X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed HID's in my fog lights - SWEEET!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Just installed HID's in my fog lights - SWEEET!

ORIGINAL: jasonzimbran

yes doesnt have to be walmart, anywhere at far as local stores.
Your talking about the "city" lights that is the led in the high beam assembly? I like the bright look.

Gotti15 for the rear tail lights, you got the bulbs from vleds.com did the bulbs mate up properly?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  7.4 KB

I'm leaning more n more to the HID set up that quite a few of you have gone for,my uprated bulbs still do the trick at the moment though.
Only problem is between that, the mesh grilles ( upper n lower ) service and mot will be due in 3-4 months as well as the £300 I just shelled out for the warranty.........I dont know if its time for a change.
Been looking at "sporty" diesels like thew BMW 530d / 730d and Audi A6 / A8 Tdi's. There's some really excellent 4-5 year old examples out there all singin all dancin with reasonable mileage that'll offer much better economy as well as performance that will at least match the X.

Still toying with it at the minute though.......so we'll see

Jim

Old 12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah jim you should get the hids for sure! They are inexpensive and as far as I can tell a decent set as well. I wish we had some diesels like you guys have out that way! Good to see you back at least for a little while!

Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the Vleds.com LED bulbs worked fine. No resistors needed.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

They are fixing that with many of the leds now...i'd imagine though that because they have many leds in there and probably resistors as well...

Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 29

ORIGINAL: aquill1
Yeah jim you should get the hids for sure! They are inexpensive and as far as I can tell a decent set as well. I wish we had some diesels like you guys have out that way! Good to see you back at least for a little while!
Cheers Quill...........I'll try to be around more often, things have just been manic with one thing or another recently and the forum's been the last thing on my mind.
You're right, If I'm gonna keep here HID's are the way to go for sure.
With you're young family n space requirements Aquill you should look at a 3.0 diesel sumthin or other, whatever takes your fancy. Your runnin costs will plummet as your mpg soars while still having some amazing performance that you can tune up / chip very easily for very little cost if you want to.
Ever considered importing sumthin?

Jim

Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah if you keep her i'd get hids they are a world of difference...hey no problem on us being last, family first for sure! Well currently if I end up getting like a weekend job we may keep the jag as a back up or car we use when we don't use the 7 passenger suv...we've got another one coming so that mountaineer will be needed for sure!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey im new here...i just bought a xtype n had no problem installing the hids on my headlights but when i went to install the hids on my fogs thats where the dilemma began...for you guys that installed hids in the fogs did you have to splice the wire in order for the h1 hid kit to work?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 33

ORIGINAL: aquill1
Yeah if you keep her i'd get hids they are a world of difference...hey no problem on us being last, family first for sure! Well currently if I end up getting like a weekend job we may keep the jag as a back up or car we use when we don't use the 7 passenger suv...we've got another one coming so that mountaineer will be needed for sure!
Another one on the way??? Have you guys got tv over there, radio, sumthin??....lol
Nice one mate.........That'll be your family complete do you think or you goin for your own football team?
The business goin well mate?

Any help out there for the newbie and1carter with the fog lights HID's guys???

Jim

Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

I can't remember what they've done for the hids in the fogs...no not complete yet...perhaps a couple more or a few well see! The seating of the suv is nice if you take other people other than ourselves and kids...plus gives you the flexibility...

According to the pic on page 5 I'd say (as long as gotti's lights are the white not the blue) I'd go with the hyper white or whatever it should go really good. Mine are off a little bit and those are the xenon lights in the picture below that. His lights are 8k so the 6k should match up even better...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 AM

Yo aquil and who have ordered from mydepts, did they ship their item from China. When they sent it how long did it take.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: gotti15

Yes, the Vleds.com LED bulbs worked fine. No resistors needed.

Great thanks. Did you also get your leds for your city lights from there? Was it an easy swap? Just curious but do you happen to remember what the bulb numbers were for the rear and city lights? Sorry for all the questions you just have me intrigued. Thanks again.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member

Hey jason did you read and look at the pics I posted on one of the subjects? I outlined when they shipped it how long and when mydepots gave them the package...oh well here they are again...

If you noticed on the package its from ems in china and than us postal gets it. They gave the package to ems on the 8th and I contacted mydepot up until the 19th and they were like its in the mail its in the mail...finally they arrived on the 23rd. They gave you a tracking number and as long as it works your good to go. Mine never worked and mydepot was like we gave them the package and for a solid 2 weeks I was like it still doesn't work it still doesn't work and yet again it still doesn't work. Well when I escalated my anger to a claim on paypal they got back to me and said the tracking number now works. They were like there's nothing we can do we gave it to them good day....I was like well it still ain't here nearly 3 weeks later when they told me 5-6 days. It was shipped in 5 days but for whatever reason ems must have lost it because the package was handed to them on the 8th and its on that bottom picture...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Oh I see, yeah I got tracking number and it works. Also they shipped it monday so it should be here tomorrow or Monday right?

Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peewee,

The "city" parking lights and license plate lightsare 194. You will need to make sure you buy the Super white (HID) bulbs to get that look. 194's could be used for the front, mid and rear side markers as well.

The reverse lights are 1156 bulbs.

The stop & tail lights are 1157 bulbs.

Front turn signals lights are 3157 or3057

and the rear turn signals arePY21W. I don't have leds on these yet but have them on order.

Hope this helps! It really finishes off the look.

Let me know if you need any help!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:57 PM

sorry gotti and what is the link to the site where you purchased all the lights. Also about how much did it cost you for what you did to your lights except for the HID low beam.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:01 PM

sorry goti lol for asking about the link read forgot you posted it earlier this forum.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Goti is this it for the reverse tailight and for the license plate light. http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/prod...products_id=48

Old 12-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Also is this all legal?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

yes its legal...your not changing anything just putting better and brighter lights...whats to be illegal? If you were putting all clear lights on the car and not putting the correct colors in the corresponding spot you wouldn't be legal but everything is the same...same color and all...

Quick Reply: Just installed HID's in my fog lights - SWEEET!