X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really bad window foggy...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the tips. They actually came in handy for me recently. The windows fogging up was really getting on my nerves and jeopardizing safety. After implementing the instructions I could fix the recirculation door. Now besides the clear view, I even burn less fuel, since we don't have to use the AC for every trip just to do the defogging. However i am surprised that such a mechanical deficiency went past the Jaguar quality controllers. I just hope the problem does not repeat itself. I made sure to use a good amount of superglue ultra gel, the flexible loctite variety that does some shock absorbing as well. However, I need to add that my car was right hand drive, so the pictures were a little different that the reality. For one the glove compartment is on the left side, but the actuator is too be found there none the less on the right side of the plastic air intake housing, towards the centre console. Allthough the information was posted years ago, it is still a life saver. Thanks all again.

Old 01-30-2022, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by triumph_013
Well the car isn't mine yet, it was only a test drive. The windows did fog up quicker and more than normal, as in quicker and more than any other car I've driven. I had to constantly turn on the defrost to clear it up. Not just the windshield, its the entire car that fogs up. The side windows were getting worse than the windshield, and mainly on the passenger side.

No noise while driving down the road, seals seemed to be fine. What I mean is, when I first opened the door to get in the car, water poured out from the door and I noticed some water was collected on the door sill. Not a lot, maybe half a liter or less. This is also something none of my other cars have done
i have a 2019 jaguar f pace sport. same problem. my side windows also fogs up bad. don't know what to do? anyone can help. i took it back to the dealer they told me they can't find anything wrong with it!