Sponsored by:

Need help buying the X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts
Smile Glad to have you back, Jim

[QUOTE=Nighteyez;814912]Hello all,

Of course, this is a Jaguar forum, so I must have some Jaguar news right? Well, I bought a Jaguar today, but it is not an X-Type like I wanted.
The under hood area is immaculate. I was impressed. So am I CONGRATULATIONS!!!
By then I will be in love with it and will not want to part with it. That is the plan anyway.

Well Done Jim, it sounds as if you are upbeat with your new distraction and I for one am delighted!!!
The XJ6 is a Lovely beast and I am sure you have her "up to scratch" (in peak condition!) if you decide to keep her, ha ha!
Well you now have a Jaguar and while we talked about it for quite a while, you have done me proud and I really wish you all the best, after all life is to be enjoyed! I am relieved and totally Mc Chuffed that you are showing some younger ones the way to go and I bet my bottom dollar, you are smiling as i speak.
Keep up the good vibes jim, it's always a pleasure talking to you!
I wish you well with the business too, it sound as if you are in good company and for all times, it's nice you can share it! Best regards, Stu
Oh and by the way, as long as you don't struggle with the doors too much, I don't think you'll be needing the X Type as your CAT Babe is JUST FINE !!!
Jim, enjoy yourself!!! Regards, Stu

Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks Stu. I have already ordered the missing turn signal covers for the front, and one rear side marker light from eBay. Tomorrow she gets a Viper alarm, and new automatic antenna. I will be taking her out to get detailed as soon as my insurance agent calls back so I can put her on my policy. Think I'll call her Snow White. Honestly, I thought the XJ6 would be easier for me to get in and out of than the X-Type. I thought it was a bigger car, but it doesn't appear to be. Still, I finally got a Jag, and I am a happy camper.

Jim

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member

Yo Jim Hi again,
Is it me, becuase I thought the XJ6 was bigger by far..
Could it be that althoguh you have more width and leg room, it's more of a bend/stoop to get in or out?
Anyway Happy is good for now and I'm sure the horns will be out when you are out in Your "Snow White". Good name as well!

Old 09-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Jim, the XJ6 is a beauty! How I wish there was a way to get one with a manual transmission.

Wishing you much enjoyment with the new Jag and all the best with your health!

Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 AM

The XJ6 looks longer than the X-Type, but the door size is what makes it hard for me to exit. Keep your right leg straight, and try to exit your X-Type, and you will understand.

Jim

Old 09-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Pefectly spoken for you guys across the water, Jim!
That's a pretty hard job!
Enjoy the weekend! Stu

Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 AM

When I first started to think of getting a X-Type, I took a look at a white 2003 that was near my residence at the time, and although I only sat in it, and heard the engine run, I fell in love with the interior, the wood grain, and the leather. That same X-Type is still sitting there. Nobody wants it apparently, or, I think they have it priced too high. Although they are asking $6,998 which seems reasonable considering others on the market around here. What I can do is measure the door opening on my XJ6 and then go down there and measure the X-Types to see what the difference is. Maybe it is smaller, and I have just forgotten how hard it was to get out of it because I was trying to talk myself into getting it anyway.

Jim