X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help buying the X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Unclefish, if you are serious, I may be interested. The current X-Type I am looking at is in Sacramento, and they want $6998 for it. It is similar to yours but has the auto trans, and a sunroof. You didn't mention if yours has that. The downside is that Indiana is not very close to Fresno. Still even with the expenses of flying out there, driving back, and hotel bills it still should be cheaper than $7k.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It does help. As for the CLL, I don't think I am experiencing anything negative from it yet. I have not looked it up yet to see what it does (I am in no hurry to find out, to be honest.) but right now, I am just going thru the tail end of the pneumonia.

Jim

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (09-03-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up Good on You, Jim

Keep the Dream ticking,
One of the things I love about the X Type is the dual (front and back) heated windscreens, something we don't think about in the summer but come winter, it's a great luxury to be having a nice hot coffee... er inside when the car's defrosting, usually when everybody else is scraping and shovelling away!!!!!!
Ps, in reference to an automatic, I never considered one er until I bought the X Type and I love the automatic now, I wouldn't drive anything else and I'm almost deflated whan I have to drive a manual company car, it just doesn't damn well feel the same and I feel a welcome surge (and a mischievious smile) when I get back in MINE..after work!
Nuff said!

Nighteyez (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am serious and I do have a sunroof. I really prefer manual cars to auto. Once you are used to it, it is a much more rewarding driving experience.

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Unclefish, if you are serious, I may be interested. The current X-Type I am looking at is in Sacramento, and they want $6998 for it. It is similar to yours but has the auto trans, and a sunroof. You didn't mention if yours has that. The downside is that Indiana is not very close to Fresno. Still even with the expenses of flying out there, driving back, and hotel bills it still should be cheaper than $7k.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It does help. As for the CLL, I don't think I am experiencing anything negative from it yet. I have not looked it up yet to see what it does (I am in no hurry to find out, to be honest.) but right now, I am just going thru the tail end of the pneumonia.

Jim

Stuart Beattie (06-23-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

If you're interested, the one I traded for my S-Type 4.2 is still available:

2005 Jaguar X-Type Used Cars for Sale in Hasbrouck Heights New Jersey - NJ.com

It's in New Jersey, however...
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 06-21-2013, 08:08 PM

Unclefish, I just received news from my attorney that I will have a partial settlement check in his office to pick up on June 28th. Do you have any pics of your car I can see before committing to a flight out there and drive back? I would prefer not to buy a car sight unseen. I don't know what your schedule is like but I will be gone the 29th, and 30th on a 4x4 trip with my truck club, and the following weekend is July 4th. Maybe I can come out there sometime in the middle of the week? Oh, and I agree that manual transmission cars are a lot more fun to drive than a auto. I found three pics of your car on this forum. Need to ask a favor, can you take a picture of the pedal arrangement. Due to my accident, my right knee does not bend more than 40 degrees, and I need to know if I can operate the pedals (gas and brake) with my right foot so I can use the left foot for the clutch.

Pab, thanks for the offer, but I am looking for a 2002,2003 year, and black on black with a sunroof. Unclefish's car is even better because I was not expecting to find a 3.0 with 5 speed manual. I am willing to go out and get his over the one in Sacramento because of it. Also, I do not want to pay more than 7k.

Jim

PS: Found out some great news from the hospital today, I have stage 1 CLL, and will not need chemo or bone marrow tests, just need to come in every three months for blood work. So I have had two wonderful things happen today. Needless to say I am in a much better mood then I have been all week.

Last edited by Nighteyez; 06-21-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: add text
Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,899 Likes on 3,203 Posts

Nighteyez, get what you want out of life. If the car is what you want, then get it. You will find that when you are feeling down, just going out, sitting in the car and even possibly taking it out for a drive on a windy road will put a lot of happiness into you. That happiness will make up for a lot of the sadness you may be dealing with. You are fortunate in that you are catching it early which makes everything easier. But, one of the best forms of medicine is very cheap and easy to get if you have the right people around you. The drug is called Happiness. Keep yourself laughing, find a child to put a smile on their face and give yourself a chance to act like a kid again. Then you will find out how easy it will be to kick CLL's butt.

Keep the chin up, take the kitty out for some nice drives and before you know it, you will be going "that wasn't so bad".

