Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first 2 weeks with my X-type

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: My first 2 weeks with my X-type

No it was just over 50k when I bought her! I would have bought the extended through jag. I called them at the time to see if they could check and see if it already had the warranty but it didn't and I asked him hypothetically if I didn't have 50k how much would it be for the extended and he said it'd be around 1500 back than but not that it matters because I couldn't get it!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

house grove man, repping the Chicago jag owners.

man which jag dealer you go to? i can't stand the people at Howard Orloff so I go to Imperial motors now

Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

93xj6
Hello fellow chicago native. Go Bulls!!!i Hear you about Howard Orloff they treat you like crap there unless you own a 2007 rover or something.Sometimes you cant even getan appointment toget your car looked at for weeks. I think i am going to try the dealer in Willmette. It sucks cause Orloff is 5 minutes in traffic from where i stay, and willmete is a trek and a half. I know if drove on a saturday it would take me an hour.
I am trying to find a god Jag mechanic that i could go to instead of the dealer.
Isnt it nice owning a Jaguar in the city of wind? Jaguars are not that popular here so we stand out!!! do you stay in the city or the burbs?

Hey bigdreams,
I have a quick question? would you know where i can get waranty info for my car? I bought it without a warranty (i know dumb idea, but it was so beautiful), i have 48,000 miles and its 2002 so i am hoping at least somethings cover for at least a few more months?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey house, to start off, **** the bulls, but we won't get into that sore subject right now! I'm from Miami so you know how it goes! Who did you buy the car from? Most dealers offer extended warranties, but some you have to ask. Not having it isn't that bad, unless you get a pure dud of a car! How many miles does your car have now? I don't think that warranties are offered for cars over 5 years old either, but I'll have to double check that!

Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

It depends on when the car was first purchased and actually titled. You'd have to either talk to the dealer or you might get some luck calling jaguar direct. Thats what I did last fall but I've heard its changed and you have to call someone else. I'll talk to my father-in law he just bought warranties for both of his car I'll see how much they want! When I called 1800 jag they said it would have cost me about 1500 bucks for the warranty but that did me no good cuz I was just over 50k!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

I can't tell you anything about warranty's, mine 93 don't have one. but my dad has the xk8 with an extended warranty.

it's really good because he goes to the dealership in wilmette, imperial motors, all the time, and they handle everything no problem.
They are good people out there and if you get a warranty or can afford them (i think it's over 100- bucks an hour service) then it's good, but yea that's our mechanic so I don't know any good non dealer mechanics.

I live in Chicago in west ridge/rogers park, so it's only liek 20 minutes from willmete. but I go to school at Lincoln Park hish school right by Howard Orloff and the few times I have gone in there they have just really pissed me off. They wouldn't let me make a copy of a key because the bill of sale was in my dad's name not mine, when at imperial it was no problem. Plus for a high schooler getting to talk to anyone who works there is almost impossible, they think i'm just oggling the 08s I guess

Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Most places tend to have that effect on me, if they have an attitude I just leave I don't see a reason to give them any money at all! Especially when you feel like you probably are smarter than those guys anyways!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 PM

Aquill, I hate that attitude too, i would go to another place butt anywhere there is a Jag dealer is usually an hour or more drive from where i stay. the traffice here just keeps getting worse. so i end up at the jagoff jag dealer by my house.

93xj6, you stay in rogers park? they need to take the word "park" out because where ever i go there i end up parking 7 blocks away from where i am going. Seriously its insane to find parking there i do hope you have a space or a garage cause i cant imagine what you go through to find a parking spot for your xj?

biggie, sorry to hear and watch what happend to your heat, i really didnt want them to get sweeped i was hopeing for a 6 game series that went down to the last second each time. I know wade was hurting bad, but i think shaq could done more to pick up the slack, and riley need to take williams out causehewas getting creamed on defense. He let gordon and kirk pass the ball without any pressure??????

Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Problem with shaq is that he's lazy now. He's had kobe and wade now to take slack off of him and when he is needed takes a little longer for him to wake up!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM

the problem with shaq is people have learned how to defend him but he is too lazy to change his game. great players are great not because the are unstoppable its because when defenders learn to stop them they find and work hard to become unstopable again. as much as it pains me to say, thats why kobe is hard to guard. kobe works at not settling for his best, given it angers me watching him play one on one the whole game and then be an average defender.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member

