X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar x type coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jaguar x type coolant leak

I have a coolant leak and I am pretty sure it's the pipe with the O-ring under the radiator. I am guessing the O ring. I have replaced the upper hose and T up top about 20,000 miles ago. Anyone have this issue and where ddi you get a new O ring?

Thanks, Chris

Old 11-20-2021, 07:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I had a coolant leak in my X-Type and it was the easiest thing to fix ever: The lid of the reservoir had a damaged seal. The effect was that the coolant is allowed to flow into the overflow, even thought that should happen only in case of emergency pressure release. Thus: New lid & fixed. It is something you would not expect... Cheers, Peter

The following users liked this post:
Jeff Wallman (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 04:18 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_from_Australia
Hi,

I had a coolant leak in my X-Type and it was the easiest thing to fix ever: The lid of the reservoir had a damaged seal. The effect was that the coolant is allowed to flow into the overflow, even thought that should happen only in case of emergency pressure release. Thus: New lid & fixed. It is something you would not expect... Cheers, Peter
Hi Peter,
I have replaced the overflow tank and it came with a new lid. It was leaking from the lid so I replaced it and a month or so later coolant starts leaking from under the passenger side of the car. I think it's the hose with the O-ring on the lower radiator hose. I need to pull of the under tray and have a look. I really don't want to drain the system to fix an O-ring but I may have no choice.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, it's raining here badly at the moment, thus I don't want to crawl underneath my X-Type and look at that part, but maybe you can find your part here:

https://www.britishparts.co.uk/class...g-heating-c454
There are 2 pages of X-Type parts for cooling. I bought heaps from those guys. The postage costs are gigantic, thus it would not pan out for just one part, but I always buy there parts for several hundred $, and that is cheaper as buying in AUS. Once you have the part number, of what you need, you might find it directly in the US.

And as for your "coolant-phobia"... That's no biggy: if you clean the area under the car where the release tab is and catch the coolant in a clean tub, you might be able to fill it in again (I used an cut-open plastic-milk-crate once and a funnel to scoop it in again). However, if your coolant is not the newest anymore anyway, this is a good time to change it.

Cheers, Peter