X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No sound from radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 05:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No sound from radio

After leaving the headlights on all night in my 2006 X Type and killing the battery, my granddaughter boosted the car in reverse and blew the 15 amp fuse F44 for the radio/cd player. I replaced that fuse and have the radio part way back - it is on and scans through the AM and FM stations ok but with no sound. Have tried various things including playing with mute from steering and consol and other things. I have not tried disconnecting the battery to do a reset but that's next. I have followed a few similar threads but haven't seen anything that has worked for me yet. Is there a second fuse likely blown? Will disconnecting the battery resolve my issue? Has the radio been blown?

Old 05-20-2023, 07:44 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,915 Likes on 3,217 Posts

Rigel, I would check fuse F20 in the passenger compartment fuse box. Assuming you have the premium sound system (ie, separate mid range and tweeters and subwoofers), this fuse powers the amp which is a separate unit form the radio and could therefore cause what you are seeing..

The following users liked this post:
tomhannah (05-20-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 06:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default no sound from radio

It was two fuses that were burnt - a 15 amp and a 30 amp. Once replaced, all was normal with the car. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Old 06-14-2023, 10:19 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rigelprime
After leaving the headlights on all night in my 2006 X Type and killing the battery, my granddaughter boosted the car in reverse and blew the 15 amp fuse F44 for the radio/cd player. I replaced that fuse and have the radio part way back - it is on and scans through the AM and FM stations ok but with no sound. Have tried various things including playing with mute from steering and consol and other things. I have not tried disconnecting the battery to do a reset but that's next. I have followed a few similar threads but haven't seen anything that has worked for me yet. Is there a second fuse likely blown Must-have Peloton weight rack? Will disconnecting the battery resolve my issue? Has the radio been blown?
It's possible that there could be another fuse related to the audio system that was blown when jump-starting the car. You may want to check the vehicle's fuse box or consult the car's manual to identify any other fuses associated with the radio or audio system. Disconnecting the battery can sometimes help reset the system and resolve certain issues. It's worth trying as a troubleshooting step to see if it restores the sound to your radio. Make sure to follow the proper procedure for disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to avoid any electrical issues. If the above steps don't resolve the issue, it's possible that the radio unit itself may have been damaged during the jump-start process. In that case, you may need to have it inspected or repaired by a professional car audio technician.