X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radio volume raises and lowers on it's own...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool radio volume raises and lowers on it's own...

I have noticed recently that the radio volume seems to adjust with interior noise and sometimes when I step on the brake it lowers. It never did this before and seems to have popped up recently. Anyone ever dealt with this before? Thank you!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Christo,

It has to do with the AVC (Automatic Volume Control)

"The manual says":

"To activate AVC, press and hold the volume control knob until AVC ON is displayed. ... The level of AVC control can be adjusted from 1 to 5 by turning the volume control knob ... Position 5 gives the greatest increase in volume relative to vehicle speed. When AVC is ON, manual adjustment of volume will override the AVC setting."

To turn it off just click it again after the numbers 1-5 come up and it should say "AVC Off", goodluck.

The following users liked this post:
ajracing565 (05-23-2017)
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks bro, but I know how to turn it on and off, it's just that all of a sudden it's going bezerk! Maybe a bad sensor somewhere or something? I should have been a little more clear - sorry! What do you think?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by christo
Thanks bro, but I know how to turn it on and off, it's just that all of a sudden it's going bezerk! Maybe a bad sensor somewhere or something? I should have been a little more clear - sorry! What do you think?
haha your welcome, It's cool.. no need to apologize. I was looking at your post count and thought to myself that you probably already knew what I was going to type but hey you never know so I posted it anyway. Umm it's possible that it could be a sensor.. could be thinking your car is going faster and slower then it really is which is causing it to go crazy. I'm not too sure so I don't want to feed you false info.. hopefully someone else can help out a little more then I can.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Radio

Originally Posted by christo
I have noticed recently that the radio volume seems to adjust with interior noise and sometimes when I step on the brake it lowers. It never did this before and seems to have popped up recently. Anyone ever dealt with this before? Thank you!
Some radios are made to do this. I had a 99 Mercedes before the Jaguar and the car radio would raise the volume as the car when faster and got noisier and lower it when slowed down. I thought it was a neat feature. I don't know if the Jaguar radio has this designed into it and with what sound system. On feature I like on the Jaguar radio is the mute feature, which the Mercedes didn't have unless you had the factory phone installed, which I didn't then the radio would mute when the phone rang. You answered and talked thru the radio when on the phone. I don't have a factory phone in the Jaguar. Also the Jaguar doesn't have a weather band channel, which the Mercedes has, I really miss that feature.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Avc

Originally Posted by BlackJag914
Christo,

It has to do with the AVC (Automatic Volume Control)

"The manual says":

"To activate AVC, press and hold the volume control knob until AVC ON is displayed. ... The level of AVC control can be adjusted from 1 to 5 by turning the volume control knob ... Position 5 gives the greatest increase in volume relative to vehicle speed. When AVC is ON, manual adjustment of volume will override the AVC setting."

To turn it off just click it again after the numbers 1-5 come up and it should say "AVC Off", goodluck.
I got out my audio manual and tried to activate the AVC I held the volume button down for over a minute and nothing came up on the screen I let the button go and pressed it again and got AVC off. I turned the radio off and then back on and held the button down this time for a good two minutes, again nothing, but I stopped pressing the button for a moment and pressed it again and AVC off. So I tried again no AVC on came up on the screen, I finally gave up. Very frustrated.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To those still searching in the present day and age, I have the Sat-nav premium audio version and found the AVC settings discussed here in the "menu" section, under "Volume Settings" and could adjust between off and 5. I have turned it off for now, I prefer having control. Thanks to the previous users for pointing things in the right direction!