X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring Is Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GD Chicago weather...I'll prolly just wait till i'm out of school first week of May. It's still 40 here.

But since I have a Silver X-Type and a BLACK 3-series, I've noticed this is what works best for me:

1) Wash with NXT wash w/ sheepskin wash mitt and microfiber mitt for wheels. I use 3 buckets. One with soap, and 2 to rinse the mitt before redipping in soap.
2) Dry with waffle weave microfiber.
3) Clay
4) Repeat Step 1, but more quickly.
5) Now if needed I'll bust out Menzerna Polishes and a PC. But I don't think I need to do it this spring. Paint still looks great and was protected all winter. I wash my car 2x a week during winter.
6) Apply Jeff Werkstat Prime - this is my light polish/paint prep for my sealant which is...
7) Apply Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett: Trigger - Excellent Sealant with actual depth.
8) Apply another coat of Sealant after waiting.
9) Then top with S100 Carnuaba Wax
10) Matte Tire Shine (I hate the really shiny looking ones)

Interior I vacuum and then clean the leather with Zymol Leather Cleaner and then the Conditioner. Also use Zaino Leather in a Bottle. Excellent products. I've tried the Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner. It started fading my leather and I freaked out. For basic plastics I've had good luck with Meguiar's interior quick detailer. Smells good too. It leaves thing matte. I HATE using products that make the leather or plastics in the car all shiny. Just doesn't look good to me. I might try treating the dash this year with a dash protecting product like 303.

All towels used are quality microfiber towels.

This works great for me. I can actually take pics of the paint on the bimmer, and some people will think its an actual picture, not a reflection off the paint.

I want to try Zaino next. And I also want to pick up a foam blaster gun for the car wash this year. I can't wait!!

Last edited by Master Deep; 03-31-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:18 AM

Oh and P21S and S100 are identical waxes for the most part. There are minute differences but most will not notice. They have identical packaging, except S100 is sold for motorcycles. So if you guys want a great wax for cheap, head to your local Harley Davidson dealer and pick up some. I've used the S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleanser followed by 3 coats of S100 wax. Just unbelievable. It is my favorite wax for the most part because it is so easy to work with and its the best for its price. I do like Pinacle Sovereign but its EXPENSIVE!! And Zymol Concourse...just ridiculous. Never tried the Zymol though.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Zymol leather conditioner is good stuff for the $.

I use Collonite on my Jeep. Basically boat wax, but makes it much easier to just hose off all the mud.

Master Deep, please feel free to come on over to Pittsburgh and take care of my X anytime! lol....

Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I knew a real detailer that does the whole clay bar and stuff...I've seen some amazing results from people that do it...

Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by aquill1
I wish I knew a real detailer that does the whole clay bar and stuff...I've seen some amazing results from people that do it...
It's not that hard actually. I was nervous when I first tried it. The key is to keep the surface well lubricated. Quick Detailers work well. Then lightly run the clay over the spot.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chris X
Zymol leather conditioner is good stuff for the $.

I use Collonite on my Jeep. Basically boat wax, but makes it much easier to just hose off all the mud.

Master Deep, please feel free to come on over to Pittsburgh and take care of my X anytime! lol....
I might be coming there a few times a year now! My sister just got into the BS/MD program at University of Pittsburgh. She'll prolly be going there unless she chooses another school.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
I might be coming there a few times a year now! My sister just got into the BS/MD program at University of Pittsburgh. She'll prolly be going there unless she chooses another school.
Cool! Pitt has a fantastic program and major hospital support. UPMC (Univ of Pittsburgh Medical Center) is one of the biggest employers in the region and a great research facility.

If you are ever in the area, drop me a PM. I work downtown and live about 15 minutes outside of town.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear you Master Deep on this weather! I wish spring would get here and stay!

I did get a chance to handwash my Jag a few weeks ago when it was in the upper 60's. Felt really good to do so and get all the winter grime off.

Wash with: Ultima soap w/ microfiber mit...this soap rocks!! Tons of suds!
Clay bar: have not done this year yet..may get the new Mequiar's
Polish: Sonus w/ Porter cable orbiter a few times as needed
Apply: Ultima Paint Guard Plus: again a couple times
Wax: Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto wax...have tried Zaino products before as well on
my old Porsche.
Leather: Either Zaino Leather in a Bottle or Sonus leather treatment.
Vinyl: 303 Aerospace
Carpet: 303 Aerospace carpet cleaner

Old 04-18-2009, 01:22 AM

I LOVE 951's!! I'm a huge Porsche fan. Porsche was my first love that sparked my interest in cars when I was like 3 yo. I was looking at buying a late 80's 944 back in HS, but I decided that it probably wasn't the best choice for me at the time.

There seem to be a lot of Chicago area members on this x-type forum. We should have a meet or something.

Beautiful Weather Out past few days and tmrw! I drove 150 miles just in fun driving in my x-type past 2 days with windows and moonroof open. Felt great after our long winter.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet any glimpse of good weather this spring feels like heaven for you guys...I knew y'all were going to get pounded when August in Michigan averaged in the 70's...