Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

thats a good looking hoodliner you got there

Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

[QUOTE=tbirddmnd;183331]Matt - thanks, I got your e-mail and the procedure should be with you now!

Hi Jim - thanks for your kind words and the welcome, I'm glad to be here. Although I don't own a Jaguar (yet), my father did. He had a 2003 X-Type 3.0 in steel blue with a light beige interior, pretty much fully loaded. I was very impressed with the power of that engine and how it really "pulled" off the line. It was every bit the acceleration that my 1997 Thunderbird 4.6 Limited Edition V8 is, and my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with the factory Cobra engine. Maybe a bit more than my TBird! Power, class, luxury, elegance are some of the adjectives I describe that car! A buddy of mine has a 2005 X-Type 3.0 in the maroon color that's on my blogspot page, his was the very first X-Type I made a liner for and he's VERY happy with it.

How abut one to dress up the inside of the trunk? Ever do anything like that?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Location: Westland, Michigan but I'm from central New Jersey!
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Alfa - yes I have done trunk lid liners. I don't have templates for those, what can be done in this case is to let me know the size dimensions needed, width x height, and I can then send a section of my aircraft firewall material. You'd then need to trim-to-fit using an X-Acto knife - quite easy to do. A leaping cat decal would look great back there too! I don't recommend using it to line the entire trunk interior such as the floors and "walls", but my liner can be used in door panels, and even under molded carpeting. It's 1/4 inch thick.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Apologies Gonzo, I haven't had a chance to do that template yet. I haven't forgotten you.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Not a problem sir, take your time and I'm here for you when you're ready!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Gonz,
Good to see you here...just wanted to drop a line letting you know all the compliments I get with your liner on my x - type.

Just like you said it would...it is holding up perfect to the heat under the hood...what a look over the factory junk.

Guys...this is the way to go. Our cars do not offer much pazazz as far as under the hood goes... and it's not that hard to add this liner...a great spring project...

For those who did not see follow this link for a few pics.

>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/25038437@N06/page4/

Mike M.
2004 X - Type
Chrome headlight & tail light trim
Gonzos hood liner upgrade
Pioneer Avic F90FT custom install

Latest upgrades...pics coming soon.

Matched color lip spoiler
MXT subs & amp....what the ***@...wife...turn that thing off...your 50 years old....hehehe
18" Verde Kaos wheels/Hankook v4's

Old 03-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Hi Mike! Thanks for your words and I'm glad you like my liner! Show it off to whomever you can and let them know I offer a solution for the underhood, no matter what vehicle they have!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In case anyone is interested they will replace a saggy liner under warranty. The one on my 05 sagged ever so slightly and showed a small melted spot. I requested a new one and cited a fire hazard. The dealer nevered argued with me. I found this out from our buddy JagTech.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, first thing I'd do is fire your cat. I see a litter box right next to the car.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM

A replacement from the dealer is a possible solution but it would be temporary. The replacement is made of the same inferior pressed fiberglass material that all car companies use and with time you'll be right back to square one. What I'm coming across from other owners is that eventually the car companies discontinue the production of these original liners. That's when they find me, because I won't discontinue making my liners from the superior aircraft firewall material.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:55 PM

If you check eBay I've got a bit of a sale going! Don't forget to check my feedback to read what other Jaguar owners have written.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes, varmints chewing things. I stored my 85 XJ 12 one winter to awake one spring with a rats nest on the distibutor. The nesting supplies?
My hoodliner of course.

The '87 was right next to it untouched
JustV12

Old 05-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gonzo , When you get the XK8 liner im in ! Looks great and mine was Squirreld ! ( dont judge the spelling its not even a word lol)

Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Hi Gordo - thanks, still waiting for a template for those! For the X-Types I am still running a sale on the 'Bay, down to $85 for both liner and decal with FREE shipping.

You sure it wasn't mice? They love the original stuff and so far haven't touched my liners!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 AM

I can now offer 2005 to 2008 Jaguar S-Type aircraft firewall material hoodliners with the leaping cat decal.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 AM

Let me now add the 2003 to 2007 Jaguar XJ-6, XJ-8 and Vanden Plas to my line-up, and let's not forget the XJS from 1977 to 1991.

The XJ-8 Vanden Plas owner came by this past week and on his 2004 the liner was incredibly dusty, dirty and almost in pieces, rubbing the engine. The rest of the car is immaculate. Now that he has my liner on the engine bay is gorgeous now, especially with the leaping cat decal. I should have photos soon.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:14 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fixit4u2
Put the X to bed for the winter. Once a week I check and start her up. Well to my surprise when I lift up the hood the other day...oh my god...big clumps of the liner insulation the size of a basketball laying on the intake...and out pops a mouse...stands up and looks at me...I can not believe it...this little pest just destroyed my underhood liner...now what?

Well after some research and a call to Gonzo Duque he had a new liner on its way....maybe it was best that the varmit chewed up my old liner...Gonzo's product was a perfect fit & definatly added attention to a normaly dull area under the hood.

P.S. that little guy is in mouse heaven now...

First time trying to post with images...hope they come out..

Comments ???
I saw that and am working on a template for getting one made for my TVR. You still like it right.

Also, you may want to rethink your winter storage technique. From everyone I've talked to modern cars you do not want to start up at all (unless you let it run 20+ minutes and drive it during that time as letting it idle from a cold to warm up isn't good either). You would need 20 minutes at least to burn off all the condensation in the exhaust otherwise you'll leave that to rust it from the inside out, the oil will pick up contaminates that won't burn off quickly either. The gas additives today can be very hard on the system as well when run then left to sit for longer periods without a proper running and of course just general wear and tear.

Best recommendation would be drive to the gas station and fill up, add a stable to the gas, drive home or a couple of miles to circulate it through the engine and lines, change your oil, then park it for the winter with a battery tender on it. In the spring, start it up and warm it up then change your oil again. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:19 PM

eBay sale is still on-going, I added the 1992 to 1996 Jaguar XJS to the line-up as well. Some images of the 2004 XJ-8 Vanden Plas follow here.

Attached Thumbnails Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-1.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-2.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-3.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-4.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-5.jpg  

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Default More images

Continuation of the 2004 XJ-8 Vanden Plas.

Attached Thumbnails Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-6.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-7.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-8.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-9.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-10.jpg  

Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Default More images

One last one of the XJ-8 Vanden Plas, and here are some of the 1977-1991 XJS.

Attached Thumbnails Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-11.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-1.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-5.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-6.jpg   Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement-10.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mouse chewed up my underhood liner - my replacement