X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me

I drive my Jaguar to high school, and everyone in my school resents me for having a nice car. So everyday someone spins my leaper emblem around, and now its becoming broken and wont stay in place. Its driving me absolutely insane. Please suggest anything I can do to make them stop. I was thinking of attaching electric wires to a battery and connecting it to the metal on the cat, so if you touch the emblem you'll be tasered haha that's the best I can think besides beating the **** out of them. Please help!

Thanks
Jack

Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

J-B weld

Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,932 Likes on 3,228 Posts

Jacktham, while it won't stop everyone, one morning, get out of the car and put some KY/Vaseline on the belly of the kitty. That way, when someone grabs the kitty, they will get a sticky hand. Granted, the outcome of this is normally 1 of 2 things:

1) they walk away pissed/laughing, or
2) they are pissed and they try to rip the kitty off of the car.

Granted, this is true of anything you do to prevent people from messing with the kitty. Atleast with the KY/Vaseline, you will be able to get an idea of who did it because you will see them wiping their hands for a bit trying to get all the sticky stuff off.

Much beyond that, if you hard mount the kitty, then it can lead to hood damage because some idiot is going to do whatever it takes to move the kitty and it will damage something. But, don't fret. Replacing the latch mechanism isn't that hard. All it takes is a $5 kit from a local hardware store for making up cable retainers. It is essentially some bicycle brake cable (the metal center) and some figure 8 crimp tubes. You take the parts, put them back on the kitty/base, feed the cable through, feed both ends through the figure 8 piece and then you crimp it. The hard part is putting a little bit of tension on the cable as you are trying to crimp the cable. But, having a second set of hands makes it not a problem.

The following users liked this post:
jacktham (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I like thermo's suggestion but I would prefer to recommend wheel bearing grease.

jacktham (11-19-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I was in the same boat as you man. Drove the jag in high school, everybody hated me for it, they always talked trash gave me glares and stares, second day second year with the car at school, some pot head stoner took it.

My tip, if someone f***s with it, and you know who make a statement, dont sit and watch soeone get away from it. High school is a test, a test at how much you will take before you become the class bitch. Dont let it happen to you and when I say that that I dont mean start a conflict cuase that will make it worse. Or take the leaper off. Just dont put it on till schools done or that special occasion thats what i did after mine got stolen, now its back on, and Im in college and nobody touches it. Granted theres some very nice cars in the lot here

jacktham (11-19-2010)