X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked Glove Box

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Locked Glove Box

I have a 2002 X Type 3.0. I needed to replace my glove box door due to the original breaking. I went to try the key to make sure it worked and original key didn't work. I tried a new uncut key and it turned to the right locking it. Now I can't get it unlocked to take it off. I've tried the original still doesn't work. The new uncut key still turns to the right but the door is still locked. I tried another key to a different car and it turns to the right but doesn't unlock the door. Also, my fob stopped working out of the blue and can't reprogram it. Yes, I changed the battery no help. The new fob I got that worked for a couple of weeks stopped working and won't reprogram. The alarm works when I use the key to lock or unlock the car.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 730 Likes on 652 Posts

Any Jag X tibbe key will lock the door or glove box of any other Jag X. BUT, WILL NOT unlock them. The tibbe key MUST be cut to the correct (original) key code to work.

Sometimes the ignition key has been used so many times, it's worn and causes the glove box dilemma. If you have a second original key, try that. Otherwise, idk.

Future advice given me by my grandfather = always try keys with the unit, door etc. Open in case of a problem. In the case of a glove box, if it fails you can disassemble the lock to reverse the problem.

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 10-07-2019 at 11:42 PM.