X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My X-Type. Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My X-Type. Pictures

That's a sweet x now, but it should be everbetter with the fresh paint! You making a minor color change or staying with the OEM green?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

aquill, I think painting is not as easy as it looks lol

Old 01-27-2008, 09:02 AM

I will staying with the OEM green. I ask about a colour change and the painter persuaded me it isnĀ“t wortwhile. It would be more expensive, more work, more difficult to complete the colour transformation and the final look could be worst than withe the OEM green and the green will be always under the new colour... anyway I think the green es a beautiful colour and it fits great with the interior look.

I will go just tomorrow for it. I hope I can stay there and take some pictures of the painting process and I will show that here

EDIT: I add a doubt to all people: now I will paint the car,would you take off the front plate stand and hold the plate directly to the bumper or would you stay withe the plate stand? I donĀ“t like it so much but all X-Type I see conserve it.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

If you're required to display a front plate, I would say keep the stand. It's more of a finished look. If anything, remove the stand, scuff it, and shoot it with a nice satin black as the plastic those are made of tend to lighten and fade over time. I fresh coat of black would made it look brand new, complimenting the soon-to-be new paint.
However, if you're not required to display a front plate, I say loose it all together for a clean look.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 AM

The front plate is indispensable here, sure. So, you think it would be better to paint and repair the stand and put it there again? I donĀ“t like it because itĀ“s protrude. I think if I hold the plate directly to the bumper the look would be smooth and it would improve the lower grille vision angle.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 AM

It does protrude a bit, but I'm just not a fan of number plates directly screwed the the bumper.. especially being on the front. I think it looks like it was done quickly, and the thought of metal number plate to freshly painted bumper doesn't seem like a good combination to me.
If you wanted to try to camoflauge it a bit, you could always toy with the idea of painting the stand to match the body color.. it may help it seem less obtrusive.
I just think the stand offers more of a finished look, and shows that considerable care was put into mounting the plate (not to mention keeping it off of the paintwork).

Again, just my thoughts!

Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 AM

Firstly, thank you for your help offering your opinion and options. I had also thought about that and I think painting the stand withe the oem green could be a great intermediate solution. I will conserve the finished look but being moreintegrate mmmmmmm I donĀ“t know yet what would I do finally but maybe it would be the better way. Well, IĀ“ll decide tomorrow when IĀ“m there with the painter

Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Sounds good. Either way you go, be sure to post some pics. The color you're going with (and, well, have now) is one of my favorites on the Xs.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:56 PM

I agree, the OEM green is a great color, and as you said matches the interior perfectly. Kudos for staying with it. Definitely near the top of my color choice list for an X although 310's color is right up there too. In case I haven't mentioned it before 310, that's a gorgeous X!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Haha.. thanks man. I have to admit, I've dreamt about a white X with black interior.. Something about that kind of contrast really interests me.
However, my last car was white, so I don't know what color the next one will be.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mesh grills look very good.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM

Here some pics from this morning:

On Wesneday it should be painted and I could receive it back on Friday after take on all the pieces. About the plate stand, after all my doubts...it will continue on the bumper and on black colour I have spoken it with the painter and he consider itĀ“s better to re-paint on black spray to improve the look, ifitĀ“s painted on green there is the risk ofbreak the paint continously as he saysthepaint wouldnĀ“t fit correctly on this plastic piece so I trust him and his experience and I will keep it on black colour.

And, on the other hand, what do you think about this18" wheel?

Ronal R-38 CLICK HERE

Regards!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:45 PM

Nice! wish I could repaint mine, Those 18's would look nice. Great car!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM

Man, it'll be done before you know it!
I like the wheels, and like the all silver painted finish the best.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Well, here are pics from today. IĀ“m so happy as they are been really faster than what they told me and the car is already completely painted!! The look is really fantastic, awesome: dark green with some blue reflex. I donĀ“t remember have seen never this look even years ago when it was newer. Now they need to finish with the front and rear bumpers that was in worse state but I will receive it sure on Thursday or Friday.The pics are from a phone so it isnĀ“t so good, I hope IĀ“ll do better pics when I receive the car.

And I think I will buy the wheels I have shown here. I will call the dealer and I wait for he give me a good price (he is my fatherĀ“s friend).

Old 01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  6.4 KB

Lookin good racaz..........lovin it mate
While the bumpers off it'd be a good time to clean up your back boxes. I notice how clean n shiny your tailpipes are but the back boxes let them down, similar to what mine was like before I painted them hammerite silver

Before
Name:  rustybackbox.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  84.0 KB

After

Name:  paintedbackbox.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  60.0 KB

Lookin forward to the pics taken with good quality camera when finished mate

Jim

Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM

Yes, I will upload good pictures when the car is finished and clean :-)

I havenĀ“t thought that about back boxes, yes, itĀ“s a good idea to paint itbut in the next weeks IĀ“m going to install the Borla exhausts(I hope that). What do you think about Borla exhausts? Would it be a good upgrade?

Regards!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:51 PM

I think it defintly is a good upgrade!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking good!..Let us know how the Borla sounds..I've always thought about putting them on..

Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Finally I have the car!!! Here pics with the final look. The car is really pretty now, better than new jejejej The colour now is awesome, dark green with blue reflex depending the vision angle and itĀ“s like an authentic mirror; IĀ“m very happy

The only problem is I have received the car just when was getting dark with low light and the pics donĀ“t do justice to the real look and colour bright. ItĀ“s a pity as the car was perfectly washing and it looks great. IĀ“ll take more pics tomorrow with more sunlight.

And the next: 18" wheels + Borla exhausts I have also to clean the interior with the leather dye and finally IĀ“ll have to see what about the audio system as IĀ“m a car audio fan and IĀ“ll have to do some really good upgrade for it.

Quick Reply: My X-Type. Pictures