Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to jags need advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: New to jags need advice!!

Thats about the same as mine when I bought mine 2.5 years ago.Look for a service history.No probs with mine except needing a new LHR speed sensor (on the outer cv joint covered on warranty (£148)).
I think the main problem withone or twocars is propshaft whine.
If you get it I would upgrade the brakes (same as Ford Mondeo) and if it hasnt got HIDs get a kit for around £40 as the standard headlights are poor,the headlights are on my wish list.
Good luck and happy X-ing.
PS Welcome to the forum

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcom,
Yeah the sport also has dsc standard (dynamic stability control) which is definitely something worth having. Personally that seems too high for that car. I'd say maybe 13,500 or 14 but no more than that. I've seen them go from dealers for 16k with same mileage same year if not a 04 and with a warranty. You won't find an actual sport model though for that cheap as they have a higher price tag...dealerships always try to add the sport tag to everything. Keep in mind the most noticable difference right off the bat is that there is no chrome on the outside and they have a rear lip spoiler. IMO i love the sport over the regular models. And my rims aren't stock ones...

Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Here are some examples this one is an 04 but 3k more but still should be under factory warranty.LINK

More miles same year but $3k cheaper LINK

If your serious about getting one and have the money I'd try driving a few miles and finding one...the cars go for more out your way but here in michigan they go super cheap...drive a few miles and you will get a way better deal than you are getting there...even from a jaguar dealer...

Jaguar of troy near me has this one but it is more than the other one you were looking at but this has 34k miles but is also certified and from a jag dealer...LINK

Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah I'd say offer less but if they wan't to play games get back in your car and drive away...the car I'd say isn't worth that and them saying it is a sport is stupid...I hate that crap! Does it have dynamic stability control? The button for it would be right next to the cup holder and its a black button with a car swerving. This button is a lifesaver! You can floor the car and it will not let the car go out of the path it thinks you intended it to go. Being in pennsylvania you may be a little disappointed not having it thinking because you have awd this car should be perfect. If I wouldn't have gotten a car with dsc I would have been upset because I thought the car would have driven straight down the road no matter what but when I turned the dsc off and floored it the car became rear wheel drive pretty much...the power is distributed 60% to the rear and 40% to the front, so in essence it is still somewhat rear wheel drive. Need anything else let us know. You will be happy with the purchase of the a jag but just make sure you get a good deal. You don't plan on selling it in a year do you?

Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My HUGE advice is, DONT BUY FROM ANY DEALER UNLESS ITS BRAND NEW. Why are you gonan buy from a dealer thousands more expensive, and the dealer is trying to make money on his cars, so he gets the cars makes them look nice at the beginning and after a few months you relieze you made a mistake. If you gonna buy that 2003 jaguar x-type the next year you might be lucky to get around $10-$11k

Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 PM

But if you really want to buy from a dealer here a few
http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/jag...stingtype=used

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/jag...stingtype=used

Old 12-16-2007, 12:34 PM

Ok your choice, I just gave you my opinion man.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member

Just make sure you get something like a lower price out of it...Look into your local jag dealer as well don't just settle with that one...you might regret it...if you don't end up liking it in a year you will owe more than you can get out of it if you finance it so thats why I asked how long you plan on keeping it...

Don't pay more than say 14,300 for it. I paid 13,*** for my car a year ago and it was spotless and it had a warranty as well but pretty sure it covered everything not just powertrain and they fixed everything I found wrong with the car...plus mine is a sport with a rare color and aftermarket rims. Trust me that car isn't worth more than 13,500 considering everything but I wouldn't pay more than 14,300....

Just noticed no moonroof either...mine has that as well...get me all the specs on the car or all options...

Moonroof? If you have no moonroof you don't have fold down rear seats either...
Trip computer?
Premium sound?
DSC? This car doesn't handle the same without it...I can do a u-turn and floor the car in the rain and the car just shoots without any skidding...without it you actually have to control your feet...sometimes its worth the security...

Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member

You can easily get one with insurance and all that for 20k...just keep your eyes opened and don't be sold on that one is all I'm saying...I don't have problems with dealerships as you can't trust anyone its not just dealerships...its your responsibility as a buyer to cover yourself! This means getting it checked out looking at it very carefully and all that...just keep in mind that the resale value on these suck! I love my car though! I just really wouldn't pay more than 14,300 for it! Keep in mind they only paid around 10-11k on trade-in! That warranty they are giving you (not bashing the dealer or anything) only cost them a couple hundred bucks anyways...Just make sure you cover your own end check everything out and only pay what you think its worth or less! Our opinions on here though are usually dead on as to what the going rate for cars are. If you need help email me. I'll give you my number if you want too if you had any other questions!

Quick Reply: New to jags need advice!!