Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New jaguar design R-D6

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: New jaguar design R-D6

I think peewee is on to something. You will still have a few hold out locations, like here in Texas. Progress is slow coming here it seems. We still drive full size trucks and big cars (of course our gas is a little cheaper), have got a death chamber that seems to go off every month, and no state income tax. And, the number of gun owners is staggering. I'm one of the few people I know that will have to fight off "the midnight inturder" with a frying pan!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you talking about low to the ground...at its current height the suv does a mere 170+mph and the suspension the turbo s has the adjustable air ride suspension....what more could you want!??? The thing is just as fast as a boxster s and that isn't good enough??? I'd love a cayenne turbo s....where can I sign a rich mans signature at??? Cuz it wouldn't be mine! If I could afford it I'd have that over any other one...well except the toureg which has a mere half the price tag and still looks good!

I hear you on the mid-life crisis part!

STATION WAGON SALES ARE NOT HIGH! The only sales that are high are for suv crossovers! If you haven't noticed the market on every company has switched from suvs which were huge a couple years back and still are but now its higher for smaller crossover versions...which by no means are they station wagons...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Hey ken you don't support gun ownership or just don't want to buy one???

BTW the post I just posted above was started last night and everyone left a comment so oh well....

Old 07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Sauce Pan Ken to the rescue! LOL! I feel you bud, I use to have the same mentality, until a buddy of my dad's got killed while getting jacked at 3am a little over a year ago. Made me make sure to go out and get my glock 19! Small and accurate, just can't wait to get my CCW!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

I'm just not a gun person. I even take our Venture Crew Scouts to the range. It just never did anything for me. Grew up shooting on Grandpa's farm.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

The truth is, that if you get one, you just gotta be sure that you have the guts to pull the trigger when your family is in danger!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

I wonder how I can change my handle to "Sauce Pan Ken." I'm still laughing about that.[sm=violent053.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

STATION WAGON SALES ARE NOT HIGH! The only sales that are high are for suv crossovers! If you haven't noticed the market on every company has switched from suvs which were huge a couple years back and still are but now its higher for smaller crossover versions...which by no means are they station wagons...
I think you are missing the big picture. I think that the x-type estate was jags version of an suv. I highly doubt that you will see a jaguar cuv. Range Rover has filled that gap for those who are looking to buy a luxury SUV at a jag dealership. Its like how GM consolidated Buick, Pontiac and GMC into one dealership. In theory you offer a wide range of buyers multiple vehicles without having to go to seperate dealerships and thus loose out on business. You have Jag for those looking for a traditional sedan and then range rover for those who want a luxury suv.

It has been documented that SUV sales are slowing down. More and more people are buying sedans. Toyota is caping in on this market with hybrid offerings in the prius and camry. The carolla gets around 40 mpg anyway. They also offer a hybrid rav 4. Ford bought some hybrid motors and tossed them in the escape and mercury. People are downgrading from the large suburbans and expeditions to the cuv becausethey dont want to loose the command seating position and they want something with a hatch and awd for winter etc. The main reason for this trend is not because they want something that is smaller but because they need a more economical vehicle in todays gas prices. GM is loosing money big time because chevy has over 8 suvs offered alone and people are shying away from the suvs to economical sedans where toyota picks up this market. I personally wouldnt want to see a jaguar SUV i would take a rover for that role.

Also as long as we are talking about guns, i own a hk usp .40 compact and i will be purchasing this week a walther ppk kel-tech .308 and an ak47. I have an LTC and i am in law enforcement so i am exempt from most state gun laws.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I think GM urgently needs to makesome hybrid SUV models otherwise it might be too late

Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

ORIGINAL: Saucepan Ken!!
I wonder how I can change my handle to "Sauce Pan Ken." I'm still laughing about that.[sm=violent053.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]
Easy peasy lemon squeezy Ken me ole mucker....lol

Jim

Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member

pee wee...wasn't directed toward you...but whatever...can't say I see too many prius's by me...or for that matter too many small cars...big suvs are still everywhere...gm isn't losing anything...they've been taken over by toyota but I haven't seen too many toyota's my way...here and there...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

pee wee...wasn't directed toward you...but whatever...can't say I see too many prius's by me...or for that matter too many small cars...big suvs are still everywhere...gm isn't losing anything...they've been taken over by toyota but I haven't seen too many toyota's my way...here and there...
Hey Bud, GM is losing sales and yes it is being overtaken by toyota. It was just last summer that dealers around the US were screaming about high gas prices and not enough big suvs moving off the lot. Now that gas prices have some what stabilized people are moving back to suvs in the form of the cross over. People think that since its small like a car that it will drive like a car and get gas mileage like a car. Well, if you like driving a lifted compact hatchback car then buy a cuv. The ones that get good gas mileage are fwd if you get awd then its going to suck on gas just like any other suv.

GM is still trying to push SUVs on the american public but most are turing to sedans. Its a trend that will continue until gas prices either decline or they make everything a hybrid.