X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-buy questions ('04 X-type Sport)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Pre-buy questions ('04 X-type Sport)

You can replace bulbs without taking off bumper.
nice sounding car. What's the last six of the vin? Corporate lease means may have been a rental car.
Not that it matters.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM

Has factory warranty until Apr2008 or 50k. You said it also has select?
All recalls or service actions have been done. Only problem I see with it is it never had any of its services. Missed its 10, 20 and 30k services. They are free. You at least still have the 40k if you buy it. Remeber this doesn't mean they were never done, just werent done at the dealer. Lets say you needed an engine in the future, they would tell you to prove oil changes done. You can at least say, you cannot prove because you bought used from dealer with select edtion on it. They will cover you. Just make sure you get free 40k done and oil change ever 5k there after. Nice car. Also dont think was a rental car.
Features Equipment:

Frt Ashtray & Cigar Lighter

Automatic Transmission

Boot Spoiler

Bonnet Leaper

* Garage Door Opener

* No Compass

Auto Dim Interior Mirror

Audio Remote Ice Controls

Audio & Single Slot CD

Armrest Front

Armrest Folding Rear

Premium Sound

Sport Seats

* Reverse Park Control

Sport Suspension

Space Saver Spare

18X7.5 Aruba Wheel

Auto-air conditioning with Air filter

Dynamic Stability control

Twin Fog Lights

* Rain Sensing Wipers

Bi Xenon Headlights

Electric Windows Rear

Security System

Electric Glass Sunroof

Leather Steering Wheel

* Navigation System

* Navigation Disc USA

Cupholders (Front)

Cruise Control

* Memory Function

* Drvr=10 Way Pass=10 Way

Fold Down Rear Seat 70/30

* Trip + Message Centre

Carpet Mats

Auto H/Lamp Levelling

Auto On Head Lamps

Voice Activation Pre-Wire

2004 Model Year Parts [hr] Trim Details
Trim:
Charcoal Sport USA Paint:
Quartz 1926
Trim Items:
Sport Trim

Warm Charcoal/Warm Charcoal Facia

Nimbus Grey Headlining

Flint Grey Carpet

Charcoal

Charcoal Seat Belts

Bronze Sapelle PommelleAlso it just had a compressor put on it in Nov. New remotes too. That is about the extent of it.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  6.4 KB

Reverse park control......reverse park sensors to aid the reversing of the vehicle.
Emits a short bleep when approaching an obstacle approx every 3 secs which gets more rapid as you get closer to the obstacle until it finally emits a continuous beep when approx 1.5m away from the object

Jim

Old 01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah what jim said! Awesome info FJT...KMH IMO the price seems kind of high...Welcome btw if I haven't said it already!!!

Hey your in new mexico and Dallas Texas is about 10 hours from you...try these guys...Texascarsdirect.com

For instance this car is on hold but its a 06 with 10k miles for $25k not a sport but it does have navi, seat piping and looks awesome. LINK

If that car your looking at was a 05 that price might not be too shabby...although your area is probably a lot differnent than Michigan so that could be a good deal...just make sure you look a lot and don't get ripped! Any link to the dealer its at or other one's you are looking at?

Old 01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Factoryjaguartech, you are completely wrong man, a cooporate lease isnt good man, and if its a rental car man its had thousands of drivers that didnt care about the car and beat the **** out of it. Also being a rental car company they like to eb cheap and maybe skip some services, im not saying he never did those services but they is a big chance he didnt. Also $20,900 for a 04 sport jag is expensive man. Go to the dealer you can get a brand new 07 x-type for like $27,000. Cooporate lease is NO NO NO.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jasonzimbran

Factoryjaguartech, you are completely wrong man, a cooporate lease isnt good man, and if its a rental car man its had thousands of drivers that didnt care about the car and beat the **** out of it. Also being a rental car company they like to eb cheap and maybe skip some services, im not saying he never did those services but they is a big chance he didnt. Also $20,900 for a 04 sport jag is expensive man. Go to the dealer you can get a brand new 07 x-type for like $27,000. Cooporate lease is NO NO NO.
If it's a corporate lease car, it hasn't been beat to hell. A corporate lease vehicle is not your typical rental Chevy Malibu from Enterprise. Corporate leases are COMPANY CARS.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:31 PM

Oh yea, and 22k is too much, even with Select Edition. If you're going to pay that much, I'd buy a new X-Type for song...

Or a used STR with Select Edition.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:46 PM

http://www.luxurymotors.com/inv/sear...&keywords=

This place has a lot of S-type R for sale. This one is 2004 41000 miles for 23000

The price for that X is high. You can probably beat them down alot.
They also have some X-types for real good prices. 03 with Nav non sport though 13995. You can put the sport shocks into it for the money you would save. Other than that no real diff other than seats and body color moldings instead of chrome.

You should look around. That dealer sounds like asking too much.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM

Factoryjaguar tech am I right about a cooporate lease.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 PM

Just to give you an idea, I work for a company that has corporate leases on GM cars. We have a G6, Impala, and 4 Malibus. All are driven by us in the office, not thousands of people.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Ok, even that, you dont treat the car as you would as yours anyway because its not yours.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Ok, even that, you dont treat the car as you would as yours anyway because its not yours.
You're exactly right. It gets better treatment because the $ doesn't come out of my pocket. It comes out of a budget with bottomless pockets.

We always get the scheduled maintenance done because we need the cars to be running at all times.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:38 PM

Yes spartanx I completely understand where you getting, but an example if your friend let you borrow his car, and he wasnt in the car dont tell me you would act like its his car. I mean on rental cars they even skip oil changes because they always need a new car. Under 25k on rental car companie setc, depends on the rental car company. And they dont care because they know they gonna sell it fast.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Yes spartanx I completely understand where you getting, but an example if your friend let you borrow his car, and he wasnt in the car dont tell me you would act like its his car. I mean on rental cars they even skip oil changes because they always need a new car. Under 25k on rental car companie setc, depends on the rental car company. And they dont care because they know they gonna sell it fast.
You keep saying rental...

There's a huge difference between a consumer rental runabout and a corporate leased car.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, I purchased the same car, Select Edition, with 24,000 miles for $19,500. No navigation though. I looked all over, and anything cheaper had lots more miles and no extended warranty. If you want a Select Edition (I highly recommend), and low miles, you have to pay a little more. Also, keep in mind you could go up a year or two with very little increase in price. 2005 or later are harder to find because they sold so few. (I had a max $20k budget so I couldn't stretch.) As far as the lease/rental argument... Look at the interior, If it looks "used" (cracked pieces, excessive wear) it probably wasn't taken care of. If it's immaculate, it was probably one owner/driver. I also think Jaguar is pretty pickey with what it "Select's". I doubt they would certify a rental.

Quick Reply: Pre-buy questions ('04 X-type Sport)