Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror wireing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror wireing

Hi
my ns power folding mirror on 08 premium sport does not fold or adjust ,I can lay my hands on a replacement but it has 9 wires and the original has only 5 and are different colours can anyone help please

Old 07-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,928 Likes on 3,224 Posts

man0154, because you only have 5 wires going to the mirror, that tells me that you have only powered mirrors and no heater for the glass (hence why the other one has more wires).

If only 1 of your mirrors is power folding (the other is staying out), then this is telling me that you have a wiring issue or the motor inside the mirror is bad. If this is the case, then I would be looking at the plug that should be up in the upper corner of the door, near the mirror. This will involve pulling off the door panel, but that is where I would start first.

If both mirrors are not folding, then you need to look at the fuse powering the folding module. That would be fuse F46 in the passenger compartment fuse box. If this restores the power fold function, but not the ability to aim the mirror, then you will also need to check/replace fuse F9 (granted, if this fuse was blown, both mirrors should not be able to be repositioned since they share a common fuse).