X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pecus Error E

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pecus Error E

Hi all, I'm new in the forum, sorry about somethings inconvenient.
I have problems in my car, this car was cheaper but in goooood condition.
,with some flaws,Clearly if we buy something cheap and used, we have to work on it
The first "Pecus Error E" and yellow and red light blink.
The second "the car consumes a lot of gasoline"
In fact, the car is working very well without problems and without fail, but I would like to ask you what can be done to disappear these problems.
Thank you very much

Old 08-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,910 Likes on 3,212 Posts

Igor, as for the car consuming lots of gas, I would be looking at your rear brakes. take the car for a short drive (say 6 miles, 10km) and then put your hand by the rear wheel hub. Can you hold your hand there or is it hot enough that you want to move your hand away. It should be warm, but able to hold your hand there. Odds are, you are going to find that very hot. Odds are, you have atleast 1 e-brake lever that is frozen and the e-brakes are not releasing when you release the e-brake. You should also feel the e-brake to be very easy to pull up when you try to engage it and odds are, you will be able to pull it all the way up to the stop. In short, the fix for this is replacing the rear calipers that have a stuck e-brake lever. If you remove the wheel, you should be able to move the e-brake lever with your thumb and then watch it snap back (move back towards the rear bumper when released) when you don't have the e-brake engaged. If you can't move the e-brake lever initially towards the front of the car, then odds are the e-brake lever is frozen in place.

As for the Pecus error, not sure what to tell you on that. Looking in the repair manual for the car, the only place it references "PECUS" is in the manufacturing of the car in that there are different programs for different markets when it comes to how the engine will run and how the ECU does this. PECUS stands for "Programmable Electronics Controls Units System". so, with that being said, it would almost appear to me that if you just bought the car and have had this error since you bought it, I would have to guess that the person before you had a problem with the ECU and attempted to fix it themselves by getting an ECU over the internet (say from the US) and put it into a car marketed for Europe. That would cause a market conflict as the computers talk to each other and can cause the car to act strangely.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Doesn't the ECU have to be programmed to the specific car it is on? If so, maybe the ECU is for the correct market, but the previous owner did not get it programmed at the dealer for that specific car. On the other hand, if the ECU is not programmed the car won't start, correct? And this sounds like it does run, although with poor mileage.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Received 8,179 Likes on 4,934 Posts

Info for you.

bob

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
someguywithajag (04-27-2021)
Old 08-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Hi all..
You will right about 'Pecus Error E'..Last week the mechanic did diagnose in the car, and didn't know to answer me what is Pecus Error E...then he deleted off all errors
except Pecus Error E ...
I readed many forum and many people talk about ECM..so....like my car has anoder computer from another Jaguar...

Old 08-11-2017, 05:22 PM

Thanks Bob

Old 02-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IgorRymar
Hi all..
You will right about 'Pecus Error E'..Last week the mechanic did diagnose in the car, and didn't know to answer me what is Pecus Error E...then he deleted off all errors
except Pecus Error E ...
I readed many forum and many people talk about ECM..so....like my car has anoder computer from another Jaguar...
So in that case when you see that message do to a different ecm, is the car being damaged in any way or is it ok to drive?

Old 02-24-2018, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 754 Likes on 673 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-3-0-a-45130/

Btw, doing a search in this forum will usually return the answer to nearly any problem anyone is having with their X (X400), just saying......