Views: 30
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  6.0 KB

First of all £30 is $51 and the ferret is a pensioner or retiree as quennmb says and that is a lot of money to just hand out in any case.
If every time someone ripped you off for £30 and you said hey, lets chalk it up to experience....you'd soon have a damn big queue of people wanting their share!
Go for it ferret....stand your ground and let them know they're not gonna take the mick outta you mate.....good luck

Jim

Old 10-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Looks like Ive Been Had

ya, i agree, but he's about 4 weeks behind....

Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimC64
First of all £30 is $51
[] oh, well, that changes EVERYTHING!!!! [] 'cuz that's MUCh different than the $40 I was guessing at.

and the ferret is a pensioner or retiree as quennmb says and that is a lot of money to just hand out in any case.

I'm just saying that if $50 gets ya that worked-up.... then that's your deal-e-o.
but 'I' think that if he went in and handled it in a civilized manner, and got no satisfaction, then going in and making a total *** out of himself is not likely to change the situation, other than now there's TWO asses involved.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 28

Jeeez........nobodys sayin make an *** outta himself McJag.............but fight for whats rightfully his
Obviously if you get ripped of for $50 here or there you just laugh it off and I didn't realise there was a time limit involved that says you can't go back and fight your corner.
Personally, I'm more disappointed with the sarcasm towards a new member and an old age pensioner at that[&:]
Anyway............good luck Ferret whatever you decide to do

Jim

Old 10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

Gun. Big gun. and some of this [sm=alcoholic.gif]=[sm=violent053.gif]

Hey just remembered! Damn it. Drove through one of them fast food joints...wtf was it called....oh yeah, Arbys, any way I order the meal, comes with a sandwhich, fried and a pepsi, they didn't have any JD to mix in with my pepsi, so i was a bit pissed and ordered some cheese sticks as well. I was hungry ok....well, as i'm waiting for them to bring the food to the window, i started to read the sign in bold red letters, IF YOU DO NOT GET A RECEIPT, PLEASE CALL 1-800-XXXXXX...so i'm like..WTF, i paid and didn't get a receipt, but hell i don't care.....i'm good..i got a small order, no fraking way they will mess this up.....lady comes with the bag, says with a smile "have a good day"....blah...blah....I'm like yeah whatever see-ya...get some and guess what the fork....they forgot my cheese sticks!!! And now i don't have the freaking receipt either...those mother forking commies!

[sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 10-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Jeeez........nobodys sayin make an *** outta himself McJag.............but fight for whats rightfully his
Actually, I'd refer you back to posts #6, 7 & 8, where that is EXACTLY what is being suggested. (In my opinion, of course)

Obviously if you get ripped of for $50 here or there you just laugh it off....

Nah. I try to get what's mine. Always. [8D]
But there comes a point where one must weigh the value of his dignity against the likelihood of changing the situation.As both presidential candidates said in the last debate (here in the US) about using military force: "we must first evaluate our ability to positively effect the outcome before committing troops". To paraphrase: "If all we're gonna do is go get a black eye, or make things worse,then it's better to not go."[sm=patriot.gif]

What's your dignity worth?I'm all for the 'principle' of the thing..... but is this the right hill to be charging up?

Personally, I'm more disappointed with the sarcasm towards a new member and an old age pensioner at that[&:]

Now, maybe there's a different meaning there than what y'all have told me. If a Pensioner is the equivalent of a Retiree here in the US, then I'm a little dissapointed that Ferrett even brought it up, and that we keep using it as a reason for him to be treated differently. Aren't we ALL deserving of what is ours? Why should someone who has reached a stage in life where they get to relax and enjoy the 'fruits of their labors' be MORE deserving? Is it because they are somehow LESS capable of looking out for themselves? I would think that Ferrett should take issue with that.... as he seems perfectly capable. Deserving of my respect? Certainly. Isn't everyone?
But maybe over there the word Pensioner means they're also disabled? I don't know. Or maybe there'san implication about service to society? I don't know. clue me in if I've missed it.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 AM

and by the way: I'm still willing to pitch-in some $$ towards Ferret's loss.... but not to RacerX's Pub-Fund!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 31

Nice you wanna chip in McJag, but I don't think he's lookin for anyone else to pay other than the dealership who ripped him off in the first place!
Just lookin for a bit of sympathy and maybe a little advice from todays younger generation....not the slap in the face and more fool you comments[&:]

As for racers beer fund......don't let him kid you, he's got plenty....enough to buy you n me twice over

Jim

Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Hey come on....didn't you read my post...i got ripped off some cheese sticks....come on fella's help me out here will ya...

Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 25
Views: 26
Views: 24

ORIGINAL: racerx82

Hey come on....didn't you read my post...i got ripped off some cheese sticks....come on fella's help me out here will ya...

sorry buddy....no can do, I'm a bit cheesed off at the minute

Jim

Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: McJaguar

Now, maybe there's a different meaning there than what y'all have told me. If a Pensioner is the equivalent of a Retiree here in the US, then I'm a little disappointed that Ferrett even brought it up, and that we keep using it as a reason for him to be treated differently. Aren't we ALL deserving of what is ours? Why should someone who has reached a stage in life where they get to relax and enjoy the 'fruits of their labors' be MORE deserving? Is it because they are somehow LESS capable of looking out for themselves? I would think that Ferrett should take issue with that.... as he seems perfectly capable. Deserving of my respect? Certainly. Isn't everyone?
But maybe over there the word Pensioner means they're also disabled? I don't know. Or maybe there'san implication about service to society? I don't know. clue me in if I've missed it.
Ok, forget the pensioner/retiree part. Thats not the point. It was just an additional fact about him, and I dont think ferret brought it up to get any additional sympathy based merely on that fact. NOONE, no matter what their age or circumstancedeserves to be cheated and lied to by any type of retailer. Customer service should be paramount with any business. They are supposed to deal with their customers with integrity, respect and honesty. To not provide a service or supply a product that they claim to is lying, cheating, even stealing. A customer has paid them for something they didnt deliver. If it had been the other way around, and they supplied a customer with something and the customerfailed to pay for it, they would have his/her ars for theft of services/theft/non payment. The *********** will get their money. Its only fair that any consumer get what they pay for. Period. You state that you would get yours, well dont disparage someone else for expecting the same. Something that may be important to you may not be to me, or someone else. But Im not going to be rude and tell you that youre making too much of it. Thats your thing and its not my place to tell you how to feel.

I think ferret only wanted what was fair, what he paid for. And I for one agree with him. In his capable wisdom, I think ferret has moved on from this trivial argument and left us all to hash this out, and Im going to do the same. I hear my Momma in my ear nowtelling me as she always does hold your tongue and if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all.[sm=teetertooter.gif] Ive said my piece, Im done.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I'm skeptical of anyone that sells anything that makes profit, you can't trust anyone anymore! Money sucks losing no matter the amount. If you want to feel any better the dealership I purchased a vehicle at forged both of our signatures (wife and I) on warranty paperwork. My grief started with the fact that the salesman couldn't supply me with the one I signed and tried giving me a warranty paper that stated my warranty had a $100 deductible. The one I signed was $50, naturally they tried to pull a switch-a-roo on me. I wasn't having it and requested the one I signed. It took about a week or 2 before I got to see the one they forged. Eventually I got the $50 deductible warranty and half of the warranty cost ($1200) in the form of check made out to me for "Customer Concern."

Lesson: READ your paperwork carefully and never trust any of them no matter how honest they are-very rare-by the way!

The problem you have is you didn't get it taken care of when you noticed it. I recently took the said vehicle in to get warranty work done and the dealership put 88 miles on my vehicle for repairs that didn't require a test drive period let alone donut napkins, toothpicks and an empty tank. I called that day and still got screwed out of the $30 I put into the tank a mile before I got to the dealer.

Lesson: Gripe and if nothing happens take your business elsewhere and complain to everyone about the dealership you are having a problem with. Just make sure the point your getting across is that they are shady and they shouldn't do business.

MAN I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!![:@]

Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM

wow. again.

Some of y'all are getting pretty worked-up about this! My wife thinks I'm doing this on purpose....
she does know me best. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

can't we all just get along? [sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Gonna put an end to this and finish by sayin ......good luck ferret with whatever you decide to do on this. If nothing esle, a valuable lesson learned.[sm=closed.gif]

All the best

Jim

Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see how it is, I return make a post and instantly it's locked up! LOL

Fortunately for me I'm a moderator! LOL