X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new X-type owner, proud owner :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and some more pictures...

Attached Thumbnails new X-type owner, proud owner :)-img_7941.jpg   new X-type owner, proud owner :)-img_7946.jpg   new X-type owner, proud owner :)-img_7931.jpg   new X-type owner, proud owner :)-img_7945.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cat

No problem Mik15, good luck and enjoy that Cat, it's a great car and will always do you good.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 AM

as you can see from the pictures, the badge on the steering wheel is wiped off, i was looking on ebay to buy one but didn't find any, also the steering wheel cover, because of the sun i presume, it's a bit swollen on the edges, do you know how could i fix it? i was thinking of taking off the cover and try to heat it and somehow keep it, while heated, under pressure so it would come to its original shape...what do you say, will it work??

Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Default Steering Wheel

That question Mik15, I do not have an answer or opinion about, and I do not trust myself giving you my opinion. Don't know anything about trying that Task. Getting the stick on Logo piece should not be hard, order from Dealership or parts company, Heating steering wheel, get Pro opinion on that.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I think you'd probably make it worse if anything trying to do that. Those types of parts are not designed to really be repairable. By chance do you have any salvage yards out there? Although they may have the same affliction, so you may need to look around for a used one in another part of the world. Last resort would be a new one, I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

that badge on the steering wheel is one of those things that show up on ebay periodically. I wonder if the center cap logo on the wheels is the same size?

Don't mess with the steering wheel rubber, all of them curl at some point, maybe look for a dealer and see the costs. It'll come with the badge.

In the pictures the console arm rest looked OK, what's broken?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 PM

I used a center cap logo on my steering wheel. It is a little bit bigger. I broke off the stubs and glued it on. I did this just because I liked the design. I found it at Welsh Enterprises. It had Gold Cat Head with black background. Looks sharp. I also ordered them for my wheel centers. Can't see real well on my car picture, but they look good on the car, for standard wheels that is. Chrome wheels someday, I hope.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
that badge on the steering wheel is one of those things that show up on ebay periodically. I wonder if the center cap logo on the wheels is the same size?

Don't mess with the steering wheel rubber, all of them curl at some point, maybe look for a dealer and see the costs. It'll come with the badge.

In the pictures the console arm rest looked OK, what's broken?
looks ok, but it's not, i have taken out the opening mechanism because it was all broken inside and it was very noise, now it's ok, no more noises, i only put back the 2 buttons just for design and the leather on the top must be glued and some sponge added beneath because what it was before it's all gone now, i took it out cause it was all broken into thousands of pieces, hopefully i will be able to fix it to a shop doing upholstery, they asked me in a scrap yard for the center console 300usd and it wasn't even my color, it was a tan one...

Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 AM

do you know if there is a site similar to realoem.com for BMW, for Jaguar?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Default Symbols

Good luck with all of this "Mik15", keep me posted on the events.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM

certainly will!
thx.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i'd be careful just sticking something to your steering wheel.... if airbag deploys, you might be catching a flying jaguar into your eye.... just a thought...

Old 02-12-2011, 12:47 PM

today i have restored my headlamp lights by polishing them, i would say i did a good job , i will take some pictures tomorrow so you can see the difference, i am quite content with the result, i will make another one after i will purchase the 3M restoration kit as today i have only used sand paper and then 3M polish but applied manually as i didn't buy a buffering machine as i was very anxious to do it and didn't want to waste any time to go and look for one.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM

yesterday i have ordered the PCV hose because i am now using an improvised one and i didn't like the idea, tomorrow i should have it, they didn't have it in stock so it had to be ordered from Dubai and i am going on a trip this weekend, a round-trip around 1500km, should be nice, at least the drive will be . I am also intending to do a full detailing within the next weeks, as soon as the sandstorms are over here, now it's full of dust around here , every 2-3 days we have a sandstorm.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 AM

...not so proud anymore ...so, i left for a longer journey to Oman on Wednesday, on my way i stopped by Jaguar dealer to get my vacuum hose, i took it and happily left, everything was great, after about 200km suddenly i got an error message ''engine system fault'' and ''gearbox fault'', i was simply surprised, i mean, i was driving very nicely, didn't abuse it and all of the sudden...pull over, put the gear in N, the engine wouldn't come to idle RPM, was still at 2000RPM, i thing he was under the impression that it's still in D, i stopped it, pull of the key and then start it again, the errors were gone and the car was working back as previously, like nothing happened, strange....i got to Oman later that night, driving through there all weekend, everything seemed to be ok....seemed, until yesterday when i got back from Oman, there was this piece of new highway of about 60 miles with no radars so i said let's see what the cat can do, well it did kind of ok, i was doing 100-120 mph, all ok, i was quite impressed, got to Abu Dhabi, tried to open my door, surprise, not working, so i had to exit the car through passenger door, embarrassing of course, and also the car has now a noise when i reduce the speed to get over the speed bumpers, i don't have the noise if i am exceeding 15-20mph, only when i reduce to stop the car. I think this noise might be coming from the TC, maybe the oil is low or something...as for the door i have no idea what is wrong with it, i can open it from outside using the key, but i can't open it using the remote and if i lock it from inside i can't open it....honestly it's a strange car, i wouldn't have expect it from a Jaguar, i will give her one more try, i will change the fluids in the TC first, and see if the noise goes away, and then the gearbox oil and diff. I am disappointed, at least for the moment with the car, although i really like it and i would be really sorry to sell it but i simply couldn't keep a car that doesn't offer me the feeling of security when driving it, always expecting something to go wrong....

Maybe you can help me with some piece of advices.
Thanks!

Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 AM

although ''we're'' going through a rough time at the moment, i still have changed the side indicators with white ones, it looks better with them than with the yellow ones...

Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 AM

just got back from the mechanic, he is also a Jaguar guy owning an X-type, S-type, XKR and others, was working for Jag dealership, so he really does know the car, after an inspection under the car, to the prop shaft, TC, diff, gear box everything seems to be in order, absolutely no oil leaks whatsoever, the central prop shaft bearing is a bit loose but it's not a problem and yes the TC has a noise, not the one i was telling you about 2 posts ago, that one is gone, on my way to his shop couldn't hear it anymore. He said that everything is ok but i will anyway change the oil in the TC. Went to the Jag dealer and they've asked me, only for the TC oil, $135/1L(cca 1qrt), which is a huge price, i am still looking for a better price, my mechanic will give me a price as well tomorrow. I am now feeling better , still have to solve the door problem...