X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kitten's got claws.... or will have eventually.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 12:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kitten's got claws.... or will have eventually.

Engine bay... she needs new hood shocks.

My custom made wheel adapters... fiancé was positive they were a different bolt pattern, so just to ease his mind and to be sure, we put a third set of holes in them. They worked lol.

Yes, those are ford probe wheels lol.

Getting her all propped up so he could put his wheels back on his car.

Hey guys and dolls!

Just got my girl home last night after 3 weeks of pure hell and torture in trying to get her home lol. Ended up having to make some adapters and robbing the wheels off my fiancé's car in order to tow her home, because apparently 5x108 is absolutely made from unobtainium here in my area, and if they can be doing, people want am arm, a leg and first born for them.

She's rough but she's mine, and I'll be doing all the work myself unless it's something i just absolutely can not do. First is to find a set of wheels, then brakes, and then work on the body a little and straighten the front fenders and bumper out. Then to find out why she won't run.

I plan on doing a bit at least every weekend if not of the evenings after work, especially once the time changes and there's daylight after i get home from work lol. (Stupid us and daylight savings time :/ lol)

Anyway here's some night time before pics, more to come when i get home and there's still a bit of daylight left lol.

Old 02-08-2023, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,920 Likes on 764 Posts

I think some of the Volvo S40's share the same bolt pattern and are close with a suitable offset.
Have a search of the threads, as I know there has been some conversations back and forth on tires and rims even within the last couple of years.

You look to have our hands full there, good luck with bringing it back to life.
If you haven't picked yourself up an OBD11 scanner yet, it might pay to get one as there will probably be some history stored you'll need to know to move forward on her.

Old 02-09-2023, 12:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by h2o2steam
I think some of the Volvo S40's share the same bolt pattern and are close with a suitable offset.
Have a search of the threads, as I know there has been some conversations back and forth on tires and rims even within the last couple of years.

You look to have our hands full there, good luck with bringing it back to life.
If you haven't picked yourself up an OBD11 scanner yet, it might pay to get one as there will probably be some history stored you'll need to know to move forward on her.
Thanks! Yeah several volvo and ford focus and other models have the same bolt pattern and similar offset... but I think I'm just going to order a set. Ifound a set of shift wheels that i really like and i think would look phenomenal on her. I'm planning on bringing her fully back to life, on as little money as possible, just to show that it can be done. Parts for the x types are cheap as dirt thankfully lol. I do have a scan tool that i bought last year for another car, hooked her up and found out everything dude told me was complete bs. Lol she's in limp mode not because of the cats being gone, but because she needs cam, crank, and throttle position sensors lol. I went through her last night because when we picked her up, she had zero power to anything except the dome lights and the tail lights... quick cheap fix with a $6 usd box of fuses because someone robbed most of them out of her. She now has power as she should, except the headlights.... but One of them is completely busted, which I already have a replacement for just gotta get a decently dry day to put it in because i haven't got a garage yet. Lol

The following users liked this post:
h2o2steam (02-09-2023)
Old 04-29-2023, 10:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I posted in wrong thread!!

Last edited by Shagman82; 04-29-2023 at 10:58 AM.