X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

John

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default John

My 2007 X-Type Jag has Bluetooth fitted and has been working ok until now.
We moved from Queensland to Western Australia nearly a year ago and have not used the Bluetooth since.I now find there is no Bluetooth available,it just says "No Phone".Any suggestions how to restore Bluetooth?Our mobile still registers as being paired but nothing happens in the car.Anyone have similar problem?Owners handbook is pretty useless.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi John,

Greetings to you and your sunnier climes!
I don't have bluetooth on mine but have used it on many other vehicles.

Have you tried switching off the phone or car when trying to connect whilst being connected and then unconnected.
I have the feeling that you have "lost" the bluetooth with lack of use or there is a gremlin somewhere.

I think this glitch is purely sorted by a resetting of the function or possibly dealer related, but I am sure if you persevere you will get through without paying dealer rates?

All the bluetooth items I have used are prone to ... well doing things of their own accord now and then as if by magic and I hope you understand?

realistically you're phone is not being recognised so have a go swiching on and off as I said and I am sure it will come back on "as if by magic!!!"

I am positive that one of the more clued up technical minded will chirp in and assist you but again, I am sure it is just a glitch and by "refreshing and roaming/searching" it will be sorted, hang in there!! And good Luck!!
Regards, Stu

Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member

Hi again, John, just a quick one as an after thought!

When you are trying to connect the bluetooth, something may be blocking or intruding on your invisible connection.

It may help to ensure you are not in possession of other phone or computer type products in the immediate area, or perhaps you are too close to some item or unit that perhaps has a strong magnetic or electrical energy source which may allow the bluetooth to conflict? Perhaps in your garage or nearby?

I hope that sorts the issue and again GOOD LUCK!! Stu

Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Default John

Thanks for your replies Stuart,I have visited your lovely city of Perth and enjoyed our short stay there.
Thanks for your suggestions,will give it a go but I fear they will not work.
Regards John

Old 10-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Veteran Member

High John,
Many thanks for the Perth compliments! Cheers!

I will have to get my jacket on one of these days to venture your way, more sunshine!!!

What phone do you have as I am aware of blackberry, apple and android issues?

But I still reckon its a gliche that is recoverable wothout spending a fortune!

Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 AM

Hi Stuart,

Yes,we can offer you more sunshine down here but also more flies!

The phone we have always used is an LG,about two years old,nothing fancy.

Haven't tried switching off yet ,we rarely use the Bluetooth but it's just bugging me that it's stopped working,can't get anything such as "SIG **"
as the handbook says,just "No Phone"

Cheers John

Old 10-26-2013, 06:15 AM
GGG
Received 16,845 Likes on 12,184 Posts

+1 to Stu's suggestion of another local source interfering.

Your X-Type will have the same factory BT installed equipment as my XK8 as it was generic across the model ranges.

The No Phone message indicates the BT system cannot find your paired phone. Whether you use it or not, it should connect each time you get in the car with your phone switched on.

As it isn't connecting with your paired phone, starting from the Discover me code ##3#*# and re-pairing should get them matched again.

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
j.g.sibson (10-26-2013), Stuart Beattie (10-31-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 PM

Thanks Graham for your comments.What is "Discover Me"?? How do I enter the code you mention,the screen is blank other than the time? I can only get "No Phone" when the radio is on and I press the Phone button,nothing when it's off and if I enter the code when radio is on,it just changes the station.By the way,I've switched the Bluetooth off on the mobile as Stuart suggested,nothing changes in the car.This is getting a little frustrating. Cheers John

Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for assisting Graham,

John, I am quite busy at the moment but exactly what is the model of your phone because from what I have read, I am sure the

problem is what I have already suggested.

Persevere and I'm sure you will get there?

I also have a feeling your phone settings have changed or S O M E T H I N G is blocking the signal?

If you can send the exact model details, we will get nearer the issue and I will have time (I hope) at the weekend to find what you

need?

Website like ehow and askya are very good at giving out free info but it takes a while as every other "jack and bloody jill" website link

comes up!!!

Hang in there, Stu

Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 PM
GGG
Received 16,845 Likes on 12,184 Posts

John,

Do you have the Jaguar Bluetooth In-Car Telephone handbook?

John-bluetooth.jpg

if not, you don't have enough posts yet to download it from the forum but you can download it directly from my MediaFire account by following this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rahou6..._31_99_552.pdf

It covers the full Bluetooth setup procedure for all models.

Graham

Old 11-02-2013, 06:06 AM

Hi Stuart,

The phone model is LG GU290f. This phone has been working ok in Queensland but only recently noticed I've lost Bluetooth in the car as we have had no calls in W.A. so far.
I really believe the car Bluetooth is no longer working,it is totally dead on the Audio Panel Controls,whatever button I press,nothing comes up,only the clock.When I turn the radio on and I press the phone button,"No Phone" appears.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the info.Graham,the setup procedure is useful but everything I try is not successful,the Bluetooth in the car seems to be dead.The Audio Panel Controls fail to work no matter what button I press,just the clock is working,even the radio cuts out every few seconds, if I have it on but settles down after a while,seems I will have to forget about the Bluetooth.Thanks for your help anyway.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member

Hmm, I sympathise again John!

I am at a loss to what to say and I am sorry I cannot help.
As well as interference, I think there is another issue as well but the right techie can help!

I spent a month out your way in Perth at Darwins Observation Point and after a few beers with my Kiwi mate and some locals I decided to go swimming at around 2 in the morning.

I happily repeated this skinny dipping for the next few days until a friendly local
said there are sharks feeding in the early morning so I stopped!

The following night I decided to just ankle dip with my trousers rolled up and almost had a heart attack when I fell into shoulder deep water in a trench and something brushed me, I'll never know what is was!!!

I then decided to just enjoy my social life and enjoyed my break until Xmas 2005.
Sadly the day I flew back to the UK some poor French guy was taken by a Great White on the same beach!!

Perth is beautiful and I'd love to go back one day, I hope you get sorted and I'll keep an eye out if I can find something!!

Good Luck and regards, Stuart

Old 11-03-2013, 05:07 AM

Thanks Stuart,I guess I will have to live without Bluetooth.

Interesting story about your close encounter in Perth,I can't picture where you mean,Darwins Observation Point is a new one on me and I have lived in Perth for nearly 30 years.
If you fancy a chinwag about other things other than Jaguar's,my address is j.g.sibson@bigpond.com

Cheers John

Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Rendezvous City, the hotel near the main beach!! Between Scarborough and Hilarys Point. Beautiful!!

Hang in there anyway John, I've emailed you!!

Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 11-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.