Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JIM COLEMAN LAWSUIT

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JIM COLEMAN LAWSUIT

What kind of deal did you get solid? Mine was an 02 I've had it a since september 2006 bought with 54k miles 3.0 sport auto and I paid like 13,200...

Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this would have been anyone except a Jag dealership I'd have told you tough luck - that's buying a used X-type for ya. A lot of used car dealers are not aware of the X problems and can simply be reselling a car from an auction purchase with no knowledge nor responsibility to help you when you buy a used car as is with no wty. HOWEVER a Jag dealer should know exactly what to check in pre-inspection before putting it on the lot and selling it. They have indeed tried to help you with your car, they have made efforts. They have not located the issue causing your problem, but they have made efforts without the cold shoulder.

You say you had to push litigation to get something done the last time. Well I don't doubt it. You were sold a used car as is and after several attempts to help you I am sure all you had to say to them was ##$^% ^%$%&(&&*^% #$ #$%#&% and at that point who would want to deal with you anymore?

It's just a bad situation for everyone. The dealer gets screwed because the car is a lemon, and so do you. In the end you purchased a used car and you own it. Also in the end they tried to fix it and have many wasted $$$ in efforts to no avail. I'd fault the car more than the dealer.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you one, I just never thought there could be that many problems comming from a certified used jaguar. But that just goes to say, it doesnt really mean anything when they try to sell you a certified used jag. Theredoesnt seem to bea difference btwcertified used car,and buying a used jag anda warranty

I really feel bad for whoever buys my last car, It should not be on the road

Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sometimes though you end up getting ugly duckling and there isn't too much you can do about it. At least they are taking care of you. Trust me jag isn't the only one that has or will have problems in the future. Every car manufacturer has/had/will have a problem and some just don't work out.

BTW look at it this way, how is jag supposed to test out your transmission if it doesn't do the shifting into 3rd when they have it? They replaced the computer and than the tranny and than the computer again so they tried. Honestly every car has problems whether the thing is certified or not they will have problems that you can't always detect whether your the consumer or the dealer. My mountaineer has a weird quirk in it, the cruise works and than wont and will and won't. The jag has a/c that works and than doesn't and if you take it in they can't fix it if the car is showing no problem, know what I'm saying?