X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New jaguar design R-D6

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New jaguar design R-D6

I'm waiting on a Jaguar SUV. Sometimes it takes getting away from your roots a bit in order to branch out into a mainstream luxury marque likeBMW, Lexus, and even Cadillac.

Jaguar XL8 - Range Rover platform, V8 engine, AWD...I'm drooling just thinking about it. That'd be one helluva ride.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A jag suv sounds good, but i dunno about how they wud design the look of it, i dont really see a jag as an suv. just picture any of the current jags a little modified to be SUVs, i just cant see a Jag as an SUV IMO. Although i didnt see a porshe as an SUV a few years back, so i guess it cud happen

Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Jaguar will never plan on making a SUV .I read this somewhere on the net or a car mag .That sounds a cool idea though

Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpartanX

Jaguar XL8 - Range Rover platform, V8 engine, AWD...I'm drooling just thinking about it. That'd be one helluva ride.
[sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I LOVE the porsche cayenne turbo...oh my! I could totally see a jag suv....

Old 07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member

It would probably be the same as the audi SUV. AN x type station wagon, with extended bottom. Just add a grill under the grill. that's how they made the audi suv, took the a4 station wagon and made it taller

Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

ORIGINAL: SpartanX

[sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]
Exactly. Man I didn't realize how good of an idea it was until after I wrote it. That would be the perfect SUV in every way, shape, and form.

As for Jaguar not making an SUV, they better put their future in front of their stubborn attitude. They may be digging themselves an early grave. I'm not saying building an SUV will save them, but hell it sure wouldn't hurt.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:05 PM

well it cud hurt if it doesnt do so well

Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Jag SUV is totally not jaguar. What they should do is make some new cars that actually look like the sleek, low profile/low to the ground saloons like the series 1 and 2. They're too....Americanized by my standard.
Now, a big stationwagon with a 500 hp v12 in it....

Though the sport model I must say is quite sexy.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

That's the same thing everyone said of the Cayenne! Then when Porsche released the bitch and she did a 0-60 in 4.9 secs with a TT V8, everyone shut their mouth! If Jag makes a Twin Turbo'd SUV with AWD and 6 piston Brembo's on all four wheels, that makes similar numbers with a sub-5 0-60 and well over 500 HP...[sm=drooldude.gif]and obviously offer the more $$$ friendly V6 with around 300 HP...BOY ...Jag would take off just like porsche did!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that if Jag is going to make an off road vehical it should be a mix between a car and a truck (think AMC Eagle, except cooler), but not an SUV. I just can't picture a full-blown Jaguar SUV looking good, with the current styling schemes at least. The Porsche Cayenne is a little bit of an exception in my opinion, it doesn't look quite as....fat...as American cars, but every one has an SUV, jag should make something a little different.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Believe me, jaguar making an suv would hardly save the company.

For one thing, as much as people love suvs, station wagons are one of the most popular cars right now too. But nobody buys the jaguar station wagon, so what makes you think the suv would be any different.

Plus building an SUV isn't an easy task, it takes a long time to design and stuff, and since it would be jags first SUV I doubt it would be any good.

Although, they could take a buncha the old ford broncos, give them the ol racing green paint job, throw some lumber in there, and put some leapers on the Hood. Would people pay 50,000 for that?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

Jag building a suv couldn't hurt them any worse than they are doing right now! What you talking about taking time and money to develop...Ford has some of the best suvs and the best truck to me I'd imagine Ford would have a big hand in development of it...not that jag would do something like that....also jag would use a car bigger than the a4 to make an suv that car is too small to make an suv... the porsche is in a league of its own they didn't just blow up a car they make into a suv...they could make one hell of a suv!

Never noticed that station wagons have caught on to anyone??? The only thing that has caught on across the country is crossover...not a station wagon...station wagons are ugly crossovers are alright but suvs are by no means ugly

The cayenne was porsche's first suv....that didn't suck...

And btw the ford bronco was an awesome suv! You ever have or drive one? My moms 84 and 95 were both awesome!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

There is a huge market for SUVs even GM stopping making their big RWD cars in order to concentrate more on the SUV production . I don't think Jaguar will do that but in fact it can be done easily consiering Land Rover help and some parts can be derived from Land Rover as well .

Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

Nice cadi I forgot about land rover...jaguar wouldn't have the ability to just get their feet wet and walk slowly they could dive right in!!! You have fords guys and land rovers....man this suv is more and more a possibility...you speak of gm and rear wheel drive you seen the new g8??? Its rwd!

There is a HUGE market for smaller more fuel efficient suvs....the suv market may not be as hot as it was but its still there thats why so many crossovers are more like suvs....because people want SUVS! Thanks for the support cadi!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

No problem 'quill . Back to GM , '96 was last year of big body RWDcars like Caprice, Impala SS ,Fleetwood Brougham .Glad, GM has begun to be back to RWD again lol
I just remember, Jaguar already in the SUV market lol . Range Rover 3.6 TDI is a Jaguar engine as well as 4.4 supercharged ,right lol

Old 07-25-2007, 05:03 PM

I was just about to say what Cadi did above, hes exactly rite about land rover sharing engines with the jag.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I say leave the companies to what they are good at. If you've ever seen a Rover car, you would know that it's a company that should stick with trucks. These high end SUV's (Lexus, BMW, Porsche) suck. Buy a Hyundai version, tape $50,000 to the dash and you have the same thing.

If you think they are missing the market, then combine the car lines when Ford sales and make it manditory to stock both lines on the lot. Don't getting engineers thinking outside of their realm. (I'm pretty sure that's how God came up with the camel. There's one screwed up design!)

Old 07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member

I forgot all about land rover for some reason...jag could totally pull it off! What do you guys think of the new pontiac G8? I happen to like it I like the Vauxhall version more but oh well...the holden model doesn't look to special to me...

Old 07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Hey ken have you worked on a cayenne/toureg??? I can't believe that from a looks and performance stand point you don't like the cayenne???

Quick Reply: New jaguar design R-D6