X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

I definitely feel the pain from these posts! I had DSC System Fault with the engine & abs lights on and I have about 96k on the odo and mine is a select edition. Took it to Jag and they literally bent me over with no petroleum based products in hand. They charged me a bunch of money to replace a bunch of rubber hoses as they said I had leaks all over the place. After given up the Benji's as soon as I drove itoff the lot and turned the corner DSC System Fault appeared again. Took it right back. Dealer said we will order the front right wheel abs harness which is covered under warranty. After putting it in the code went away finally.But why butt F*ck me for hoses and leaks (if they really existed) when it was the abs sensor all along?

Further more Jag has had my 02 X Sport for two weeks now to fix several problems including clearing codes out of the system to complete PA emissions. They're telling me now for two weeks that they got all of the codes out except for a P1000 code which is not allowing there computer to communicate with the ecm of the car to test for emissions. To there credit they did set me up with a loaner at no charge. However for the first week they gave me a gas guzzlin *** Jeep Grand Cherokee V8. My X normally gets 20-22 mpg. That dam Sherman tank was averaging 9.8-12 in the city!!! Last week I went back to the dealership and told them if my sh*t ain't gonna be ready today you will get me another vehicle. They called up their rep at Enterprise and got me an 04 X auto. Man I miss my 3.0 5 speed sport but since I do a lot of miles and my select edition runs out at 100k or Jun of 08 I'm coping.

Finally, my driver side head turn signal simply stopped working. Jag replaced the bulb, no go. Then the whole headlight, signal worked for about a day and then stopped again. And now we are at the point of when they can clear the last code out of the system to do emissions they will hunt down the short in the system.

I'm really glad I have a loaner due to the miles I clockbut I really miss my navi, heated seats, 5sp manual, 3.0 motor,silver exterior, charcoal interior, sport suspension and bangin azz bump in my trunk. It's kinda weak listening to Keyshia Cole 'I Remember' on thatcorny azzfactory system.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As bo just stated that code is always there...I've only tested the codes myself twice and know this...got this information from this useless site that doesn't have 100k members...

Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: frombenz2jag

Too tell you the truth man, I really liked Mercedes, thats all I ever bought and driven in since birth. I begin to like Jaguar bc I found out about the S-Type R. I never really cared for Jags that much but had a liking in the Rs. I had me a C230 and I would take it in all the time, and they covered the entire car under warranty no questions asked. Everyone of my bills was $0 I never paid for anything with my Mercedes. 1-800-For Mercedes was cool too, they always went out of their way to make sure I was happy. Also Free Loaner cars too, mainly Benzes I driven S-Classes, E-Classes, and C-Classes. I kinda miss Mercedes though. Only reason I got a Jag is bc the great deal I got on the STR. Even though the Jag has DVD Navi, and tons of options over the MBI still miss my home, a Mercedes Benz.I was going to get a C32 AMG which is faster than the Jag S-Type R and has a V6 Kompressor Supercharger, but it cost a little bit more, but your driving a Mercedes, and you know CPO will fix all your problems for $0.
This forum isnt like Home, unlike the Benz Forums Mbworld, and Benzworld has close to 100K Members on each forum. The Jag forum only has 2500 Members here. Theres a difference. On the Benz Forums if I had inquirys I would get tons of responses and tons of help its not like that here. Also on a Benz I have tons of Mods I can do and plenty of tuners, unlike Jaguar theirs pretty much non. I dont feel like Im at home with a Jag. Im already at a bad start with the dealership refusing to cover broken HIDheadlights, and want to charge outrageous prices, plus diag fees. How is this Home ?

Heres pics of my last two cars I owned in the last 4 months
From my last memory you were pumped up about jag and all...than all of a sudden your on here bashing the car and this forum? I have no idea why you'd treat anybody here like that! There is no way you have found it more home like at a mb forum as I don't really know any other forum, and I'm part of my fair share, that are as cool and informative about these cars! Oh well though I guess you should have bought the mb and complained more about that breaking down.

Keep in mind I've tried to be helpful and welcoming to you and yet this forum is nothing like mb forums??? I don't take you comparing this forum to a mb forum well as you stated there are 3 times the amount of people on that site vs. here! Did you ever think that may be because there are more people with problems? If you ever notice more people join this site a couple of times to figure out their problem and never post again. Good luck with your s perhaps you got lucky with your other mb's and perhaps you should try another dealer as I stated earlier to help you although we don't do that on here do we?

Here are some interesting links that are truly contrary to what you've described...

As stated in the link below mb says that problems after 50k miles are the drivers error not the car...
LINK

Vehicle dependability is higher for jag than mercedes??? Wonder why that is I thought jags were worse?
LINK

In this link you will notice dissatisfaction with what??? A mercedes here's a post from a mb owner quote and un-quote...mind you this is just a quick few links I found really quick...

