X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR SDD questions: PAL2 ActiveX, data collection error, and MIL but no codes..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 03:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default JLR SDD questions: PAL2 ActiveX, data collection error, and MIL but no codes..

So I was running a session with JLR SDD today because I have a check engine light, but no codes show up in the iCarsoft scanner. But it also seems like I get no codes in JLR SDD either:

This, above, is the only code that I get, the one that says the car has to run "error free" for a certain amount of time before it clears itself.
The previous session that I ran a few days ago I got some D2B codes related to the voice activation, but I think it's because I added modules at the start of the session that weren't activated, and they didn't show up when I ran a new session. I assume D2B is just the fibre optic network, and just related to the radio, phone, voice activation, etc, so not really relevant to a MIL.
This was those errors anyway:

But I still have a check engine light.
I can clear it, but it comes back in a few days, still with no codes. Any idea how I can figure out what this code is? Or is it some kind of issue that doesn't have a code? Is that a thing?
Car is running fine.
The cluster diagnostics also gives me "DTC NONE TFB-00", which also suggests that the car doesn't think it has any problems.

The other questions are related to JLR SDD, and they're basically regarding these:
An ActiveX issue, although it might just be that I have to activate ActiveX in the browser options:

and I'm also getting Data Collection errors:

And I'm also wondering how exactly JLR SDD works in regards to error codes, as I'm still pretty new to it. When I start a session it gathers data and I end up with a screen like this, is this where all my error codes should show up with an exclamation beside each module that has an error?
Or do I have to go into the diagnostics, select symptoms, and then it gives only the codes relevant to the symptoms?

Old 07-26-2022, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 756 Likes on 673 Posts

Some basic getting started guidance =

https://blog.uobdii.com/jlr-sdd-156-...reports-guide/

here is an exhaustive forum thread discussing SDD =

https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/...nstall.108460/

The "mindbuddha" guy in the above forum thread has this link to his downloads =

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...WZu0WPnOcUqwEJ

EDIT I found a link to the SDD operating manual =

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...2B02_02_12.pdf

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 07-26-2022 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

With P1000 most codes are unable to flag (the OBD monitors unset means the car simply does not know what is good and what isn't).

Probably best to undo whatever work you did and see if that fixes things, and then decide what to do.

Old 07-27-2022, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Some basic getting started guidance =

https://blog.uobdii.com/jlr-sdd-156-...reports-guide/

here is an exhaustive forum thread discussing SDD =

https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/...nstall.108460/

The "mindbuddha" guy in the above forum thread has this link to his downloads =

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...WZu0WPnOcUqwEJ

EDIT I found a link to the SDD operating manual =

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...2B02_02_12.pdf
I'm not sure if you misunderstood me, or if I misunderstood you... I already have the software installed, and those links seem to be about how to install the program..

Or do you mean that it would work better in a virtual machine, as opposed to just a normal install in Windows? I suppose this makes sense if it's known good working version in the VM.
I might give that a shot. I'm using v162, but I see a lot of people talking about v130 so I might give that a shot in a VM.
I was looking for VM images when I got the cable first but couldn't find any, so I just went with a normal install on W10 and it seemed fine during my first session with it.
Hopefully the VM version will work better, thanks!

Old 07-27-2022, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8
With P1000 most codes are unable to flag (the OBD monitors unset means the car simply does not know what is good and what isn't).

Probably best to undo whatever work you did and see if that fixes things, and then decide what to do.
Oh, really? I'm kind of torn between thinking this is silly concept, and it also making sense!
I've had the engine light since I got the car, it just pops up after a few days or weeks, but the P1000 is always there. I always just assumed P1000 was just there until I ran a certain amount of time without an error.
But thanks, I'll look into this a bit further..

Old 07-27-2022, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Here is what P1000 means, in simple terms...

Trouble code P1000 DTC is a manufacturer specific trouble code, most commonly used by Ford, Jaguar, and Mazda. It simply means that the engine control computer (ECC) or (ECU) has not completed its emission systems testing. A vehicle's engine computer must complete multiple self-tests known as Readiness Monitors. P1000 means readiness monitor testing has not been completed. P1000 does not indicate a reason why monitor testing has not completed.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey

Here is what P1000 means, in simple terms...

Trouble code P1000 DTC is a manufacturer specific trouble code, most commonly used by Ford, Jaguar, and Mazda. It simply means that the engine control computer (ECC) or (ECU) has not completed its emission systems testing. A vehicle's engine computer must complete multiple self-tests known as Readiness Monitors. P1000 means readiness monitor testing has not been completed. P1000 does not indicate a reason why monitor testing has not completed.
Yea, I came to a similar conclusion myself after reading up on it, and apparently you're supposed to get a P1111 when it does complete. Still not sure how to get rid of it when it doesn't go away though, especially if it's blocking other errors from showing you what the problem is!
I suppose disconnecting the battery might be an option..

Old 07-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

Originally Posted by gijoe50000
Yea, I came to a similar conclusion myself after reading up on it, and apparently you're supposed to get a P1111 when it does complete. Still not sure how to get rid of it when it doesn't go away though, especially if it's blocking other errors from showing you what the problem is!
It's not the P1000 that blocks errors. It's the unset monitor(s) which cause not only the P1000 but also block many errors from flagging.

It's worth looking at which monitors haven't set - a rough hint as to where the fault may be.

Originally Posted by gijoe50000
I suppose disconnecting the battery might be an option..
Causes P1000 of course,as it clears all the OBD monitors. (Doesn't clear fault codes.)

Old 07-28-2022, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8
It's worth looking at which monitors haven't set - a rough hint as to where the fault may be.
Thanks, but how exactly would I go about doing this?
I've never even heard of the term "monitors" until now, so I have no idea where to look to see if they're set, or not.. Is there an option on JLR SSD to see which are set, and which aren't?
I just got up and running with v130 in a VM there a while ago, and it seems to be working fine..

Old 07-28-2022, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

So using my ELM327 and torque pro app, you can look at this screen to see if one (or more) monitors are not completed which will cause a P1000 not ready code.