Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LedGlow Any Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LedGlow Any Experience?

Hi to All,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience hooking up LedGlow products in a X-type. I've been searching the threads but I haven't been able to find anything. My car is a 2004 3.0 and after the experience I had just changing from the factory headlights I'm a little gun shy.

I had purchased these lights before the headlight experience. I was going to hook them up as their demo shows with a piggy back cable into the interior fuse box. I wanted to know if anyone knew which fuse location I should be using. I don't want them to be connected to any of the interior switches. I planned on controlling them with the unit it comes with, and hooking the ground cable up to the negative on the door light so they come on with it.

The unit I purchased was from company LEDGlow 4pc interior kit. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Blue 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit

Thanks,

Wes

Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

Blue interior lights...? Won't work, all the backlighting is green. It'll look like a mess.

Green ambient lights would look pretty tacky too, I'd imagine very dim ones akin to these would be good:
http://shop.arden.de/jaguar/x-type-1...leuchtung.html

Well, you asked for "any feedback" I've no electrical modification experience whatsoever, so let's see if someone else chimes in.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Default Ouch!

Wow! Thanks

just asking about the electrical side though. Appreciate it, my teenage daughter's car she wanted it.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

tl

Hey Wes, I can't honestly say I've seen many threads on this type of install here......that's not to say they're
not here, but I certainly haven't seen them

Just a personal opinion, but I don't think they really go with this kind of car, maybe thats why?

To each their own though and I hope you get the info you need.

Good luck

Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuse

Originally Posted by X-tyre
Hi to All,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience hooking up LedGlow products in a X-type. I've been searching the threads but I haven't been able to find anything. My car is a 2004 3.0 and after the experience I had just changing from the factory headlights I'm a little gun shy.

I had purchased these lights before the headlight experience. I was going to hook them up as their demo shows with a piggy back cable into the interior fuse box. I wanted to know if anyone knew which fuse location I should be using. I don't want them to be connected to any of the interior switches. I planned on controlling them with the unit it comes with, and hooking the ground cable up to the negative on the door light so they come on with it.

The unit I purchased was from company LEDGlow 4pc interior kit. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Blue 4pc LEDGlow LED Interior Lights Lighting Kit

Thanks,

Wes
It depends a lot from the options you have on the car. I have GPS tracking device on my car and I took the power from premium audio system amplifier fuse (which was empty because I have standard audio system). Main reason was that it seemed to be the only free fuse that has power on all the time, even ignition off.

Just check the fuse diagram and compare it to your car options. You can use pretty much any fuse slot you wan´t to. Keep in mind that empty fuse slots are probably not wired at all in your car.

If you´re going to use the switch that your light kit has, then it´s probably enough if you have power in it when the ignition is on. Probably a better solution anyway. This way you won´t forget interior lights on when leaving the car.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM

Thanks Repkim & Jim,

Sorry I haven't logged on in a few days, lots going on. I appreciate the advise. Someone hit my wife's lexus and took off, engine maintenance light still on in the X-type and several doctors appointments. Oh yeah I forgot main drainage pipe under house blew a hole, and then had to be snaked after it was fixed! Sorry, I find myself winning, I'm done. My daughter likes her music, so there is an aftermarket stereo, amp, and sub. I was going to try the cigarette lighter fuse w/an add a circuit, or piggy back cable. Whatever you decide to call them.

Thanks again Guys,

Wes