The following 2 users liked this post by Thermo:
Nighteyez (06-22-2013), Stuart Beattie (06-23-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 AM

Can't wait to get my kitty. If the 4x4 event had not been planned for months I would just go get it next weekend. However, I don't want to back out of it now. Besides, I love taking the Bronco out and four wheeling with it. Puts a huge smile on my face. Just like running a canyon road with a car. Simple pleasures to keep the spirits up. Also, since I am moving on the 1st, I will have to wait until that is done before making any long trips. Assuming I can physically drive a manual transmission Jaguar. I will have to check out that white one that is here locally. Don't want to fly to Indiana only to find out I can't operate the pedals.

Jim

Old 06-22-2013, 04:48 PM

I'm serious

Jim

Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need Advice buying 05 S type

Hi all, This is my first post so be easy on me. I am planning to purchase 05 S type . I have 2 cars in mind 1) 40K Milage2) 55K Milage in NJ. both are priced around $12 K . Both have clear carfax report. Any advice regarding purchase. It is advicable to buy Extended Warranty from 3 rd party. Thanks all in advance for your help.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member

Good luck on the 4 x 4 outing Jim, I am serious about the automatic because I have had serious damage to my right leg and suffer stiffness. Don't get me wrong I am a safe driver and have to rest the leg between jaunts if I am in a manual and especially in heavy slow moving traffic but I can relax in an auto a bit more. By all accounts it's your opinion that counts and I'm not anti-manual it's just a damn sight more comfortable. Stu
And as Thermo says (quite rightly stay happy!!!)
Hi Div3804, when I bought my first jag, I took out GAP insurance and there are various different types, the one I got was for "write off or stolen" and in fact it was a few months later! I got almost every penny back thanks to that and I got my next jag soon after , the idea is that GAP insurance is mean't to bridge the gap between your insurance payout and the depreciation in price regarding the original amount you paid and particularly in relation to paying the car up, ie you have paid big bucks and end up with no car and payments to make!!!
My deal worked and there are also GAP policies which cover breakdown, mechanical failure and others as well. It depends on what you are paying and how much you want protected?In my view some warranties are useless because certain companies will put failures down to "wear and tear" and there is maybe something in the small print and therefore they'll find some excuse of not paying out!
Please remember div 3804 I am in the Uk and I know things are different on your side of the pond, so I recommend doing some research as I did and it paid off big-time...
Good Luck!!! Stu I would also not rely on one opinion, that's what this forum is about and I learn something every visit, thanks to people like JimC64 and Thermo!!!
Cheers and Good Hunting Chaps! Stu

Old 06-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Unclefish, put your Jag up for sale locally. I have decided to go with the one in Sacramento for two reasons. One, like Stuart Beattie mentioned, is that my right leg will be more comfortable with the automatic. And two, I don't feel comfortable making a long 2,000 plus mile trip in a car unknown to me. If it breaks down I am a long way from home. So thanks for the offer, but it is just not for me.

Jim

Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM

Congratulations on the health news! That's great!

Unclefish, I just received news from my attorney that I will have a partial settlement check in his office to pick up on June 28th. Do you have any pics of your car I can see before committing to a flight out there and drive back? I would prefer not to buy a car sight unseen. I don't know what your schedule is like but I will be gone the 29th, and 30th on a 4x4 trip with my truck club, and the following weekend is July 4th. Maybe I can come out there sometime in the middle of the week? Oh, and I agree that manual transmission cars are a lot more fun to drive than a auto. I found three pics of your car on this forum. Need to ask a favor, can you take a picture of the pedal arrangement. Due to my accident, my right knee does not bend more than 40 degrees, and I need to know if I can operate the pedals (gas and brake) with my right foot so I can use the left foot for the clutch.

Pab, thanks for the offer, but I am looking for a 2002,2003 year, and black on black with a sunroof. Unclefish's car is even better because I was not expecting to find a 3.0 with 5 speed manual. I am willing to go out and get his over the one in Sacramento because of it. Also, I do not want to pay more than 7k.

Jim

PS: Found out some great news from the hospital today, I have stage 1 CLL, and will not need chemo or bone marrow tests, just need to come in every three months for blood work. So I have had two wonderful things happen today. Needless to say I am in a much better mood then I have been all week.

