X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New X-type Owner Intro

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New X-type Owner Intro

Hi all.... my name is Tim. First time Cat owner here. Have always lusted after Jaguar's and found myself in a position to buy and thanx to this forum, I bought with confidence. Thank you everyone. I did a intro on the main board but wanted to put a cool 100mi on before I came to the X-side.

LOL...

Good News!!! First 100 mi went virtually problem free...minus the weak battery that wouldn't start the car once. Think it has something to do with it only having a 580a battery... the box looks big enough to hold up to a 700a.

The specs...

2004 Jaguar X-type 3.0 with 5-spd and 84,000 mi. Not sure of the Jaguar color name but, white on tan..interior is extremly CLEAN!!! Two owner car, with a clean car fax. And, yes I think the wheels are ugly too. Missing side marker lense, jag wheels, and one lug nut cover. Ugly stearing wheel cover free.

The deal...

They had $8900 on the window, paid $4500 cash and traded a 189k mi 01 Celica GT that sounded like it had rocks in the head and probably had a dent on every panel. Took almost the whole day of playing "four square" and faking to walk twice but I got out free and clear.. What you guys think?

The Verdict...

So far I'm loving the ride quality and it's suprising low end torque. Averaging about 22mpg so far. I live in Portland, OR and it has proved itself in the rain already. Snow will probably be next year. It could use a little more power, or just less of an abrubt loss in the high RPM's. but with the AWD and 5-spd the car will go where you want it under power crisply. Keeping in mind I drive for gas mileage and the hopes of no more tickets.... To contrast, it's kind of heavy and didn't start once. Oh and going from having to auto headlights to manual has already netted me one pull over.

I was hoping you guys could suggest some preventative maitenance steps I should do. I've already oiled her, did the t-case and gearbox fluids and PCV and new style hose.

Also, would like to hear what direction you would go styling wise if you had a White X-type. I've yet to see a modified white x-type on this forum. Think I like black vs chrome but it just may be the ugly wheels that's got me hating on chrome right now. Do some of you have your chrome trim painted?

Again, I appreciate all the help this forum has givin me in my desicision to enter the Jag world. I hope to add just as much information myself.

Attached Thumbnails New X-type Owner Intro-jag1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Stella.Jass (04-11-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats. Looks like you got a good deal. But I'd consider swapping those rims for jag wheels. I am sure you could get some for a good price on eBay.

In terms of styling....lower mesh grill.

But I'd first start by replacing all the important fluids.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Congrats, it's good for you since you wanted to become a Jag Owner and now you're officially are lol
We have immense info and useful tips check in FAQs at the top of the page .
Happy safe driving

Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,923 Likes on 3,223 Posts

Untouchable, welcome to the club. I think you will find the kitty very sure footed and a jay to drive for a long time. The only thing that I will caution you on is the weak transfer case. But, then, you probably already know about that. I think you will be very impressed with how the car will handle your snow in the winter (used to live up in Seattle).

So, sit back, pass on what information you may have, drink a cup of Joe (or Starbucks, we know how you PNWer's love your Starbucks), and enjoy. HOpe to hear a lot from you. I'm sure you will be talking with me a lot.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... those wheels are really ghetto

Stella.Jass (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanx for the welcome guys. 50 more mi and the Jag is still impressing me.

LOL!!! I must already have hours into the search function on here. Got my sqeaky stearing lubed, programed my key fob, figured out what the hell that buzzing sound was when I turned the car on/off...this forum is awsome.

Got the skinny on the t-case thanx to this forum too. There were tool marks on the nuts when I changed the lube so I've got my fingers crossed.

I agree, these wheels gotta go. I've got a lead on some s-type wheels...but was thinking maybe black upper and lower mesh with black wheels, polished lip. Still debating if black wheels are to much of an import style look for this car...

Stella.Jass (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats buddy,
The deal is worth for available specifications.....

Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to finally see someone do a full Mina Gallery bodykit on a white x-type, storm-troop it out with 19" black wheels, black mesh inserts in the grill, NO CHROME and clean 35% window tint all the way around and lower it....

an example:

Attached Thumbnails New X-type Owner Intro-photo-1-.jpg  

Last edited by SteveRogers; 04-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by UntouchablesInc
Thanx for the welcome guys. 50 more mi and the Jag is still impressing me.

LOL!!! I must already have hours into the search function on here. Got my sqeaky stearing lubed, programed my key fob, figured out what the hell that buzzing sound was when I turned the car on/off...this forum is awsome.

Got the skinny on the t-case thanx to this forum too. There were tool marks on the nuts when I changed the lube so I've got my fingers crossed.

I agree, these wheels gotta go. I've got a lead on some s-type wheels...but was thinking maybe black upper and lower mesh with black wheels, polished lip. Still debating if black wheels are to much of an import style look for this car...
better yet on the wheels, if j_bond is still selling his Black Proteus wheels, you should Pm him