X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear suspension bent

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear suspension bent

I hit a LARGE pothole, bent one wheele ($150.00 to repair) but there has been a stranbe "clunking " noise from the rear, after inspection on a lift it appears the lower control arm is beny (Ford part # 9 A568) Any advise on where the best place to obtain this part is (other than dealer)
As soon as I figure out how to attach a photo I will do so

Thanks

Old 11-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,922 Likes on 3,222 Posts

Leo, welcome to the forums. I think you will find lots of good information here. First, not all dealers are the same when it comes to Jaguars. As you will find out, there are some Jag dealers that are sensible. Give Nalley Jaguar (sponsor here) a call and see what they can do for you. You may find that you can get the part for relatively cheap. A lower control arm (18" long arm at the front edge of the rear tires) is $88 (list is $107) through another dealer I use online. But, if you bent the trailing arm (what contains the bottom half of the spring), then that is going to run $358 (list is $421). These prices do not include any S&H (their shipping prices are very reasonable).

I'm sure Nalley can help you out. They offer a discount to the members here. If you need any other info, let me know. You can also check out a member by the name of "Ken@Britishparts.com". He is also a good source to find parts through. I have used him and is more than willing to help out members. You will need to send him an e-mail and he will send you his phone number so you can order through him.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Leo, welcome to the forums. I think you will find lots of good information here. First, not all dealers are the same when it comes to Jaguars. As you will find out, there are some Jag dealers that are sensible. Give Nalley Jaguar (sponsor here) a call and see what they can do for you. You may find that you can get the part for relatively cheap. A lower control arm (18" long arm at the front edge of the rear tires) is $88 (list is $107) through another dealer I use online. But, if you bent the trailing arm (what contains the bottom half of the spring), then that is going to run $358 (list is $421). These prices do not include any S&H (their shipping prices are very reasonable).

I'm sure Nalley can help you out. They offer a discount to the members here. If you need any other info, let me know. You can also check out a member by the name of "Ken@Britishparts.com". He is also a good source to find parts through. I have used him and is more than willing to help out members. You will need to send him an e-mail and he will send you his phone number so you can order through him.
Thanks for the welcome
I am a member of a few other fourm's (other vehicles) and they are a tremendous source of info. I believe it is actually the trailing arm that is bent (looks like it also holds or surrounds the hub) I guess I'm going to have to "bite the bullet" and just order one. This is my first Jag, but I dont know if its fair to judge the marque on a car that contains a lot of another manufacturers parts and tecnology (I see a Ford logo and number stamped on the arm) so far Im not overly impressed, but I dont dislike the car either, its just kind of "generic" I'm hoping the AWD will be the redeaming quality (reason for purchase) as my son will be using it to comute to school durring the winter.

Thanks again