Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rust already?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: rust already?!?!

well still no work started on my X-Type yet. I am still waiting for Jaguar to figure out what they are going to do. Last time I talked to them it sounded like they were leaning towards fixing my car instead of giving me a different one. I guess one good thing about them keeping my car for the last month is all the miles I save. I have been driving this loaner and have not put a single mile on mine because they have it

Old 04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

well it's not at the dealer it is at the body shop in pieces.but thanks for the offer (not a bad idea

Old 04-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

I will soon..

Old 04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep us all informed...hopefully they just replace the car...I just got a quote to have a bumper I bought on ebay painted...it has scratches or whatever it will need to be sanded/primered and painted but with me bringing them the bumper they say it's going to cost over 500 for it...I was like WTF??? I had my front bumper removed, fixed in 2 spots, painted, cleared, reinstalled, 4wheel alignment, fender skirt removed and new one purchased and installed, wheels installed and the entire car washed and dryed and cleaned up for a little over 700 bucks. I don't understand how they are trying to get 500+ for them to just paint the freaking bumper and I remove and re-install it...rape artists...I hate collision shops...wish buck were here in the states...

Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

You know I have been thinking about it a lot lately, me car (with the exception of the rusted bottom) is in showroom condition. There is not even a finger print in it! The car has been taken care of very nicely. Know if they give me another car it might not be… well I pretty sure it won’t be in as good of condition as mine. I don’t know if I would want mine back or if I would want a different car? It has been making me think a lot lately.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Keep in mind most of the cars that jag has in their lot are quite new themselves. You almost couldn't tell the difference between a used jag and the one's they had in the lot that were used...

Old 04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Aq, did you try Caliber Collision a couple blocks from Autobahn Jag? They're very fair to me. $76 to prep n paint my two bumper cover-covers.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'll go check them out tomorrow actually, I was going to go to maaco and see what they were actually going to want.

Good thing I waited, I knew there was a reason I was holding off! But yeah for real I'll have to go check them out, I gotta get my insurance figured out, state farm wants 262 a month for full coverage on the jag and mountaineer and thats with 500 deductibles. That whole pot hole incident is going to end up costing me about 80-100 bucks a month which is a joke because neither of us have anything on our license except now that pot hole claim I made on my insurance which is the only thing I've ever claimed[:@][:@][:@]. I figure they paid 1200 out of their pockets for the whole entire incident, by calculating 80 bucks a month and my insurance over the next 3 years because thats how long it sticks I'm looking at paying them $2880 just for that incident over the next 3 years. What a joke! I f-ing hate insurance!!! And the worst part is that when figuring out the cost of insurance state-state or area-area they raise it according to the geographical location. For instance Florida is obviously going to get hammered for insurance, much like that michigan raises their insurance costs to the terrible roads that are statewide. Man I get myself even more and more irritated, I'm gonna go play some basketball up at 24hours wanna join?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Mmmm, i see. Insurance shopping in your future, I see. I hold no loyalties, especially when they try to raise rates for a claim as small as this. tsk, tsk.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member

Geico wanted 300...progressive was 250...esurance is the least with 208...I could do 23- with 250 deductibles but I don't think it's worth it...I will never make another claim unless the car is totalled. I was going to call state farm and see if I could just pay the 1200 back to them to remove any hint of anything (there was no accident report or anything like that obviously as it was between me and the pothole or rather wife and pot hole) which I would totally pay 1200 to remove it from my insurance record...crooks...[sm=vader.gif]

Old 04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Man! I used to play 3 times a week then I ripped my achilles. Hurts like hell. I wish i could play kind of makes me depressed By fall I should be good to go... aquill, youare up north right?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

Not anymore...moved to texas end of feb/beginning of march...

I've got to get in shape! Lose about 20lbs...

Old 05-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Veteran Member

The long and final update: Well it has come to an end. After months of going back and forth with Jaguar it has all ended, and here is the final chapter. After sending the car to a couple of different body shops they found out the damage was too far progressed to fix. I talked to Jaguar and they gave me the news. I gave them about 2 weeks to figure out how they wanted to handle this. They finally got back to me and said they are going to trade me out of my car. Pretty much, they are going to buy it from me for what I paid for it and then I am to buy another car of my choice. I looked at a lot of different models and brands. I decided to stay with Jaguar and in the end to stay with the X-Type. I must say I was very happy on how Jaguar handled this in the end. Sure they threw a few curve ***** at me along the way (see my other updates in this post) but I just kept my sights on the final target and in the end it all worked out. The new car is a definite upgrade from my last one. Same model, much newer and with many more options like Nav, heated mirrors, and 17 inch rims. I think I will stick with the Jaguar brand for a long time mainly because of how they handled this problem. There was something wrong with the car and they stood by their work till the end. I just hope others with the same problem have the same luck I did so as to fix their problems. One word of advice: for those of you with the same problem (I know there are a few on here) is not to just settle with who you are dealing with. For example: if you are having the local dealer handle the problem and it seems they said Jaguar won’t fix or help you with your problem go to the next guy, call the 800 number. If they won’t help go to their boss. I stayed calm and aware of everything that involved my case; I think this helped in the end. I want to keep this short (some what) so if any of you have any questions or need any help on this subject feel free to PM me.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  9.9 KB

Nice one Jvegas..............excellent result

Obviously your pereseverance and calm positive attitude has helped to steer this issue towards this happy conclusion.

I wish you all the best with your new vehicle

Jim

Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Great news JV...You handled it perfectly and you see the results of a cool head.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

After talking to a few people today, they figured out the cause of this common rocker panel rust. First the drain holes in the panels are worthless. The only good drain hole is on the rear of the rocker panel near the rear wheel. They don’t do what they were meant to do! Second, the X-Type sits lower on the front end and higher on the back end. What I mean is if you put a level on the bottom of the car you will see the back is higher than the front. Because of this the salty water that gets inside the rocker panel and then sits on the low end of the panel near the front of the car. This starting the rust process. It is just a flaw in the design…. Well the drain holes not draining a guess is the flaw. With the new car I have decided to do a few things. Every spring I am going to remove the protective plastic that covers the rocker panels and inspect them. I also will wash them very well. I thought about drilling new and working drain holes but I don’t want to void the warranty.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm happy for you vegas and nice to hear that thngs are ok

Quick Reply: rust already?!?!