X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more dealer woes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default more dealer woes...

so the first time i went to my local dealer was about 2 months ago for an oil change. took them almost 2 hours to get it done, while i was waiting. not a good first impression.

then i decided i wanted the new ACM so i made an appointment for that, and to have the whining noise checked out. dropped off the car on a tuesday at 9am. day goes by, no calls. wednesday goes by, no calls. thursday i called them, and was told they were waiting for parts for the whining fix, but everything else was done, and the car would be ready friday afternoon.

go to the dealer today (saturday) to get my car, and the service bill is for 1 hour of labor only. what? am i getting the ACM for free? i sign the bill, take the keys and walk out to my car. guess what -- NO ACM installed. /sigh funny part is, on the bill, it clearly states the $99 plus tax PLUS 10% 'shop fees' (what a complete ripoff - they charge 10% of the total labor cost ON TOP OF all other charges on every service they perform to, and i quote, "offset shop expenses" - isn't that why you already charge me $99 per hour for service?) that the charge is for labor on installing the ACM, which they never did.

so i take the loaner again and they tell me it will be done on monday. an hour later, i get a call saying the ACM is being installed right now, and they will deliver my jag to me today. service rep does deliver my car with the ACM installed, but it does not work. and the bill they bring with them is for $368, not $252, the price i was quoted.

this really pisses me off. now they have to have my car for a 3rd time in one week to complete a job that should have been done right the first time, AND i have to wait for a refund to my credit card because they charged me too much for the ACM. the part that really makes me mad is that i now have to go to a dealer almost an hour away for any future service because there is no way in hell i am letting the inept techs at my local dealer ever touch my car again.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: more dealer woes...

Yeah that sounds a bit harsh. You got boned and they didn't even take you to dinner! :-)
________
WENDIE 99

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 06:59 AM.