X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not shifting into park

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Not shifting into park

Hey guys, back to the forum again.. I recently replaced my transmission gear shifter, the entire thing-- floor brackets and all, the second shifter was actually able to unexplainably shift into Park with a little jiggling in the park position. However, the gears still just felt a little off, like it wasn't securing into gear, even with the new shifter, so i replaced the shift cable, and replaced the shifter to the original one-- since the cable was most likely the problem since the shifter itself is indeed sliding all the way up-- if you take the cover off the transmission and push the selector forward-- boom all the gear engage fine-- so no transmission issue! The cable needs to be adjusted, but it doesn't appear to have any way to adjust it. The replacement shifter I bought came with a black knob, the interior of my car is white-- no big deal except that knob wont spin off for the life of me and I don't want to really break the shifter -- LOL, it's just been a real sh*t sandwich lately. With the original cable and the original shifter, the car would "fall" out of gear, but I believe it was just the selector cable being stretched out, and knocking it into neutral for a second and slamming it back into gear-- but that doesn't explain why the car has issues going into park with either gear shifter, and a brand new shift cable.

Diagrams? Experiences? Please and thank you in advance for any knowledge!