I totally agree with that statement 100%. I loved watching kobe and shaq...everybody hates kobe now but its hard I think...seems to me when kobe needed his teammates the most they were nowhere to be found some kobe but the situation is nothing like with kobe and shaq. Kobe has a off night who picks it up??? Half the time kwame and odom have some excuse or another-don't get me wrong I love the lakers but its hard to watch them lose! When shaq was in la the lakers had two people to guard and when if they were not playing so well you had fisher, horry and company to help out. Shaq is just not as effective as he once was-he is also getting old and hack-a-shaq could be aging him a little! With the pistons I love the fact that we don' t have one player! We have billups handling the ball all game long without turning the ball over giving the ball to any of the other 4 players and wait and see what happens. If Rip has a off night we have billups, sheed, c-web, palace prince, and mcdyess ready to pick up the slack. If we have billups with a rough night we have.................get the drift? DEETRROIIITTT BBAAAASSKKKETTBALLL!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

I'll disagree with you on the average defender. I hate Kobe, but I give respect where respect is due. Kobe, like Jordan, goes up defensively against the other teams best player each and every night! I saw a statistic where it showed the opposing teams scoring avg. with Kobe in and Kobe out and the difference was nearly 15 points. Also, the player he guards(whoever it is) averages less PPG against Kobe. That my friend, is good defense and 1st team all defense nearly every year.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

I don't think its better defense its just presence! I don't agree with it because alot of the time he is lazy. Usually Kobe doesn't defend the better players...i.e. kobe will outscore bruce bowen but bowen isn't an offensive player ( I don't like him at all so I'm not defending him by any means-cheating low ball scoundrel) so he's not going to score. So if kobe does match up against him yeah he's going to score more but I really think when it comes to the defensive side of the court if kobe worked 1/2 as hard on defense as he does on offense ben wallace, bruce bowen, duncan and the whole bunch would never NEVER compare to kobe on defense! Kobe would lead the league on offense and defense. By the way just so you know Kobe is my favorite player along with Chauncey! But my list would be MJ as the best and my favorite ever!

Old 05-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

MJ tops the list for me too! After MJ, I loved the way Isaiah Thomas used to play!

Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Really Isiah was good and all I just really don't like him as a person or anything. He seems like he's an a-hole. You ever hear about the story about him and mj??? Met joe dumars this year at the boys basketball finals (high school ball) and he's pretty cool. I loved the way he played! Fun watching him play with all of the new guys that detroit brought in right before he retired...too young to remember alot of it though!

Anyone on here remember Jerome Williams aka Junkyard Dog??? He's one of my favorites as well!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Detriot and bulls series is going 5 games only! bulls are on a roll and detroit, given i love the way they play, will lose. If i dont see rip doing anything against kirk and sefolosha. I do see billips spanking the crud out of gordan, i foresee Rasheed and nocioni getting into a scuffle. its going to be fun to watch and i love watching old man billips pick apart defenses. I still am going with the bulls just for thier defense and they are in chicago.

My favorite players of my generation are MJ and John Stockton. MJ is in a class of his own and there is nothing else need to be said about him just simply the best. John stockton and karl malone perfected the pick and roll and i have not seen anyone do it half as good. Stockton was a dirty player and i loved watching him do the little things and not get a foul called. My game is based on his. Steve nash has the same amazing passing abilities butt lacks the defense that stockon has, butt nash is insane with his speeeeeed and scoring of balance.

When i get a camera i will take a picture on my Jag infront of MJ's gate that has the number 23.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member

Go for it! I can't wait for that series to start! At least well have homecourt! I want the pistons to win naturally because I'm from Michigan but I really really want to win because of Ben Wallace! I agree with you on the whole John Stockton thing, he had to work twice as hard just to make it in the nba. He had true basketball fundamentals and was a wizard. I love players that have to work hard to make their mark, thats why I love Lindsey Hunter from the pistons as well. Not as all time but he puts in his minutes defending anybody and when we need a shot from he he usually provides. I love Jerome Williams because of how hard he worked as a player. He'd sacrifice his body the second he walked past the check in desk. To me he was a lot like Rodman just not quite that good but he had a better image, lifestyle and he was a good guy.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member

House I live west riogers park right by the evanston/skokie boarder, so there's parking everywhere. but we have a driveway and a garage so it's no problem. problem is findin parking in Lincoln Park.

Bulls are going to whoop detroit so bad it won't even be fun to watch...o wait it will be very fun actually.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

You guys are talking crap about the series, but I can tell that you'll have biased opinions! If ya'll really look at the series, the Bulls match up really well against the pistons, but not a five games series guys: be real! It'll definitely go 6 or 7 games and I'll take detroit in 7!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

I don't start singin til the fat lady has sung but anybody watch the game last night or did you turn the tv off??? I also don't start tootin my horn. Tell me that Detroit is the underdog and I'll feel a little better especially as we play better when we aren't expected to do much! I just hope we f-up wallace. None offensive whiny piece of ----! Traitor, scoundrel the list could go on forever!

Quick Reply: My first 2 weeks with my X-type