Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar X type interior aspirator/sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar X type interior aspirator/sensor replacement

Hi,

May I get some advice on how to remove the aspirator/sensor behind a small grille on a 2003 2.5 AWD Jaguar X type? Part number C2S13944. It is currently loud. I tried cleaning it through the hole behind the grille with no effect. I bought a replacement, but currently cannot change it because there is not enough space under the steering wheel, after removing the plastic and metal covers, to reach it. Any advice on how to reach it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Old 04-04-2023, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I managed to reach the sensor through the opening below the steering wheel, close to the pedals.

The issue appears to be not the sensor motor itself, as detaching it from the housing the buzzing sound disappears (even though the sensor is functional, running).

The housing itself does not provide a good insulation to absorb the vibrations. I replaced the housing by removing the two screws. The existent housing had some foam around which had a lot of wear. However, the new housing, which had a new foam, when placed, did not provide any difference to the buzzing sound.

One solution is to simply tape the motor somewhere inside the dash, letting it hand in the air a bit, which removes the buzzing sound. Not ideal, but works.