X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this really possible

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this really possible

Ok...everywhere i read, They say it can't be done and if done it is not cost effective. heres the link about a guy putting in a nav system on a non nav x-type. Can anyone enlighten me on this.
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10271

Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts
Default RE: Is this really possible

I read that thread, and apparently, many have successfully completed it in the UK. it looks like the x-dave guy supplies the harness for a fee (seems pretty complicated putting that together) but the rest of the install looks like a breeze, just have to find you parts. If you don't have the manual climate controls, this would certainly be a fun project to do. Not willing to risk it?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 PM

willing? yes. could i afford to do it within the time frame i want it?...maybe not. I'm kinda instant gratification kinda dude. i want it now but to go through with it ,purchasing al the parts right now would probably be costly.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

xdave is on this site as well (that's the guy that did that.) Honestly I'd think an aftermarket unit would be much cheaper to install rather than that unit. Actually an entire carputer would be cheaper than doing that full blown install. Looks like fun though! I'd rather have the stock unit but there are limitations with it, a quality pioneer double din unit would be my preferred alteration rather than the jag navi system. The biggest problem I'd have is what would you do if you have a problem? You don't have a warranty on any of the equipment and could you imagine having to pay for that climate control unit after it is said and done? To me it wouldn't be worth it!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM

aquill, have been reading your posts about your knowledge of the car's electronic accesories. like you i would prefer the stock look.
would you have a pic of that pioneer double din unit?(for comparing purposes)Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RedDucati

aquill, have been reading your posts about your knowledge of the car's electronic accesories. like you i would prefer the stock look.
would you have a pic of that pioneer double din unit?(for comparing purposes)Thanks
There's quite a few on cardomain. I'm too lazy to look, but I know they're out there.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't seen any x's with the d3 but many with double dins.
This is schmiddty's unit from this forum. It looks pretty nice if you ask me.

Here's one from cardomain (this dash kit doesn't look as nice as others I've seen)

Here's a flip out (which is dumb, I would have made it so that the radio sat lower by making my own dash kit)