Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for 2003 x type headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for 2003 x type headlights

Hello everyone,

I have been reading and absorbing like a sponge all the good info. I am a new Jag owner - 2003 x type, 3.0, 50,000 miles. Wife makes fun of me because she says I do not stop smiling when I am behind the wheel, anyway to much info.

Only complaint I have is headlights and speakers, already fixed the speakers.......any recommendations on headlight upgrade. I am sure I can do myself, just need details of what to look for on EBay.

Anyway I am looking forward towards being a part of the community. I love my Jag (Olive - as I have named her for the color - is a beautiful machine). Great car, and I look forward towards driving her for many years to come! World just looks brighter when looking past the leaper!

Bring on the snow!

Cheers!

D

Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Recommendations for 2003 x type headlights

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...6914QQtcZphoto

most have gone with 6000k

Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Yeah that 6000K is the best choice

Old 11-03-2007, 10:50 AM

[:-] $48 bucks for shipping, at least it feels like a deal....

By the way, anybody got pics of the HID kits installed???

Old 11-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Any advice on installation or is pretty straight forward?

Thanks for all of the great info!

D

Old 11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

I believe this upgrade talked lately . I think you should do a search , it should be there

Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks cadillac!

Need to get something done quick with time change upon us.......

D

Old 11-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Veteran Member

Anytime bro

Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there deberly I got the same hid kit as nineball and spartan. They had excellent shipping time on their product from mydepots or whatever the link it is he gave you. I got the 6k kti and even that thing is super blue. Personally I wanted a more stock look...well I lied I love the 6k kit as now all the other stock hids look like hids but I think the 6k look even better....click on the pictures below if you want to go to my album to view the pictures. The install was wayyyyy easier than I thought and the whole process should take less than an hour as long as you either have a drill bit for drilling the hole out or I used my jigsaw to cut the hole. One tip though is when you put the light throught the back of the light cover don't put the rubber grommet into the hole put the light into the hole and mount to the headlamp with that metal clip and then put the cover on and than pull the grommet through. Once I did the drivers side the passenger side took me a total of about 10 minutes with pulling the cover off and everything. Do the drivers side as it will be easy and than the passenger side is even easier than the drivers side as you've already done it and know exactly what to do even though the passenger side has a lot less room. Be sure to remove the battery and battery case from in front of the drivers side. You don't have to pull the whole battery case/box from the car just turn it sideways...there is also a tube connected to the battery box so be careful. Don't worry though you'll see when you get ready to do it. Here is my post about the lights after I finally received them...the transit gets messed up because they come from China. Total once the supplier/mydepot actaully gave me a tracking number 2 weeks later the item was to my door from the time it left the China post office in about 5 days! So its fast if the stupid post office decides to ship it! And the shipping they use is usps express mail which does cost more money but not the $48 or 49 they post on there! Trust me though the kit is worth the money I'll be getting some for the fogs hopefully soon!
Link to my post about them...

Pictures....

Hopefully that helps...go to my web album to view more pics...

Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Great job ,love the pics

Old 11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks cadi...you look at the pics on my album? They look wayyy bluer than they do in the pics...don't know why it doesn't show that...oh well! I am totally happy now with the 6k vs. the 4300 or 5k. I feel that those lesser ones aren't blue enough compared to all the cars i've seen now with hids I think my 6k are a very good tradeoff for light output and coolness-if thats a word!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, 6000K is the best one aside from Bi-Xenons that come with the factory . As to the pic thingy vs real look I think there should be something to do with the your camera set up or other environmental factors [&:]

Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

I tried many settings on my digital slr but it doesn't work...I guess though I had my mind more on getting them on there than taking pics! Well obviously they aren't as nice as the factory set but those are also more money! I've really never seen a picture taken by anyone that actually showed the lights for what they are except the pictures sellers of the hids take!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Aquill1 - thanks for the great info and picts. I will have to check the budget with the wife (as I just replaced car speakers) and give them a call.

Everyone has been great help here on the forum! As a Jag newbie it is helpful. I am a long time do-it-yourselfer with house, but always took the car to the shop for anything at all. I have found out that working on the car is not that tough indeed, granted I am not talking any engine or transmission work. Thanks again everyone for the great support!

I will have to give the people you recommended a try!

Thanks again.

D

Old 11-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member

Keep in mind that I did have a problem with them but for the price you can't really say too much especially for the quality of the kit...good luck...what speakers did you upgrade to?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Infinity Kappa 60.7 cs, and 2 6x9's in my factory sub box in the trunk. When I got my "baby" as the wife puts it..... speakers were blown and only 1 6x9 sub was operational. It is not perfect as it needs an amp, but it was a cheap fix (bought on ebay for under $150 for all 4 doors). And it sounds pretty damn good - even without amp. Just got the speakers and pulled the panel and went for it. No previous experience - other than wired the home for surround sound.

My car has the 10 speaker set up. It is nice, still trying to figure out the stock stero........too many buttons!

I have "TA volume" that comes up when you hold down mode button. I think it is for voice activation, but my car does not have phone (as it says no phone when you press the phone button). So I think that I should stop racking my brain on what the TA Volume 1-6 means before you set the clock!

Really need to add a phone feature - will put it on my wish list.

Thanks for the help and the interest!

D

Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Traffic Announcement Volume. if/when a traffic alert is broadcast it will override the stereo (if it is on) and give you an alert.

since you are on a budget, get a Parrot Bluetooth system. best bang for the buck. if money is no object, http://www.eurocarphone.com/

Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Thanks nineball! Great info......it has been driveing me CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the bluetooth info. I would like to think there is not a budget, but the wife reminds me there is!

Cheers,

D

Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Same here!! Anybody got pics...Doesnt sound like a difficult job but sounds time consuming...

Quick Reply: Recommendations for 2003 x type headlights