Quote-
"As the owner of four previous Mercedes in can only concur with your above comments. Living in the Midlands I can honestly say that I've visited all the Merc dealers within a 40 mile radius of my home town and there is not one dealer I would recommend to my worst enemy. As yet I've not needed a ******* to look at the B Class as I bought it second hand from Mercedes Direct and I'm contemplating having it serviced at Andy Gayles (independant) when its due. At least you are treated properly there.

Before I bought my B Class I was contemplating a Jaguar X Type Estate. You really do have to take your hat off to their level of customer service. You get the utmost respect from Jaguar dealerships and I would have willing bought an X type, if only they made a diesel auto.

Mercedes dealers could do with visiting Jaguar and take a few, if not all, positive points away with them.

Oh well such is life."

LINK TO WHAT ELSE WAS SAID>>>

I guess Jd Power is wrong in this study that shows jag #1 dont' see mb in that ranking...
LINK

Here's the 2007 dependability study by jd powers the mb nameplate is higher than average unlike 06 but still not higher than jag...

LINK

Here's a link in the mercedes favor...its a study that is done on retention meaning they had a mercedes and bought another...
LINK

The links I provided show that apparently mb isn't as great as you thought it is. Apparently the people buying remain with them even though they seem to have problems and poor satisfaction. Not to mention in general the entire mercedes and chrysler line have had many problems with reliability and number of problems. Everyone and everwhere is a different story. Just because you got lucky with the mb dealer you have doesn't mean you will always get it. Try a different dealer the only dealer from the research I've done is that buying a toyota or lexus brand in particular will you be rewarded with an excellent resale value, low # of problems and overall satisfaction. Coming on this site telling us mb is the best without proof means nothing. Just because you'v gotten lucky means nothing. You've had one problem and are already bashing jaguar. The only person that has this right in my opinion on this entire site that i've listened to on here is Bojangles with all of the problems he's had. Every car in the world has problems though no matter what it is and customer service can be terrible anywhere it doesn't matter the brand. Whether it be the many chrysler dealers that raped my dad or the ford dealers that screwed over my work or the chevrolet dealers that screwed over my sister! They all have problems!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Novel completed! BTW benz don't take it personal I've been talking to you since the day you came on here and hold nothing against anyone!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bo,

How long does it normally take to complete the drive cycles? The dealer told me they have to drive it for 20 minutes under 1800 rpm local and highway. Not sure if that's true or not.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is probably impossible to merge onto a highway by keeping every gear under 1800rpm. U'd be going like 30mph and traffic's going 80. lol Unless u do it late at night I guess.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun selling a Jaguar on ebay in the middle of the winter Benz, that's sure going to turn out well, maybe u will get 5 figures.
And let me guess, you are going to advertise it on the site so that it will totally blindside whoever purchases the car, but screw them you know.

All u did was complain about jaguar and complain about this forum but did you try any of are suggestions, or even read most of them. Did you try driving up to Wilmette to go to Imperial motors, or did you try Patrick Jaguar. Your best friends on this site should be all the people from Chicago who advised you where to take your Jaguar, but you didn't even acknowledge any of us.

This is my favorite website, what I enjoy about it is there aren't 100,000 members, there are a couple dozen regulars and then there are ****** who come on here and expect licensed mechanics to give you cheap simple solutions, when all we are are fellow owners trying to help you out.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 PM

My bro was on his bmw forums e46fanatics.com and he said a dude with a s-type r screen name frombenz2jagR' was bragging about his car saying how fast it is and so many options.Its a cool car but why go to bmw forums?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 PM

And got banned couple of times and went to e90forums

Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Interesting read. I think I got my ration of soap opera drama for the day. Perhaps a good time to close the thread mods?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

Nah this is fun! People that have these feelings about this car either need to realize what is really happening, not make a story up and tell everyone the wrong thing. Telling people they are better off with a mercedes is totally contradictory to the real truth. In life many people suck and you deal with it that is life! He's so hyped up about a mercedes that even if they did the same thing with the jag he'd still bash jag and say mb is the way to go...I hate it when people are hypocritical, like I said the only person on this site that has the right to complain about jaguar would be bojangles! I'm pretty sure he let his steam out about the car a while ago!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: frombenz2jag
Well Im officially selling my S-Type R now. Im not going to deal with this bs any longer with Jaguar saying they wont cover my headlamps. You cant even change a bulb unless you remove the entire bumper. Benz, I can do everything nice an easy. I will have my S-Type R on ebay next week. So if anyone wants to grab it with "Select Edition 100K Warranty til 10/28/08" I will sell it at wholesale price, or whatever it ends at. Also I will give a free set of snow tires which also came with the cartoo. But Im going back to Benz, Jaguar just aint for me anymore. Im getting me a C32 AMG a much better performance car than the S-Type R.
All the best fromjag2benzAGAIN

Good luck

Jim

Quick Reply: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !