X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Snow tank

This year my area got hit hard with wet snow, over 35cm waa waaa woooozaaa !!!! This wasnt a problem for my car it left Mercs with 4matics, audi's with quatros in the white stuff while i was hualing major *** :P haha . Now that the city cleared up all the 1-3 feet of snow ( which was nothing for my car ) all we have are black ice patches and bumpy residential roads, and smooth highways....atleast i thought. I was on the freeway and all of a sudden when i hit 65 km/h my car started to jump up and down panicing i pulled over and checked for flats...nothing...then i looked at each wheel discovering that my rear passenger wheel was missing a lug nut. I got my tire iron out and tighten the 4 remaining ones and drove home not going over 20km/h with my emergency lights flashing. Now i dont really understand how a lug nutt thats scrwed on with an impact gun can just ...fall out. I got a brand new lug nutt from the dealer and put it on but that didnt resolve my problem with the car jumping up and down...by jumping up and down i mean for example on the flinstones i recall burny's front tire was shaped like egg and and he was jumpen up and down with the car...now that sort of a stupid example but i cant think of one similar to the situation of my cars lol. Also the stearing wheel starts to turn side to side like its loose on the column at 60km/h and above however underthat speed the steering wheel is firm and responsive i also noticed its pulling more to the right now than before its also pulling more to the right than before....i do recalling hitting a pile of snow preety fast and the car went through like butter...any ideas?

Last edited by Jessy; 12-07-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

If it was still cold out, I'd suspect ice buildup on the inside of the wheel tire...but if all the snows melted, perhaps you threw off your wheel weights and now the tire's out of balance. I'd spend $50 and get all the tires re-balanced first. Then, re-evaluate.

Losing a lugnut...now that's odd.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM

Yea i just had my uncle drop by and he thinks its a rim bent and he also told me that my tranny's close to tost and told me to lay of the gas and i can go with out picken up gurls for a couple of months till he can get down to business with the car he also said that my car dont perfrom like a Jag and i need a tune up YIKES! o well um prolly gonna park her for the winter and pick up a 600 dollar honda civic off of kijiji or craigs list haha thanks.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I would jus tlike to comment on the snow tank, I FRICKEN KNOW right, this car is the best, in my words for the snow. A couple days agoo, we had a few feet of snow fall, truck, suvs, and other cars get stuck, and out of all thse all you see is a black jag ripping her up good lol, my freinds call her the snowbeast lol. The other probelm i have no idea

Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Red face

Last year when mine started that front end shake and was pulling to one side, this was in the spring after a all the pot hole started littering the streets, I swapped the wheels from front to the rear and everything was back to mostly normal. Apparently a belt had slipped in one or both of the front tires. You could detect some vibration with the tires on the rear but at a higher speed. When I replaced all the tires every thing was good again.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jessy
he also said that my car dont perfrom like a Jag

I'm not sure what he meant by that, but remember that's a X-Type you're driving, not a XK or XJ. I wouldn't go ahead and spend a lot of $ on tuneups just because it doesn't "drive like a Jag".

Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Not only that, what do u mean, not perform like a jag, the ride, sporty ness, u gott aremerb it a v6, not a v12, as many non jags people claim every jag to be lol. Its a awd compact excutive car, not a super car, or a land yacht