X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture request for a noobie?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j_bond
Sounds like a good start, although, adding just a front lip looks WEIRD in my opinion. it makes for an uneven, and horribly 'unfinished' look. It looks like the driver ran out of money to do the whole car...

I also would suggest you not to lower the car without a nice set of 18" or bigger wheels, or it will look strange.

the 'poking' thing is a short-term trend, not my cup of tea. But I'm also in my 30's. I do like an aggressive stance in the rear that is flush with the fenders.
but poking looks, again, like someone bought the wrong offset of wheels for their car and had to keep them....

A large group of people were laughing & pointing at an Audi that had that setup the other day as it drove by. I'm not sure I'd want people laughing at my expensive Euro...
Yes, I am researching rims as we speak. Such a big investment haha, everything else is like a couple hundred here and there. Hold on i'll post the ones i'm most interested in.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by WhereTheJag_at
Yes, I am researching rims as we speak. Such a big investment haha, everything else is like a couple hundred here and there. Hold on i'll post the ones i'm most interested in.
tsw silverstone rims options. View tsw silverstone machined w/ silver wheels at WheelsNext.com

Old 03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Ok , here is my intentions.

haha I'm deleting all chrome, all the trim. I'm going to make it the base color, or black w/ vinyl
-Getting rid of all amber, probably with clear lens+leds.
- LED license plate lights
- HIDs 6ks
- HID fogs
- LED interior lights
- 35% tint
- New black grill
- Drop it, depending how low maybe a lip no body kit.
- get a right stance w/ poke
- make it have an nice sound
- and yes of course have my friends at 360 motorspots detail it, they do the celtic players cars.

Do not worry I will not bring shame to jaguars lol no chrome no wings.
Nice, another modded Jaguar to come.

The list so far looks great! Suspension wise, there are really only three options. You can go with H&R springs, KW v1 coilovers, or an airbag set up.

I really do recommend the OEM lip though, it really makes the car look a lot better. IMO.

Muffler wise, I went with Magnaflow part# 11226. The car sounds great at about 2k and even better at 6k.

If your looking for leds go to v-leds.com. They have a great selection and the leds last forever.

35% tint is the best in my opinion. It's what I have all the way around.

Like the others have said, when it comes to a Jaguar, there's only so much you can mod. If your looking to get into the crazy modding world I suggest you visit this forum. Granted your car will look very similar to about every other car. Not going to lie though, I love the facelift e46, the preface... not so much.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/

Old 03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

If you want to avoid the whole chrome delete piece look for a sport model, chrome is already gone, adds some additional bolstering to the seats, stiffer and a tiny bit lower springs all around. All I've done visually to mine is dark tint on the windows (except driver and passenger which earns you a 250.00 per ticket fine in Canada, and you can pick up 4 tickets per day), coming up is some spacers out back and some bigger exhaust tips, along with the roof rail delete and mesh body color grils upper and lower.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

If you want slight stretch/poke, you will want to look up Jaguar XF wheels.

Posted a thread on Volvospeed about Jaguar XF new options:
If You Are Looking For Wheels No One Has Ever Mounted To A Volvo In 5x108 - Volvospeed Forums

Slim pickings for 5x108, but the XF helps if you're like me and don't like the look of non-stretched tires. I'm in my mid-30's though, so may not share the same preferences.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by exexpat
If you want slight stretch/poke, you will want to look up Jaguar XF wheels.

Posted a thread on Volvospeed about Jaguar XF new options:
If You Are Looking For Wheels No One Has Ever Mounted To A Volvo In 5x108 - Volvospeed Forums

Slim pickings for 5x108, but the XF helps if you're like me and don't like the look of non-stretched tires. I'm in my mid-30's though, so may not share the same preferences.
wow, those are my first choice. I couldn't find them anywhere. Those are the ones I use in forza 3 hahahah

Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
If you want to avoid the whole chrome delete piece look for a sport model, chrome is already gone, adds some additional bolstering to the seats, stiffer and a tiny bit lower springs all around. All I've done visually to mine is dark tint on the windows (except driver and passenger which earns you a 250.00 per ticket fine in Canada, and you can pick up 4 tickets per day), coming up is some spacers out back and some bigger exhaust tips, along with the roof rail delete and mesh body color grils upper and lower.

LOL, I have a 'Doctor's Note' for my tint just got pulled over last week. "sorry officer, I have a skin condition with photophobia & migraine headaches due to exacerbation by sunlight. I have very generous colleagues.... "

I can tint to 34% on my front windows with this and 5% on all my back windows.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

I've seen manual transmission X-types run 15.2, and there is a legendary X-type that was gutted and race prepped that ran 13.8..... LOL ok, ok, it was ME! (my 2002 X-Type).
Exactly. When I used to have a ton of friends with VWs in the late 1990's, lightly modded VR6 GTIs (1996/97) with gutted interiors were doing 13.2-13.5 runs. They got heavier and slower with the MK4 chassis. Better off getting one of those if you want a quarter miler doing 13's and lots of mods available on the cheap.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by exexpat
Exactly. When I used to have a ton of friends with VWs in the late 1990's, lightly modded VR6 GTIs (1996/97) with gutted interiors were doing 13.2-13.5 runs. They got heavier and slower with the MK4 chassis. Better off getting one of those if you want a quarter miler doing 13's and lots of mods available on the cheap.

Oh yeah, the old VR6 square-bodies were QUICK! Also had a really sweet exhaust note

Old 03-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Nice, another modded Jaguar to come.

The list so far looks great! Suspension wise, there are really only three options. You can go with H&R springs, KW v1 coilovers, or an airbag set up.

I really do recommend the OEM lip though, it really makes the car look a lot better. IMO.

Muffler wise, I went with Magnaflow part# 11226. The car sounds great at about 2k and even better at 6k.

If your looking for leds go to v-leds.com. They have a great selection and the leds last forever.

35% tint is the best in my opinion. It's what I have all the way around.

Like the others have said, when it comes to a Jaguar, there's only so much you can mod. If your looking to get into the crazy modding world I suggest you visit this forum. Granted your car will look very similar to about every other car. Not going to lie though, I love the facelift e46, the preface... not so much.

E46 Fanatics: 3-Series, BMW Forums, BMW Modifications, E46 BMW
hey, you have any websites for lips and aftermarket body parts ect. for the jag?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:04 AM

hey, you have any websites for lips and aftermarket body parts ect. for the jag?
That reminds me I saw this jag on Andys autosports I have never been a fan of this style but, if you wanted to how would you go about getting your lights to match this?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Mina Gallery.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 PM

Mina Gallery.
yeah i've been there

Old 03-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

I love Mina Gallery and huge fonts

Old 03-27-2011, 04:27 AM
Veteran Member