

Thanks, I went to look at an x-type yesterday, and instantly fell in love with it. Unfortunately it doesn't have the ACM, so if anyone's bought one from the UK in the last couple of months please let me know where you got it from. I'm going to phone round local dealers on Monday, and I'll also be keeping an eye on ebay

Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 AM

As far as I understand Jag stopped making the ACM some years ago. Here's what I'd do. Start calling around the dealers. If you want a new one that's whete it'll be. The part number you want is C2C 40513.
If you find more than one post it here. I'm sure there are many more members looking.
I have one in my X and am 100% delighted with the sound quality vs the FM modulator I used to have.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM

Just to update, in case others have not seen my thread titled "Good news for iPhone 5 Owners," the iPhone 5 is fully compatible with the ACM if you purchase one of the 30-pin to lightning connectors. I am still able to charge it, use the track controls, and obviously play music.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello there! Bought the ACM module last friday from Belfast Jaguar,it took a month to
arrive,part number C2C40513.I asked if they could get more as after reading about the
module being hard to get on this site I thought others may be interested,they said no
problem at all.Anyway!,I carried out install today,hardest part was fitting three wires through armrest,the clip/cable plug is a bit awkward to say the least,not much room
if you have large hands.I had same problem as previous guy posting.I have no cd changer,just single cd head unit,so I am guessing I need the vehicle programming via WDS/IDS to enable cd changer functionality ....I just copied that sentence of
first page of fitting instruction manual...I have no idea what the wds/ids is but thats
my problem I think.I guess this will take 5 minutes to do with the Jaguar software.I
hope I do not have to pay them a whole hrs labour..Will let you know...Cheers!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM

Fitting the ACM was pretty easy. It's all plug and play.
Take your car to your Jag guy. He'll plug his computer into it and program the DCD button. 5 minute fix.
When it's all in you'll find the problem with the software. You have to use the radio control to control your iPod. And for some crazy reason all you will be able to play are the first 5 playlists. So, there is a fix. Get this software... Dension - Jaguar ...on a stick. with the radio on plug it into the USB and wait about five minutes. I understand it's a Mercedes fix, but it works great on the X Type. It allows you to control the music from the iPod/iPhone, but still able to switch tracks using the radio and wheel buttons.

Also, I fed the iPod cable under the console so I could use a nifty holder that attaches to the passenger seat's mounting screw to mount my iPhone.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar ACM questions-file-15.jpg  

Last edited by flyrr100; 04-01-2013 at 08:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by flyrr100:
Belfast Boy (04-02-2013), Xeno (04-11-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Nice job with that holder, flyrr it looks very professional.

My next ACM-related project is going to be a custom 30-pin to lightning adapter. The Apple adapter I bought has too thick of an end to work with the case I got for my phone. I want to splice a longer charging cable (which has a much thinner adapter for some reason) onto the end of the adapter. The result (if it works) will be a lighting adapter with a 2-3 foot cable instead of the 8-inch cable on the official adapter. Then I can hide the bulk of it in the arm rest.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

terrysjag.com says they have no ACMs, and don't expect to get any more in.

Any other source for them now? Also, anyone know the part# for an ACM for a 2004 XJ8?

Can you switch back to use the CD-changer after you've installed the ACM?

Originally Posted by flyrr100
Here's what I'd do. Start calling around the dealers. If you want a new one that's whete it'll be. The part number you want is C2C 40513.
Google search on that part# turns up a Jaguar "PARTS ALERT" from July 30 2009:

Audio Connectivity Module C2C 40513 - Not Compatible with XJ
Jaguar Vehicle Accessories would like to inform dealers that Audio Connectivity Module (ACM
[C2C 40513]) is not compatible with XJ models as was previously announced. This ACM is
only compatible with S-TYPE and X-TYPE models.

Has anyone got a working ACM in their XJ? What year XJ? This might be the part numbers for XJ, taken from a website that says
Audio Connectivity Module

Jaguar S, X, XJ

C2S 44674 Initial release
C2S 46365 Updated Software
C2P 13741 Revised Optical Cables

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 PM

To answer your questions:

1. You can get the ACM from JPLV (gaudinjaguarparts.com) at least it shows up when I do a part number search.

2. I was under the impression that the same part number applied to the XJ.

3. There is a physical switch on the ACM that you may activate in order to use the CD changer instead

4. That parts alert from 2009 leads me to believe that the compatibility issue is with the redesigned 2009+ XJs

See Rothe's webpage for all the information you'll need: Jaguar Audio Connectivity Module (ACM) Installation and Tips

Old 04-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

To answer your questions:

1. You can get the ACM from JPLV (gaudinjaguarparts.com) at least it shows up when I do a part number search.

2. I was under the impression that the same part number applied to the XJ.

3. There is a physical switch on the ACM that you may activate in order to use the CD changer instead

4. That parts alert from 2009 leads me to believe that the compatibility issue is with the redesigned 2009+ XJs

See Rothe's webpage for all the information you'll need: Jaguar Audio Connectivity Module (ACM) Installation and Tips
Correct on all counts. If one dealer can't/won't order an ACM for you, try another dealer. I can't explain their inability or unwillingness, but these parts are still available.

Also, I've had people contact me directly to tell me of their success in installing an ACM in their 2004-2009 XJ. Same part number. Go for it.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

One more point: if a given dealer says that they "don't have any more ACMs and don't expect to get any more in," make a point of stating that you're interested in ordering it, pre-paying for it, and that you have a current part number. Of course they don't have it in stock - it's an older part for older models - and it shouldn't be any surprise at all that a parts clerk isn't interested in ordering stock that he doesn't expect to move regularly.

Quick Reply: Jaguar ACM questions