X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Latest mod

I installed some Weathertech shades on the front windows, for now, took about 10 minutes to do. I had these on a couple of cars over the years. I like them because you can keep the window cracked open when it rains. In the winter it also helps with the setting sun, as they are at eye position so the glare of the setting sun this time of year, if your driving North is not as bad. One problem and I ran into this with my Benz is the auto up windows. In the instructions they tell you to close the window with the switch and make sure it is completely closed let it sit for 12 hours and the auto feature should be OK. I mounted these around 4PM yesterday and tried them around 1PM today the driver side auto up and down works fine but not the passenger side. What I did find on the passenger side was the window was not completely up, so I made sure it was shut tight and going to let it stay closed for another 12 hours. Here are a couple of pics. If these work out I'll order the back pieces. The fronts have no tape holding them on they fit between the window rubber and the door. The backs fit the same way I read but have tape facing the door, why? who knows.
PS Included a pic of my dog, Bugsey.

Attached Thumbnails Latest mod-spoiler-installed-002.jpg   Latest mod-spoiler-installed-003.jpg   Latest mod-spoiler-installed-001.jpg  
Old 11-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look good...I usually put them on all my cars...I smoke unfortunately and these are good in the rain...was thinking about getting the big one for the sunroof but Im not sure if I like it enough yet.....Is Bugsey a Staffordshire Terrier....good looking dog!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

looks good. ive had them on a few of my vehicles. can we see a side pic of whole car with it on?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

You have so many more accessory parts than anyone here. Good job.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Smile latest mod

Originally Posted by gragner66
looks good. ive had them on a few of my vehicles. can we see a side pic of whole car with it on?
Sure can and here it is. On the other cars I had these on I only bought the front, as I seldom have rear seat passengers, and it looked fine, however with the X I think I need to order the rear shades for continuity. What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails Latest mod-spoiler-installed.jpg  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Smile lastest mod

Thank you I really didn't think I had that many, compared to what I had on my Mercedes. I am also thinking about chrome surrounds for the taillights, I see them now and then on EBay. But I haven't seem them lately.

I get the chrome from a seller in the UK. The exchange rate plus post, makes them about the same as you would pay in the colonies. There shipping is very fast I got the headlight surrounds got here in 5 days from the UK, not bad.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Those shades look a lot better than the ones that 3M to the door above the window. Let us know if the have any slippage from the channel as the days go. I got a set of the in-channel for my wife's Jeep and they didn't stay for long.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Chrome taili lights look brilliant , hey you can also consider of installing chrome mirror covers , I have almost done everything on my ride in regards to chrome and looks a day vs night difference ,sincerely

Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

looks good. i always had both on my cars. i might have to get some for my car thnx for the pics

Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Smile Shades

Originally Posted by mohrd
Those shades look a lot better than the ones that 3M to the door above the window. Let us know if the have any slippage from the channel as the days go. I got a set of the in-channel for my wife's Jeep and they didn't stay for long.
I would be very surprised if they slip. I have had them on a couple of cars and never had a slippage problem, but then this is X type Jaguar.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Smile Chrome

Originally Posted by RegentV12
Chrome taili lights look brilliant , hey you can also consider of installing chrome mirror covers , I have almost done everything on my ride in regards to chrome and looks a day vs night difference ,sincerely
If I can find the chrome for the taillights I will probably do this. I had chrome covers on the rearviews of the Mercedes and to tell you the truth I was never crazy about them, a bit too much chrome.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Smile Bugsey

Originally Posted by nycxtype
They look good...I usually put them on all my cars...I smoke unfortunately and these are good in the rain...was thinking about getting the big one for the sunroof but Im not sure if I like it enough yet.....Is Bugsey a Staffordshire Terrier....good looking dog!
Yes he is an American Staffordshire Terrier. I showed dogs for about 10 years back in the 70's and early 80's I finished two AKC breed Champions and 3 obedience champions. My show dogs were Keeshonden, I also owned a Newfie who live to be 13 years old, boy I miss him, and Sherpi and a two rescue dogs a 1/2 German Sheppard, she is gone now and Bugsey, My son and I rescued him from the pound 2 1/2 years ago, he was about 6 months old. He by far is one of the best dogs I have owned and at one time I had 6 dogs, when I was showing.