X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modified Xtypes only

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

wow i really luv what you did with you grill & the jaguar letters on the trunk is awesome, & of cours the transfer case drain valve upgrade is genius.

& yeah alfadude am still going for the gullwing doors but i am kinda broke this time
i work as a sales consultant for jaguar & land rover & the last 4 months was really bad its really hard to sale a more than 3to4 car every month so the Commissions is not that good & i had 2 change the a\c compressor on my baby jag , so you till me!!!?
it's frustrating

Last edited by MeeMo; 08-23-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MeeMo, Where are you from? I see you have Arabic numbers on the front license plate!

Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by JagXType620
MeeMo, Where are you from? I see you have Arabic numbers on the front license plate!
yeah, i am from saudi arabia (riyadh)

Old 08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's cool, I'm Palestinian, that's why I was asking! I also could tell by the sand storm going on lol.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JagXType620
That's cool, I'm Palestinian, that's why I was asking! I also could tell by the sand storm going on lol.
loool busted <<<<

yes that sand storm was something else they talked about it in the news , any ways nice knowing ya!!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

My x type

tinted side markers ( except for back)
k and N filter upgrade
Working on something for the engine covers ( thermo u got me interested lol)

Just had wndow tint put on today, limo all int he rear and 20% up front,
trying to hide it from the cops

TO COME......
nice sounding mufflers
r badge
debadging of the hideous, and embarrasing 2.5l badge
maybe a speaker upgrade, or a dash upgrade, i don't want subs though, all the civics have ruined that, and don't want to rattle

hid 8000k kit, still trying to find one i like

RIMS, thats next year though

stuffing happenining in the next liitle while, the mud flaps i ordered, not from jaguar, but identical, and 190 bucks cheaper

getting rid of the cancerous rust

maybe a repainting of the hood, before winter or after, depending on cost

AND A EFFING RADAR DETECTOR and light changer.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
My x type

tinted side markers ( except for back)
k and N filter upgrade
Working on something for the engine covers ( thermo u got me interested lol)

Just had wndow tint put on today, limo all int he rear and 20% up front,
trying to hide it from the cops

TO COME......
nice sounding mufflers
r badge
debadging of the hideous, and embarrasing 2.5l badge
maybe a speaker upgrade, or a dash upgrade, i don't want subs though, all the civics have ruined that, and don't want to rattle

hid 8000k kit, still trying to find one i like

RIMS, thats next year though

stuffing happenining in the next liitle while, the mud flaps i ordered, not from jaguar, but identical, and 190 bucks cheaper

getting rid of the cancerous rust

maybe a repainting of the hood, before winter or after, depending on cost

AND A EFFING RADAR DETECTOR and light changer.
hay disco What's up , if you post some photos of you jag i'll be thankful

Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

the pics are up, but there in another thread titled window tint and other mods, unfornatyl i can't put on this thread for some reason, it just won'te let me, ill keep working on it

Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that TC valve is one of the most ingenius mods I've seen on a car period

Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,887 Likes on 3,194 Posts

Queens, the only "problem" with the TC mod is that you need to file off the flats of the adapter some. A simple file is all that you really need. If you have a dremel tool or some sort of bench grinder, all the better. I used the flats on the drain valve to get the adapter fully installed. Should I ever need to remove the adapter, there is more than enough to get a set of say channel locks up there to get it loosened and get it backed out. If you need any more info on this, let me know. $10 and you can have yourself one of those too.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

its really smart, simple, and something jag should have done. But couldn't we also put a filler valve, cap in, by driling a hole in too, im just thinking aloud, let me know whats wrong with it guys lol, and im not dumb enough to do that lol

Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Disco, the transfer case does have a fill hole on it. Unfortunately, it is on the top of the TC up against the block. So, the only way to access it is to separate the TC from the block.

As for adding a new fill hole, you are talking about a case that is weak enough as it is and is subject to excessive flexing. Now you want to remove material and put more force on the other areas of the case? Not to mention, ok, the case can handle another hole in it, how do you drill out a hole and not get metal shavings inside the case? The only possible way that I could see is doing some major flushing of fluid through the transfer case (on the scale of gallons). At $80 a gallon, sounds like an expensive proposition to me.

Now, if you had the transfer case off anyways, then you would be good. But, at that point, it would be ideal to also do a weld build up to help strengthen the case and give you more than a few threads to hold the filler cap in place.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

hmm thats ineresting, but could you not desing a tube device, or a mechanism to access the filler hole, and bring around tot he top of the engine, my only fer in that would be if the tube somehow deteriotes or opukll out, u hav a open hole. But i was told there wasn't one so yeahj lol, just curious. And you could beef it up, but that would be costly, if u had to pull it out.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Disco, yes, in theory you can install some sort of adapter to access the fill hole. The problem is that you have very limit distances there and from my research, the distance between the TC and engine is not enough to allow a fitting to be put in there. Not to mention odds are, you would have to pull the TC to get the fitting in to the hole in the first place. So, the valve in the bottom is the "easiest/best" option we have. If we could access the fill hole, I am sure someone would have figured it out by now. Even Jag admits that the fill hole can't be accessed and is only their for the production of the vehicle. But, if you believe in the "filled for life" thought process, then putting the fill hole where the did would make sense. But, anyone with a lick of common sense knows better.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, so, the sealed for life, why did they do it, and excatly what did they think we were supposed to do when the oil is thicker then canadain ( 0 syrup

Old 08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Veteran member

Disco, I can tell you why they did it in 2 statements. The more overriding one is marketing. Would you want a vehicle that has "no maintenance" or one that requires a lot of maintenance. By making more things "sealed for life", people read that as "I don't have to maintain it". So, by using that thought process, the car is cheaper to own.

The other (while I can't confirm this) is to give the dealerships a bit of business. If the transfer case fails, most people figure they have to take the car to the dealership to get this sort of thing fixed. The dealership has no choice other than to buy a whole new unit and drop it in. Easy job and gives them a few hours of labor. Not to mention that most of the transfer cases are going to fail most likely at the 80K+ mile range, most people would blame it on how they drive and will therefore just "suck it up". Only those that have taken the time to learn their cars (like us), tend to know better.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally this thread was about modifications?

Here's my list:
Jag XP/Mina Gallery upper and lower mesh grill
Jaguar "3.0 Sport" bonnet badge (replaced leaper)
K&N Air filter
Clear side repeaters
"R" wing and boot badge
"R" shift knob
Wild Bill's T/C drain & fill valve
Tint 5%/20%
Enkei J10 wheels (silver and polished)
Painted rear valance
Custom painted tail lights with rear fog delete

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...8&d=1247182842

Up next is exhaust. I'm still leaning towards the new Mina Gallery with the figure 8 tips.

Last edited by mohrd; 08-31-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Spelling, why else?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

yeah i understand, to bad car companys don't think like toyota, now lets get back to the modifications ( i feel like i high jacked the thread) lol

Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 AM

WaaaaaaHooooooooooooooo
finaly back 2 modifications

Disco stu55
( i feel like i high jacked the thread) lol
no problem dude.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

So has anybody hear done enhine modifications, besides the airbox

Quick Reply: modified Xtypes only