X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody please help me

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somebody please help me

I've got a 2004 X Type 3.0 The security system completely locked up and killed literally everything to the car. I can't even roll my window down or get the dash to light up. The only thing that happens when I turn the key is the alarm system does a kind of rapid beeping. Basically what I would like to know is if I can completely remove the security system or if anybody can tell me where the ignition kill relay is for it. I've taken my dash apart on the drivers side and have not found it. Jaguar said they can't help me. They said I tow it there and they can TRY to get to the bottom of it but he said with everything I told him I've tried he said they probably won't be able to do anything for me. He didn't even suggest it almost like he didn't even want me to waste my time or money. He only mentioned it when I asked him if the car was considered junk at this point. I know the security is wired into the ECU so it's not going to be an easy task to completely remove it but if someone can tell me exactly where the ignition kill relay is I'm fairly certain I can bypass that part of it and get my car started.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,932 Likes on 3,228 Posts

Chris, here is the trick with the security system, it is tied to the firing of the ignition coils. The way the ECU is wired, it needs a good command from the security system to let the signals go through and let the engine fire. So, in short, you would need to get a completely different ECU and somehow wire it up to make the engine run. The only other option that I can think of is potentially a tuning shop could get into the software and be able to delete the command to check for the security code and simply program it to say that the security is always good.

If you are having security issues, have you checked the plug on the back of the instrument cluster to see if that is still good. There is a common issue where the solder joints to the main plug for the instrument cluster will crack (forms a very thin black ring inside the solder joint), causing the instrument cluster to do funny things. After removing the instrument cluster, a little bit of fixing with a soldering iron can return things to normal.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Was there any work done to the car recently or any other circumstance you can point to that might give a clue to what might be happening? Or was it running perfectly fine and all of a sudden you go to start it and you get the security beeping. I take it the red light near the shift lever is also blinking in some kind of sequence. If you know what that sequence is that might help diagnosing it as well. Good luck, this doesn't sound like it will be a simple fix.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,564 Likes on 3,968 Posts

I am under the belief that the security system will not prevent things such as windows being rolled down.

If I'm right then you have a major fault other than (or in addition to) the security system.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8
I am under the belief that the security system will not prevent things such as windows being rolled down.

If I'm right then you have a major fault other than (or in addition to) the security system.
I have checked the plug and there no problem with it even tested it with the multimeter. To the second comment it was driving fine and activated in the middle of driving. And it is not giving me the code by a blinking sequence the red light isn't on at all. I manually jumped my starter with a paperclip and the car started fine but it says on the dash Security Failed. And to the 3rd comment it has shut literally everything down. The only thing that will work is the hazard lights. You can't even pull codes from the car without bypassing the security system by jumping the starter with a paperclip. No windows no radio. Nothing that involves power in the car besides the hazard lights will work

Old 02-21-2018, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I presume you disconnected the battery to reset the ECU. Can't hurt at this stage.
P.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Carson City Smith
I presume you disconnected the battery to reset the ECU. Can't hurt at this stage.
P.
yes

Old 02-21-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Hebb
yes
even tried putting the battery from my Benz in it and that didn't work either

Old 02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

Something is telling me one of the big fuses under your under-hood fusebox may have let go...Jaguar uses cartridge fuses rather than fusible links. I can't look it up here right now, but I believe ther is an 80A and a 130A fuse under there...the 130 I'm sure of.

A pothole took out mine (and a wheel and new tire at the same time, but we won't go there!)