Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New parts for refurbishing jaguar x type engine 2.5 or 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New parts for refurbishing jaguar x type engine 2.5 or 3.0

Hello all

Are there parts for fixing/rebuilding 2.5 L AJ25 V6 or 3.0 L AJ30 V6 dose anyone know ?

Old 04-17-2022, 09:46 PM
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Some parts are available at Jaguar or Land Rover dealers. Some parts are available at the vendors that sponsor this forum listed on the right -> side of the screen here in the forum, jagbits, sngbarratt, etc. Many parts are available at other Jag specialty stores. To get better advice I would suggest asking what parts you need and where you are in the world, specifically. Getting a liter of the right engine oil in the UK isn't the same time or money as getting the right camshaft bearings in Tahiti.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:53 AM

Hello dh53,

Thank you for you reply, i am from Bulgaria and i am having issues with my 2.5 v6 petrol engine on my x type the problems are that the engine have lost compression on 3 of his cylinders.
And i am checking if it is possible to repair it or maybe getting the 3.0 engine and refurbish, also i want to do it on descent price
The idea of getting the 3.0 is because i have friends with 3.0 engine and it seems that they don't have so much issues with this engine compare to 2.5 i don't know why maybe it is pure luck maybe not

Old 04-18-2022, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,998 Likes on 794 Posts

Sounds like you know what you are doing, but for what it is worth here is a quick testing tip if you haven't already tried it.......
Give a couple of small quirts of engine oil down into the cylinder bores of the suspected weak cylinders and repeat your compression tests.
If the low compression is due to worn or broken rings, then your compression tests will likely lift briefly with the addition of that oil helping to fill the incorrect clearances.

If however your compression results remain around the same, then you are most likely looking at a top end issue such as cylinder head/valve issues.
Overhead gear in the 2.5 and 3.0 engines I believe is somewhat specific to Jaguar as part of their customization of the base Duratec engine design for their production, so DH53's suggestion of seeking parts form the forum sponsors and other Jaguar parts sources would be your best bet for obtaining correct parts.

I am however a bit curious to know which cylinders are reading low...are they all coincidentally on the same side of the engine 1, 3, 5 (rear bank) or 2, 4, 6 (front bank)?
If they are all in one bank and have similar low compression results, then could you possibly have a VVT issue or other valve timing issue on that bank affecting all cylinders?

If it were only two neighboring cylinders then you might think the head gasket has blown in between two cylinders, but 3 cylinders is odd, and if they happen to be all on one side - even more strange.
If you don't have oil in your water, and your water is not showing signs of gassing with compression leaking into cooling system, then generally it sounds like bad valves, worn valve seats and or possibly worn valve guides (although you would likely have noticed for quite a while a blue smoke plume from your exhaust when accelerating after sustained deceleration if the valve guides were excessively worn).

Old 04-19-2022, 07:59 AM

Hello h2o2steam,

Thank you for joining and great advises, yes we have already did the compressions test with drooping little oil in the problematic cylinders and the compression lifted a little.
I really cant remember now which cylinders were with low compression but recently i am having issues with starting the engine when it is cold and i am also getting the below mentioned codes, i am very sure that it is related to the lack of compression which i found a couple a months ago so the problematic cylinders are 5, 3 and 1.
Also i don't have oil in the water but i have noticed some blue smoke but it is really not much !
============1==============
P1000
Raw code: 1000
ECU: 11
OBDII: OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete

============2==============
P1316
Raw code: 1316
OBDII: Injector Circuit / IDM Codes Detected

============3==============
P0305
Raw code: 0305
OBDII: Cylinder 5 - misfire detected

============4==============
P0303
Raw code: 0303
OBDII: Cylinder 3 - misfire detected

============5==============
P0301
Raw code: 0301
OBDII: Cylinder 1 - misfire detected

============6==============
P0300
Raw code: 0300
OBDII: Random/multiple cylinder(s) - misfire detected

Old 04-19-2022, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,998 Likes on 794 Posts

If 1, 3, 5 cylinders are giving you misfire codes then it is likely those are your weak cylinders, that is the rear bank (against firewall).
Might pay to reconfirm your compression levels again to be sure you are focusing on the right cylinders.

If all are in the one bank, then I would certainly double check your physical cam lobe surfaces and drive gear timings on that bank and also make sure you haven't developed an issue with the VVT solenoid or intake cam VVT mechanism before taking the head off and starting to look for valve seating issues.
You have a good physical comparison as the front bank can be your reference.