X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NooB Owner Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NooB Owner Questions.

to my fellow Jag owners, I Just got my Jag I got off of Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWA:VRI though I having little issues with it. Mostly lose door panels. Overall pretty happy. Car interior smells mostly like dried urine,seller claims its cleaning agent used when prepping car. I think maybe its been flooded, then title washed???? or, maybe he used urine to clean the interior???? but the car runs strong, for now thats all that matters.

So one of my question is,, where is the trunk release lever stashed inside the car? I can't find it anywhereand there is no manual for the car. No keyhole on the trunk and the only way to open it, is by the key fob.

second, This one isaddressed more toward FactoryTechGuy, but feel free to answer. The car makes a buzzing noise when the car is shut off. The sound seem to be coming out of the ac vents. what gives?

Third, can a Jaguar be serviced by Ford like Lexus with Toyota? only because the closes Jag dealer is30 mins away, Ford 10 mins away.

Fourth, Best way to hook up an iPod, doesn't look like it have an Aux Jack.

Last, and out of topic, I've lost the Title formy 94Ford Mustang GT, I'm trying to fill out a replacement form but stuck on one question "Weight Class", is it asking for the actual weight of the car? I'd checked with the other title I have, and it just says "8". So what would be the WC of a 94 Mustang GT.

Thanks to all, especially FTG,"BRILLANT"like the British would say.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Default RE: NooB Owner Questions.

Sorry FactoryTechGuy, you've already answered that one (PM you sent me). "Aspirator Motor" this is fixed under warranty? and what the heck is it, a breathing machine?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome to the forum. i noticed on the front lower grill there is some white stuff. what is that? it looks like bird poop. or is it just the photo? you can get the manual on ebay for about $20.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 443 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Congrats and enjoy ,have many happy trouble free drives

Old 03-06-2008, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: kile555

With the doors unlocked, push the button on the outside of the trunk. The one with a cat head on it. There is no trunk release inside the car.
Hehe, well hidden, I didn't think about that, thanks.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jvegas

welcome to the forum. i noticed on the front lower grill there is some white stuff. what is that? it looks like bird poop. or is it just the photo? you can get the manual on ebay for about $20.
Its probably lint on the camera lense, because outside look great after a car wash.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bojangles

the little fan draws cabin air past a temp sensor. this way the auto climate control can make more intelligent decisions.

Now to sidetrack a bit ...
If you are one of those people that thinks the car gets hotter faster or cooler (a/c) faster, by ramming on the buttons your self.. quick sell the Jag. It is not for you.
The system is quite smart, and you cant make it heat or cool any faster by playing with the buttons. Just pick the temp you are comfortable with and let AUTO do its job.

Back to post. did you find the button on the trunk lid? just lift up above the licence plate and there is a sort of hidden button there.. nothing inside the car.

Depending on your CD usage, one solution for Ipod is to get a tape deck unit instead of the CD in the dash, then use a tape adaptor for the Ipod. over all that may be cheap and effective. Otherwise you need the Jag ACM.. (audio control module) and that will be a few hundred when all said and done.

I think that the Jag interior smells a little "pissy" as a normal smell. to some it is a smell of leathery quality.. to others a bit off... let the detailer's shampoo dry out. and take it from there.

If you really suspect a flood. you will have to lift the carpet and take a peek underneath.
Thanks, I did find the trunk lid, AC blow COLD! no issue there.

the car has cd only, ACM seem pricey at the moment, from what read.

Your kidding right? all Jags smells this way? all of the car I've owned (4) had leathers, heck even my furnitures, none smell this bad. PEW WEE. I had to Febreeze it.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: cadillac

Welcome to the forum !
Congrats and enjoy ,have many happy trouble free drives
Thanks Cadillac, hope I don't have to many problem(s) with the car too.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:39 PM

Your kidding right? all Jags smells this way? all of the car I've owned (4) had leathers, heck even my furnitures, none smell this bad. PEW WEE. I had to Febreeze it.
Welcome!

Mine doesnt smell like ****, BUT, the AC/heating can smell like cat **** if you dont either put some vent deodorizer in the vents yourself, or have the dealer give it the business treatment. I have used the stuff sold by autozone and it is good for a few weeks/months. The dealer told me about two options, but recommended the more expensive and allegedly more extensive Jaguar treatment that should last for a few years, according to her. I think the quote was $200 or $300.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ShaguarNYC

Welcome!

Mine doesnt smell like ****, BUT, the AC/heating can smell like cat **** if you dont either put some vent deodorizer in the vents yourself, or have the dealer give it the business treatment. I have used the stuff sold by autozone and it is good for a few weeks/months. The dealer told me about two options, but recommended the more expensive and allegedly more extensive Jaguar treatment that should last for a few years, according to her. I think the quote was $200 or $300.
Don't think I'm gonna pay $2-300 for a interior treament. But for sure a few vent deodorizer and whatever I can get my paws on.

I was told by FTG that the car was originally from South Florida.2 possible theories, first theory, Flood, the foul stench of sewer water. Second theory, someone got drunk and took a leak in the car, those Floridians are party animals.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM

Ours smells funky too, I thought it was the smell of the cleaners that the dealership used.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:20 PM

Thats what my dealer said also. Cleaners, imo, shouldn't smell like peepee. Gosh, Jaguar must be usinga "special" dead cows.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 AM

yes congrats!!! make sure to take some pictures with it asap!

you have warrenty until 50000, my opinion after asking every jag owner i know...

is you shoul get the extended warranty : /

AND WHAT BOUT THE TAKE THE JAG TO A FORD DEALER? NO RESPONSES?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 AM

The cat **** smell in the ac vents is not a jag issue, many newer model cars have reported it. Supposedly, the design of the newer systems allows for moisture to sit in the system and mold forms. Health problems have been linked to that, as you could imagine. The vent sanitizers make the smell go away for a while, but I'm not so sure they do anything about mold. The dealer treatment is supposed to be a lot more thorough and last longer. I'll be looking into it in the next few weeks as the temp increases outside.

Of course, as Bojangles says, make sure that you track down the actual source of the smell first.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RE: Using the local Ford dealer. I wouldn't let any of the Ford dealers around me to touch the Jag with a 10 foot pole.

Regards:
Oldengineer