Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with rear door lock wierdness

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with rear door lock wierdness

Hi all

Have researched Forums for solution to my door lock problem but found nothing as unique as mine so allow me to explain;
  1. Driver side rear door will not respond to fob, but can be manually locked/unlocked and opened/closed. Will also auto-lock once car is moving
  2. Passenger side rear door will not respond to fob, will not unlock manually and cannot be opened manually from inside or outside...but it used to a couple of weeks ago.
  3. Fobs have new batteries and are both synched to the car
  4. Its driving me nuts
  5. May necessitate a trip to the local Jag dealer I think unless anyone has some tips?
Many thanks

Tom in Canberra

Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't know every things of your car lock problem but I said what I know a little; It's normal for the doors locked automatically when the car is moved, the door can not open manually from in or outside that mean some linkage inside the door were disengaged. You installed the new battery in the fob, but still not works, that could be two things; The micro switch in the fob won out, the receiver unit in the car was broke. Tell us the MY of your car hope some other members can help you better, Thermo?

The following users liked this post:
YellowAndBlue71 (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 AM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine did that on the rear passenger (American car) door lock. It was working and then it just stopped. Key FOB would not open it and it would not even unlock manually...like something was stuck. What finally fixed it for me was I sat in the FRONT passenger seat and closed the door and then manually locked and unlocked from the passenger side front lock. That somehow triggered something in the system and made everything work again and it has been working for months now. It was almost like something got out of sync. That method worked for me and for another person on this forum also so you should give it a try.

peace out,
daddylogan

Old 01-27-2017, 03:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Jaguar use a similar electro-mechanical door lock design across a number of models. The diagram of the X-Type rear door latch may help in understanding the setup:

New member with rear door lock wierdness-door-lock.jpg
(click on th image to enlarge it)

It's rare for the linkage rods to detach and most issues are a result of failing/failed microswitches or harness breaks.

If the issue is with the door latch, a dealer will likely suggest a replacement (here in the UK they certainly don't repair them) which is a very expensive approach.

Microswitches are availble from Jaguar and aftermarket sources.

Some preliminary investigation with the driver side door card removed could save you A$$$'s.

Graham

Old 01-27-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by daddylogan
Mine did that on the rear passenger (American car) door lock. It was working and then it just stopped. Key FOB would not open it and it would not even unlock manually...like something was stuck. What finally fixed it for me was I sat in the FRONT passenger seat and closed the door and then manually locked and unlocked from the passenger side front lock. That somehow triggered something in the system and made everything work again and it has been working for months now. It was almost like something got out of sync. That method worked for me and for another person on this forum also so you should give it a try.

peace out,
daddylogan
Thanks DaddyLogan, did give it a try but no joy unfortunately...she's stuck fast

Old 01-31-2017, 12:30 AM
Default Newbie Door Lock Wierdness Part II

Hi all hope all is well wherever you may be..

Didn't use the Jag today, took the MX5 instead, it's weekly run prior to sale.

Anyway, got home just now and...the door is fixed!!

Can open, close, lock, unlock, with fob and manual by key!

Don't know what happen overnight or today but I'm cheerin' (for the time being!)
Was going to visit the local Jag dealership tmrw to try & sort out but not anymore....quiet weird

Anyone heard of this phenomena before?

Yours in Jagness

Tom Canberra