X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nearing completion and a pic of the rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Mofoing Michigan roads suck!

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  6.4 KB

OMGG..........There is nothing else that pisses me off more than seeing balancing weights on the outer rim of some really nice alloys on a beautiful car......WTF are you thinking I say to myself.
Check it out and make sure that they don't do it Aquill......If they do and you try to remove them chances are you'll damage the finish!

Jim

Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rims were used from a guy here in michigan. He had them on the car for a month or more and they have less than 5k miles on both. They look brand new but I didn't notice the weights...If you thought you were seeing weights I think you were seeing an upside down OZ which the rims are OZ superleggera rims. It kind of looks like a weight...that's what your talking about right?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

It doesn't look like there are any on the outside, in that one closeup pic, i think they adhesive weights can be seen on the iside, lower left in the pic. Too lazy to download your picture, circle it, and reload it to my server to show you.

You'll be ok, as long as your tire mount guy doesnt do a balance, in which case you may want to check...just in case.

is it done yet?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer on the hole but so far the new wheels look good!!!
I know the weather isnt helping outl, but hopefully some good will be on the way soon!!!!

Certain areas of Texas are not that great either hehehe but not as bad as up there I bet.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

I don't know, the guy said the bumper was done yesterday but there's a stupid equinox on the lift with some pot hole damage where it literally broke the knuckle so the car was sitting on the front fender as there is nothing else connecting the front end. Needless to say they are lazy and aren't very accurate. I called him last night to ask if they had a bottle/hydraulic jack I'll come up there and do it outside in the cold take it and get the alignment all they've got to do is put the freaking front end on...we shall see I'll update when I find something out...The weights your speaking of are inside the spoke not on the outside if that's what you mean...they were already balanced and all of that this last summer, the car is not moveable so they had to be mounted/balanced wherever I would have bought them. I'll take some more pics but the weights aren't exactly on the outside they aren't terribly ugly or anything...

Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

Ok update the car is officially complete! I didn't get too many pics as it was already getting dark and we were already running late. Than as I pull the plastic bank card to pay for the bill to the collision shop and he tells me my total comes to $1300 bucks...????WTF????[:@][:@][:@] I argue with him for about 10 mins than he goes and gets his boss only for that boss to start raising his voice and telling me what's going on. Well luckily I'm not a retard and I was prepared to tell them they were wrong. In the end the total came to 694.16 or something like that. They are retarded and didn't subtract the rims off of their estimate. Only after 15 minutes of debating did they realize they were wrong and I was right. Needless to say I had a little something something to give him but not when you try and screw me over. Anyways here's a pic I took...I'll have more tomorrow for sure!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Jesus that looks good..
I'd do unspeakable things to have that car.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member

You like it that much? Thanks man, I appreciate it greatly! I paid 650 for the rims! I'll get some closeups of the tires so everyone can see exactly how new the rims and what not are! I'll get some better pics as well...

Old 02-21-2008, 09:29 PM

Hell yes I do. The color combo (body, tint, grill, wheels) is PERFECT, the stance is dead on (just a slight rake), and it has that "I'm going to take your girlfriend, have my way with her, and never call her again...and you're going to watch" type look.

Normally I prefer these cars with the non-sport chrome accents, but this one is perfect.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks man! Glad to hear you like it! See I'm exactly opposite I love the paint, I'm a paint guy unless your speaking of rims...although I love the chrome mirror covers. Yours is awesome too though! Especially with the arubas!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Thanks a lot, and I've actually been thinking about the chrome mirror covers myself. Not sure if they'd look good on mine, or stand out too much.. :/

Old 02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lookin good aquill!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm somewhere in the middle. I've felt that 310 has the nicest X ever from the first time I logged on and saw it on here. But....WOW! Aquill's sport is looking really sharp! Both cars are top notch! Great job guys!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

310 I hate chrome but a few guys have the covers on and imo I LOVE THEM! If I didn't have a sport I'd for sure have them! Can't say I'd be getting the light rings or pillars but those mirror covers are a needed accessory! Here are some more pics...(I'll get some more soon as possible this was after arriving home this morning)

I apologize for that crappy pics[X(]. I'll get some good one's very very soon...At least I don't have excuses like the car needs to get brakes on before I can take some pics!!!LOL!!! J/K Jim if you read this!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Hey, looks good there aquill! Get down here to texas and you can give that girl the detailing she deserves. The snow just hurts the aesthetic appreciation on a car...bet you can't wait to get it on a clear highway to see how the new rims/tires affect the ride. hopefully, not much.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  6.4 KB

Jeeeesh Aquill...........you still havin a go at me for that?....lol

Cars lookin great bud. The rims look pretty sweet especially as you can see the red calipers better thru them too ( can't wait to do mine ...lol )
I bet you're soooo glad to have her back.............can't believe they tried to rip you, but by all accounts you got em told!

Jim

Old 02-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: JimC64

Jeeeesh Aquill...........you still havin a go at me for that?....lol

Cars lookin great bud. The rims look pretty sweet especially as you can see the red calipers better thru them too ( can't wait to do mine ...lol )
I bet you're soooo glad to have her back.............can't believe they tried to rip you, but by all accounts you got em told!

Jim
I've been waiting for you to leave a message, I put it because I knew you'd respond! Nothing personal just thinking of ya bud!

And yeah Jim and h20 I'll be redoing the calipers soon as I can when I get down there so they show off some more. Might have to paint some stuff black as well since you can see more in there.

As for the freeway and opening her up and feeling the ride it's a little more harsh but not excessive. The only problem is this feeling like the car is "wallowing." I got it really bad on I75 doing 75mph on a curve I felt unsure what was going on with the rear end??[sm=smiley5.gif][sm=smiley5.gif][sm=smiley5.gif] It feels like I'm going to lose control of the car it's really weird. I'd attibute it to the rims but it can't be becuase the tread isn't any wider. They are still 225's but there is just less rubber. The size is 225/40/18. I don't really know what to do or how else to describe it but I tell you what I'm scared of what it does. Would the struts being bad in the rear do this? If anyone can correct me and tell me it's because of the 18's but to me the car should feel more surefooted and stiff because of the less rubber??? I don't honestly know though...

Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Veteran member

Tony (see, gonna use it now), What were the original size rims/tires. New ones are 225/40/18s from above.

If the rims are the same size (18s as before) and offset remained the same, it has to be the tires. that's my guess, maybe rolling over in the turns in the sidewall...i dunno.

If it worries you after awhile, you're going to have to do something about it...i'd try tires first (and a second job to pay for them [sm=smiley19.gif]), then if that fails, go back to a Jag wheel. I remember someone else saying their rear end felt like it was moving when they got new rims and tires. FJT did say these cars don't respond too well with aftermarket rims.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm...that is weird...I can't back out though...as long as there is no safety fears with it I have no problems...the stock or size I had before (not stock konig 17's) were 17's with 225/45/17. I don't understand why it would matter...is it the type of rear suspension the car has??? The tires are similar width with a similar overall diameter so I don't know what it changes?