X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mofoing Michigan roads suck!

They look totally different on the car and at different angles...the pics don't do them justice...I like hte 5 spoke look which these kind of have 5 double spoke. I want true 5 spoke but not if I have to pay my deductible and pay for the other 2 rims that is bs! Don't know though I've never had to claim anything on insurance before...[]

Anyways I'm sure you guys will know what's going on...For $700 bucks though I can't complain! I gotta use whatever money is left to pay for gas to get down to texas...plus pay for rest on the moving truck! lol! Pockets are feeling kind of light, I also just made out a certified check for 4,800 to pay off our ford escape so pockets are feeling REALLY light!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

$700 for two rims or four? how much is insurance going to kick in...just trying to get a feel for your 'rim' budget.

Gas won't be too bad coming down, after all...it's all downhill. lol

Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know what the rim budget is yet. No probs asking I don't mind! I'll give all you guys the financial breakdown of what is going to happen. The guy from the collision shop called me today and said that the rear passenger rim is bent and tire is leaking air so he's going to put that on the claim as well (sweet!) So I'll have to buy the last rim. We shall see. I stopped up there to talk to the guy but he had just walked out for the night. His boss said that they are looking for a 10 spoke replacement from this place in Detroit but I was like how the freak does this guy think he's going to find some konig rims from a few years ago? Seriously though its pretty funny they think they are going to be able to find another set of these rims! I hate the rims though! $700 is on what I'd have to spend on the 4 rims and tires I posted earlier. They aren't anything special but they are a million times better than what I've currently got!

Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Stupid MI roads. I know way too many people who have bent wheels thanks to good ol' MDOT's persistence in doing shaddy repair jobs. Pretty much why I'll never by aftermarket wheels or rather upgrade the size in this region.

Do you have coverage on aftermarket items on the car. I was under the impression that most insurance policies don't cover aftermarket wheels.

Good luck man. At least you'll never go through this crap on a daily basis down in TX.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah I hope so! No i don't have an aftermarket policy or rider as they call it. I'm not sure it matters as the stock rims are actually more than these aftermarket rims! I'm still waiting to hear back from the collision shop...

Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member

Well no coverage or separate rider for the rims but they covered them. I'd imagine if I had like 26's they wouldn't have been too happy but since they were just 17's they were find with it!

Anyways guys here are the new rims...some may remember I was looking at these like last August/September and I'm quite excited to see them mounted, they are really nice! I'm so excited! Especially since I only had to spend $650 on the set of 4 so $200 bucks out of pocket once the whole claim is said and done. The total claim is....

BTW I'm rounding the change...
$1906

$1200 for rims and tires is what they gave me...

$200 bucks for betterment (prorate the tire tread wear, I had to pay like $70 bucks/tire)
$500 deductible.

$650 for rims.

They only paid for 3 rims/tires and I had to pay for 4th.

In the end I'm getting a check for $1200 and I have to pay the collision shop their 7-800 bucks and than $400 is left. So in the end I basically paid $190 or something like that for all four rims and tires. It was definitely not worth the loss of sleep for the last week or two though![]
Anyways here is a pic...I'll hopefully have pics tomorrow of them on the car!...

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see them on the car!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

I think they'll look great Aq, same width and offset as previous OEM set? Gonna buy those jag center caps for aftermarket wheels or going with OZ? lol

Old 02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

...or maybe that'll be your housewarming gift from me.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Those look pretty snazzy

Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN AQUIL!!! That sucks man. Talking about pot holes, I was diving around with my parents in the maxima and my luck I hit a huge pothole it sounded very bad, but when I looked the rims was perfect. I guess I got lucky

Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks guys the only pic I have is me putting one wheel next to the rear of the car and it was taken with my camera phone so it sucks and the sun was on the other side of the building. I dropped them off this morning at 8 so they should be on today and I'll go to the collision shop and take a pic! Thanks for the comments guys!

Actually h20 I was thinking about keeping the oz and painting the black parts that say oz with the paint I got from jaguar so it matches the car. I could get the jag caps that would probably look pretty sweet! We shall see! Where do you get the caps from? And I'll be leaving on the 1st and I have no idea how long it will take. With a wife, 1 year old and 2 dogs we will probably have to stop quite often! So who knows how long it is going to take to get there plus I won't be driving straight through I'll be stopping at the hotel.

Hey jason if your tires were lower profile you may have damaged them but it also depends on your speed. I hit a mad pot hole I wanted to shoot myself about 3 weeks ago but I was going about 25 so it really just jarred the whole car it wasn't taken all out on just the tires/rims. Keep in mind if you ever get like 18's you have to get lower profile tires which means less rubber to protect!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

JaguarXP is the only place I have seen them for aftermarket wheels. $10 each isn't bad. Now, which color for those sweet rims? On blue exterior, I would go with the black, what about you?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah probably black or silver but I don't know...wait til I get the rims on there than I'll photoshop those emblems on the rims to figure it out! Here's the pic with my camera phone...

I think it looks good! (keep in mind it looks tucked because that rear tire is one of the lacerated tires with the mangled rim)

Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I'd go for the black one too

Old 02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah black would probably show off the most...we shall see I'll photoshop some stuff and see about just painting the same color as car and with those on the car...in the meantime I'm shaking bad I can't wait to get her back!

Old 02-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Today it is going to be done? I'd be sitting in the waiting room... looking on, making sure they don't screw something up...like putting those wheel weights on the OUTSIDE... how archaic. You did instruct them to inner mount them, right?

Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: h20boy

Today it is going to be done? I'd be sitting in the waiting room... looking on, making sure they don't screw something up...like putting those wheel weights on the OUTSIDE... how archaic. You did instruct them to inner mount them, right?
Say what? The rims and tires were previously on an x-type used for a month or so...the tires are directional so there really isn't any other way to mount them to the car???

He said the skirt could be on today possibly but more than likely tomorrow. I'll call in a sec to see if they are on the car yet. Said he's taking the car to belle tire (similar to discount tire) probably to get an alignment. Not exactly sure on that though. Let me know what you mean above???

Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

the wheel balancing weights... inside the rim, not on the outside (where you can see it's ugly mass)? comprende?

Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Are you even getting them balanced, or just mounted as is? I didn't realize that the rims and tires came pre-packaged, so to speak.

Quick Reply: Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!