Last edited by unclefish; 06-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Stuart Beattie (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member

Good going Jim,
And Good Luck with your choice, you have all the time in the world!
Stu

Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Thanks guys. I'll be going up on the first of July to get it. I'll post some pics when I get back (after I am done driving it for the first time of course.)

Jim

Last edited by Nighteyez; 06-25-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Stuart Beattie (06-25-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Well, it looks like I will have to wait until August to get my kitty. I have promised too much to too many people to be able to get one now. I do not want to be homeless again anytime soon, so I decided to pay a full year's rent in my new place. That money could have been used to get the X but I can always get one in August when the bigger of the two checks gets here.

Jim

Old 06-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Well, I spoke too soon. They dealer with the X called and I told him the situation, and now he is willing to work with me on the price, so it looks like I may be getting it after all. The plan is on to go up on Monday and test drive it. If everything works on it, and I like it, then I will be driving it home sometime that afternoon.

Jim

Stuart Beattie (07-07-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

How you treat the car is how it will treat you. If you continually overload a washing machine it won't last,if you don't maintain a lawn mower it will fail. That is why cars and other mechanical things are called SHE'S, they like maintenance and if you abuse them WELL you know what happens YOU pay.

Stuart Beattie (07-12-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by billbjork
How you treat the car is how it will treat you. If you continually overload a washing machine it won't last,if you don't maintain a lawn mower it will fail. That is why cars and other mechanical things are called SHE'S, they like maintenance and if you abuse them WELL you know what happens YOU pay.
Excellent analogy. Always wondered why cars were called she. Now I know. And since I plan on babying this car it should last a lifetime.

Jim

Stuart Beattie (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member

Jim, follow the dream, one thing I am sure about is your delightful honesty!
Fortune favours the BRAVE!
Good Luck forthcoming, you will have to make a decision and enjoy the moment!
Live the dream! And stacks of Good Luck to you!
Stu ATB!

Nighteyez (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 AM

Hello all,

Sorry for the long delay, but RL got in the way. Since I last posted looking for a X-Type, I have received my final settlement check, and am in the process of starting my own business, as well as financing a partnership business with my brother in Oregon. I have purchased a 90 Ford F350 drew cab dually to haul a car trailer with, and I have purchased a car trailer. It will be modified with the addition of a Smittybilt 8k winch for those cars I buy that do not run. Of course, this is a Jaguar forum, so I must have some Jaguar news right? Well, I bought a Jaguar today, but it is not an X-Type like I wanted. This one is in my signature, and belonged to the brother of the guy I am going to be using to repair the cars I get to flip. He flips cars as well, (mostly Chevy pickups as they seem to sell like hot cakes around here) but his wife complained that the trucks were too big, so he bought this Jaguar to give to her, and she did not like it?!?!?! She said it was too small, she now wants a Tahoe (which incidentally is what he traded for this car, go figure.) Anyway, he needed the money so I told him to bring it by. I test drove it, and everything works, including the ice cold AC. It only has 145k on it, and some dents here and there and is missing the front two turn signal light covers, as well as a left rear side marker light cover.

The under hood area is immaculate. I was impressed. The trunk is also in good shape, and has a brand new full size spare tire. I paid $2,900 for it. No rust, only two dents, and some minor parts missing. I think I got a good deal on it. I may or may not keep it though as it is harder for me to exit the car than it was an X-Type. So I may flip it later, but I do want to drive it for a month or two. By then I will be in love with it and will not want to part with it. That is the plan anyway.

My health has stayed the same so far, no negative news regarding the leukemia. So that is good. Don't even have to go in for treatments. They just want me to come in every 3 months for blood tests to see if it has gotten worse. They did find a mass on one of my kidneys, but again, want me to come back in two months to see if it has gotten any bigger. They did say that if they need to remove it, they will have to take the kidney as well due to the placement of the mass.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Need help buying the X-Type-dsc_0004-1.jpg   Need help buying the X-Type-dsc_0003-3.jpg   Need help buying the X-Type-dsc_0009-1.jpg  
Stuart Beattie (09-18-2013)

Quick Reply: Need help buying the X-Type